Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #43
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
I would second that. They did alot of R&D for the LLT.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #44
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
I have nothing but good things to say about the way this was handled. Not just for my situation, but for everyone's. I do not know of any other company that would take a situation like this as seriously as they seem to be doing.

John B.
Not to beat a dead horse but the owners of IPF have a lot of money and pride invested into their product. They seem to have done their best to produce and manufacture a product the right way; using investors to fund R&D and their own vehicles to test and tune the product. They're not perfect, nobody is but they're the antithesis of the Bradenton buffoon who still owes me a lot of money.

I run a business and sometimes things go wrong. I take it in the shorts and make it right with the customer because negative word of mouth is fatal and not worth whatever amount of money I'm trying to save by being a douche.

Good job IPF.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #45
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Bearing issues are an old problem with any system. There are so many cheap bearings out there that I can see how this happened after I talked to an aircraft mechanic at work. I commend IPF for stepping up after seeing the returns and to Arno and the guys in Germany for getting some quality bearings in my hands quickly.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #46
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Vader, to answer a couple of your statements/questions, there are four bearings between the two pulleys, two in each pulley. Make sure you're getting four. And, yes, I believe the rear oh-2 sensors are turned off, but they are not reporting anything to the ECU except whether or not temperature is being reached for threshold catalyst kick-off. It shouldn't show up in an OBD-II scan.

What sort of visual inspection does CA have when it comes time for emissions? You could remove the compressor and intake/charge plumbing but leave the intercooler in place, as it is pretty well hidden, especially if the stock intake was back in place.

The tune from IPF allows the engine to function JUST FINE without the supercharger running, so that should be O.K., too. Wouldn't take any more than an hour or two to do it, I'd think. Put the stock belt back on and you're golden.

Fortunately, we don't have a visual inspection in AZ. We have an OBD-II plug-in for newer cars, rollers and a sniffer for older ones. This system will pass both.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #47
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
Vader, to answer a couple of your statements/questions, there are four bearings between the two pulleys, two in each pulley. Make sure you're getting four. And, yes, I believe the rear oh-2 sensors are turned off, but they are not reporting anything to the ECU except whether or not temperature is being reached for threshold catalyst kick-off. It shouldn't show up in an OBD-II scan.

What sort of visual inspection does CA have when it comes time for emissions? You could remove the compressor and intake/charge plumbing but leave the intercooler in place, as it is pretty well hidden, especially if the stock intake was back in place.

The tune from IPF allows the engine to function JUST FINE without the supercharger running, so that should be O.K., too. Wouldn't take any more than an hour or two to do it, I'd think. Put the stock belt back on and you're golden.

Fortunately, we don't have a visual inspection in AZ. We have an OBD-II plug-in for newer cars, rollers and a sniffer for older ones. This system will pass both.

John B.
Out here in Cali they look to see if all your smog sensors are all on ready mode from what I hear. As for visual unless anything has a carb number it will not pass. So I would have to take the supercharger completely off. The intercooler can stay but I will also need to put my stock intake back on. I do also have the bbk long tubes so I would have to take those off as well and put back to stock. Not sure if there's anything else. I did talk to a friend that smogs cars.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #48
Sikoriko

Maybe Arno or Andy can chime in about the rear O2, I don't know how many "not ready" functions you are allowed to have and pass the inspection. There are a few state smog stations that still sniff no OBD reading
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #49
Sikoriko

Or we can all move to Peoria. haha
Old 10-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #50
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I'm FROM Peoria. Illinois. You don't want to move there. Trust me on this one.

Peoria, AZ, founded by folks also from Peoria, IL has some nice areas. But I live in Phoenix proper. The big city. The mean streets. Right in the middle of town.

Not only does AZ have nice weather and easier smog laws, but you can actually own and carry a firearm, if that's your thing. None of this magazine limit, magazine can't be in the gun, magazine can't be loaded, can't have hollow point business.

But I digress.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #51
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Fortunately my state also has pretty relaxed laws on emissions inspections (for now).

And even though we don't have any mean streets in S.Utah- residents are required to carry large capacity firearms with the most deadly projectiles available on the market (OK- not required but greatly encouraged!).

Anyway, out of curiosity I hooked up the OBD reader to my car just to see what it says about readiness:
MIL status- off (malfunction indicator lamp)
Htd catalyst- N/A
Sec air system- N/A
AC refrig mon- N/A

All other checks were OK (there is another separate "catalyst" check and it was OK). I don't know if a long GM style "drive cycle" would correct any of these or if the "refrig mon" would impact an emission check, but it sure blows cold air!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #52
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Mine
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #53
Nutbutt

I'm in Massachusetts, the land of the second worse emissions check to California. Passed no problem back in March with all tests passed. The IPF tunes with readiness flags enabled worked great !
Old 10-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #54
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
Are you guys all running the stock headers or do you guys have long tubes with high flow cats?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #55
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
LFX with SOLO high flow cats
Old 10-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #56
Nutbutt

Stock LLT with solo hi flow cats.