Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #43
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
I'm 46 now - when I was a kid gas was 35 cents a gallon. Then it went up to a dollar and everyone wanted gas misers. Then they got used to it and started easing their way back to normal. Then it got out of hand with every soccer mom driving a 12mpg SUV to make them feel macho - unlike a minivan.

Now prices jump and - surprise! The human race panics and wonders why a full selection of miser vehicles isn't immediately available.

Then, they'll get used to it, and...You get the idea. Deja Vu
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #44
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
I'm 46 now - when I was a kid gas was 35 cents a gallon. Then it went up to a dollar and everyone wanted gas misers. Then they got used to it and started easing their way back to normal. Then it got out of hand with every soccer mom driving a 12mpg SUV to make them feel macho - unlike a minivan.

Now prices jump and - surprise! The human race panics and wonders why a full selection of miser vehicles isn't immediately available.

Then, they'll get used to it, and...You get the idea. Deja Vu
Preach on Brother!

Don't let the Liberal Media Tell you...

All kididng aside. You make a good point. I think the Camaro is just what the doctor ordered for this struggling economy. The car will cater to all the needs and wants of the consumer. But most of all, restore a sense of pride in our products.

The bad news is exactly what it is. "NEWS!!!" I study this for a living. You ask nine out of ten Americans today 2 questions and you will get the same answer.

What do you think the problem in the US is today? - the Economy

How do you know this? - The NEWS.

People fail to realize, the worst is over. The only reason it's like this anyway right now is because of uncertainty. The election is comming up and everyone is clamping down because they don't know if it will be an Democratic run economic strategy or a Republican. I'm sure we all went to highschool here to know the difference between the two. You want a good economy, send a hooker to the White House. Studies show that the market soared through the Bill Clinton Scandal.

You know why? No bad news.

Check this out: Gas price incline is slowing. The economy will adjust after the election.

Vote Republican. Good part about that, I believe McCain will restore Reganomics, problems is he's too old for a hooker.

Article makes good sense but does what I hate most about the Media. Takes are biggest and best American Companies and takes a crap on them.

My 2 cents.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #45
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
People can look at it and see it's a performance car. Guys who are into cars know what engines it has. To market it purely as a performer though, would not help. They did that with the 4th gen, and it didn't work. It has to appeal to lots of people.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #46
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
Preach on Brother!

Don't let the Liberal Media Tell you...

All kididng aside. You make a good point. I think the Camaro is just what the doctor ordered for this struggling economy. The car will cater to all the needs and wants of the consumer. But most of all, restore a sense of pride in our products.

The bad news is exactly what it is. "NEWS!!!" I study this for a living. You ask nine out of ten Americans today 2 questions and you will get the same answer.

What do you think the problem in the US is today? - the Economy

How do you know this? - The NEWS.

People fail to realize, the worst is over. The only reason it's like this anyway right now is because of uncertainty. The election is comming up and everyone is clamping down because they don't know if it will be an Democratic run economic strategy or a Republican. I'm sure we all went to highschool here to know the difference between the two. You want a good economy, send a hooker to the White House. Studies show that the market soared through the Bill Clinton Scandal.

You know why? No bad news.

Check this out: Gas price incline is slowing. The economy will adjust after the election.

Vote Republican. Good part about that, I believe McCain will restore Reganomics, problems is he's too old for a hooker.

Article makes good sense but does what I hate most about the Media. Takes are biggest and best American Companies and takes a crap on them.

My 2 cents.
What happened shortly after the scandal though? The technology bubble burst, and we were heading to a recession when bush came into office. We all know that Clinton rode the after effects of Reganomics and the good fortune that the technology sector gave us and we're still trying to recover from the down fall of that era of a good economy. I hope that we get someone that knows how to fix this whole thing in office so we (citizens) can lead a normal life on normal wages. Inflation is up which is driving down the strength of the dollar. If china wanted to they could bankrupt our country right now by saying they weren't going to honor all the bonds they bought from us. We are in very vulnerable times my friend, and i didn't hear all that from the news thank you.
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #47
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
[QUOTE=Fandango;59483]Vote Republican. Good part about that, I believe McCain will restore Reganomics, problems is he's too old for a hooker.[QUOTE]

Okay maybe he wont get hookers like eliot spitzer but he could probably pull some strings with lower priced hookers...never say never
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #48
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
I'm sure they are going to make a Flex Fuel Option even at the top trim level of this car. That will take care of all our woes as far as gas problems.

A few years back in NASCAR, they used the ethanol gas. It worked just fine. I think they stopped using it because of sponcers.

If it's good enough for a $200,000 stock car, it's good enough for my future baby.

I just know that they will make the car E85 capable.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #49
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
This V6 sounds great to me. Makes sense to spend their marketing budget on the mainstream. Die hards will already know all they need to about what they want.
If my work goes well I would seriously consider a v6 auto and a Z/28 SC, if they decide to make that model.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #50
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
I'm sure they are going to make a Flex Fuel Option even at the top trim level of this car. That will take care of all our woes as far as gas problems.

A few years back in NASCAR, they used the ethanol gas. It worked just fine. I think they stopped using it because of sponcers.

If it's good enough for a $200,000 stock car, it's good enough for my future baby.

I just know that they will make the car E85 capable.
Nascar used ethanol? They just got off lead additives last year. Regardless, I would like to see Nascar teams have to produce their own fuel. Stock cars and moonshine shall be reunited!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:15 AM   #51
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Nascar used ethanol? They just got off lead additives last year. Regardless, I would like to see Nascar teams have to produce their own fuel. Stock cars and moonshine shall be reunited!
they already are... have you ever heard Ward Burton speak?
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #52
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
BUMP!!!

Quote:
SANTA MONICA, California — Rising fuel prices be damned, GM is not giving up on its plan to launch the much-anticipated 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. What it may continue to fine-tune however, is the Camaro's powertrain options and its approach to marketing the new performance muscle car.

"Everyone thinks we'll be positioning the Camaro as a burn-ass hot rod," said Mark LaNeve, GM's vice president of sales and marketing. "But that's only about 30 percent of the business. The other two-thirds will come from 27-mpg V6 sales, with a significant female share."

LaNeve also said that GM is "not operating under the assumption that fuel prices will go down," and that Chevrolet is "looking at plans for a four-cylinder" for the Camaro, "but we don't have it done yet."

Consideration of small engines won't end with the new Camaro either. LaNeve said that due to consumer demand and CAFE concerns, "We are looking at everything to improve fuel mileage. Cars that use primarily 8s we are looking at getting 6s in them. Cars that use primarily 6s, we are looking at getting 4s in them."
What this means to you: High fuel prices affect more than just econoboxes. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=126593
Old 06-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #53
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well, that just plain SUCKS!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #54
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
quote:What this means to you: High fuel prices affect more than just econoboxes. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor

no $hit, he is a genius!

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #55
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Well, that just plain SUCKS!
Get over it.

At least they're not trying to make a FWD Camaro, that would truly be something worth being pissed about.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #56
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
let's try a FWD mustang first...
oh wait, they did...then they got wise kept the Mustang, and called the 'new' one the Probe.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote