Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #43
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Now THAT was an outstanding read.

What I liked about that article is that is was objective, yet was able to project the emotions and awesome experience of having the car for a day.

On top of that, I must add another quote to my sig-- "But fair is fair: GM nailed the important stuff with the Camaro. This is a car that grabs you on an emotional level. It is relentlessly, unapologetically, unequivocally badass." -- Alex, Autoblog
Old 04-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #44
Camaro Insider

Drives: chevy..what else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE View Post
Your affair starts when I see you guys on the street...

Thats gonna be the true test...

Not some guy with vasoline and a Camaro mag.....

J/K enjoy the testosterone high
YOU WON;T HAVE TO WAIT LONG TO BE EMBARASSED
Camaro Insider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #45
Camaro Insider

Drives: chevy..what else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmac View Post
And you guys wonder why all of us MUSTANG owners are hanging out here !!

I've been a die hard Ford man all my life (as is my dad & 2 brothers as well as my late grandfather). Current daily driver is a 2004 V6 5-Spd. Mustang and had similar 1994 & 1998 models before it (15 yrs / 330k miles and counting).

As far as exterior, I like both the 2010 Mustang & Camaro. I like the looks of the Mustang Interior & Dash better than the Camaro and it does weigh 3-400 lbs. less, but that is where the buck stops. As I am only interested in the V6 MT versions of both, the Camaro blows the Mustang out of the water in almost every other way ... there just IS NO COMPARISON.

This Die Hard Ford fanatic just can't ignore the General anymore !!

Doug
YET ANOTHER CONVERT WELCOME TO THE LIGHT
Camaro Insider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #46
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonz View Post
Alex from Autoblog here. Thanks for the nice words, guys. Stay tuned for more: I'm getting a V6 with the auto tranny for a couple of days this week. (I believe it's an optioned-up 2LT with the RS package.) Anyway, should be fun. Thanks again for the positive feedback on the piece. Glad you enjoyed it.
Welcome to Camaro5! I hope you stick around... I'd really like to hear your opinion of the halo's at night. Thanks for the great read!
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #47
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Alex from Autoblog here. Thanks for the nice words, guys. Stay tuned for more: I'm getting a V6 with the auto tranny for a couple of days this week. (I believe it's an optioned-up 2LT with the RS package.) Anyway, should be fun. Thanks again for the positive feedback on the piece. Glad you enjoyed it.
Welcome. I think you might be the first media type to be here. We have dealers, aftermarket, line workers, and a few higher ups at GM but I don't think there's anyone else from a popular magazine or blog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
Now THAT was an outstanding read.

What I liked about that article is that is was objective, yet was able to project the emotions and awesome experience of having the car for a day.

On top of that, I must add another quote to my sig-- "But fair is fair: GM nailed the important stuff with the Camaro. This is a car that grabs you on an emotional level. It is relentlessly, unapologetically, unequivocally badass." -- Alex, Autoblog
I'll change my sig and let you keep that all to yourself, mine was looking a bit too crowded with three separate lines/quotes
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #48
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
Best line..ever
Agreed. Great read, thanks for posting it up. Arrival day for me could not get here soon enough!
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #49
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
Welcome to Camaro5! I hope you stick around... I'd really like to hear your opinion of the halo's at night. Thanks for the great read!
Number 3 likes the halos a lot. He said they really light up the road good and there isn't a line of light like some HID lamps do but a nice, consistent flood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Welcome. I think you might be the first media type to be here. We have dealers, aftermarket, line workers, and a few higher ups at GM but I don't think there's anyone else from a popular magazine or blog.

I'll change my sig and let you keep that all to yourself, mine was looking a bit too crowded with three separate lines/quotes
Ray Wert from Jalopnik has posted on here a few times.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #50
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:

pretty sure there are other media types on here that just dont identify themselves. there have been several times camaroscotty has said something and a day or 2 later the media has said something very similiar
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #51
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Ray Wert from Jalopnik has posted on here a few times.
I'll take your word for it, and now that I think about it more I think I do remember one or two others, but they don't hang around much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
pretty sure there are other media types on here that just dont identify themselves. there have been several times camaroscotty has said something and a day or 2 later the media has said something very similiar
Yes, Scotty and others have posted stuff here that later winds up on other sites, but that merely proves that they either watch us or get tips from our members (or both) but none really need to be a member since guests can watch and read whats going on without joining up.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #52
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I'll take your word for it, and now that I think about it more I think I do remember one or two others, but they don't hang around much.
Went back and found him... DetroitWonk = Ray Wert.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #53
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Welcome to the site and I'm waiting for your next set of super quotes!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #54
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
This was a nice read, I loved this line

This is a car that grabs you on an emotional level. It is relentlessly, unapologetically, unequivocally badass.

69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #55
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
What a great article. Those are the types of emotions a car like the Camaro brings out.....

I still haven't seen a Camaro in person, and yet i'm totally in love with it.

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #56
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Great article Alex. I really enjoyed your point of view and your creative writing style. I look forward to your V6 article as well. Glad to see the Camaro elicits those emotions.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote