Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2022, 07:50 AM   #43
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
Something you need to keep in mind, whenever you present your car to any GM dealer for service (even a oil change) Federal law requires us to complete any open safety recalls before returning the vehicle to the customer.
It must be enforced selectively. My 13 SS has been to the same dealership multiple times for oil changes and a couple of repairs and services. No one has ever even brought the key topic up with mine.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 07:58 AM   #44
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
It must be enforced selectively. My 13 SS has been to the same dealership multiple times for oil changes and a couple of repairs and services. No one has ever even brought the key topic up with mine.
All I can say is if you get into a accident related to the recall it will be Danial Chevrolet!

Dealer Recall Responsibility – All
All unsold new vehicles in dealers' possession and subject to this recall must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this recall bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles.

Dealers are to service all vehicles subject to this recall at no charge to customers, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, from this time forward.

Customers who have recently purchased vehicles sold from your vehicle inventory, and for which there is no customer information indicated on the dealer listing, are to be contacted by the dealer. Arrangements are to be made to make the required correction according to the instructions contained in this bulletin. A copy of the customer letter is provided in this bulletin for your use in contacting customers. Recall follow-up cards should not be used for this purpose, since the customer may not as yet have received the notification letter.

In summary, whenever a vehicle subject to this recall enters your vehicle inventory, or is in your dealership for service in the future, you must take the steps necessary to be sure the recall correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.

Last edited by NOT A 45; 08-30-2022 at 10:13 AM.
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:22 AM   #45
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
All I can say is if you get into a accident related to the recall it will be Danial Chevrolet!

Dealer Recall Responsibility – All
All unsold new vehicles in dealers' possession and subject to this recall must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this recall bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles.

Dealers are to service all vehicles subject to this recall at no charge to customers, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, from this time forward.

Customers who have recently purchased vehicles sold from your vehicle inventory, and for which there is no customer information indicated on the dealer listing, are to be contacted by the dealer. Arrangements are to be made to make the required correction according to the instructions contained in this bulletin. A copy of the customer letter is provided in this bulletin for your use in contacting customers. Recall follow-up cards should not be used for this purpose, since the customer may not as yet have received the notification letter.

In summary, whenever a vehicle subject to this recall enters your vehicle inventory, or is in your dealership for service in the future, you must take the steps necessary to be sure the recall correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.

I have one switchblade key that I un recalled, I have one still recalled. If I took my car to a dealer I would send it with my recall key.

but..........................why would I want to take my car to a dealer?
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 08:19 AM   #46
NOT A 45

Whenever we generate a repair order for a vehicle we receive a document like this....

Vehicle Information
VIN: 1G1YE2D73E5117324 Model: 1YY07-2014 CORVETTE COUPE
Service Contract: No Branded Title: No Warranty Block: No PDI Status: Yes
Order Type: 70 - RETAIL - STOCK
Field Actions: 0 Open
Required Field Actions Open Field Action Details are highlighted
Type Number Original Nbr Description Release Date Status
Product Safety Recall 2016007 16007 Frontal Airbag and Pretensioner Non Deploy 09/08/2016 Closed
Product Emission Recall N140689 14689 FUEL FILL PIPE ANTI-SIPHON GRID OUT OF POSITION 02/12/2015 Closed
Service Update Bulletins N140248 14248 SERVICE UPDATE - PARKING BRAKE BRACKET NUT - * EXPIRES WITH BASE WARRANTY * 10/01/2014 Closed
Product Safety Recall N140302 14302 REPLACE BOTH REAR SHOCKS 06/30/2014 Closed
Branded Title

If you just even had only 1 key done, it would show the recall being closed.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:26 AM   #47
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I bought my car from Grieco Chevrolet in Delray Beach Florida, and within a week of buying it. That same dealership was sending me letters in the mail claiming I needed to bring it in for recall service for both the adjustable seat bolt, and the key fobs. I had he seat bolt recall performed but the first time I brought it in for the keys, they didn't have them in stock. The second time I went in for the key recall, they never ordered the keys so once again, I dropped my car off for no reason. Then the last time I went to a different dealer and they steered me away from the recall altogether.

I will say though... While sitting in my car idling at a light, I have actually bumped the key with my knee and shut the car off. It suprised me, I was like "wtf just happened?" Then I quickly restarted the car with no issues and realized I bumped the key. I am 6'4 and although i do fit in the camaro, somethings are definitely difficult. I really wish that when you put the car in reverse that the mirrors would automatically tilt down similar to how BMW's do it. I can never see anything!

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:26 AM   #48
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMax View Post
I have one switchblade key that I un recalled, I have one still recalled. If I took my car to a dealer I would send it with my recall key.

but..........................why would I want to take my car to a dealer?
Exactly!
Old 08-31-2022, 11:41 AM   #49
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Exactly!
Keeping you guys in mind when your looking for advice.....keep going to the lawnmower repair shop! lol Then when every possible part has been replaced, bring it to me and complain about the cost of the real repair....hear this daily!
Old 08-31-2022, 11:59 AM   #50
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Keeping you guys in mind when your looking for advice.....keep going to the lawnmower repair shop! lol Then when every possible part has been replaced, bring it to me and complain about the cost of the real repair....hear this daily!
I actually saw the last few posts to this thread earlier and didn’t have time to respond. I do all my own wrenching and have for most of my life. I’m not scared in the least bit by new things/tech. I do my own mods, not spending thousands to have a shop build a car for me. My preference for sure and I have the tools and skills to do what I need to do which obviously not everyone has. That said, Not A 45 is a huge resource to this board and has proven that many times in posts I’ve read. I’m not in a hurry to take my car to the dealer but I would talk dirty to Not a A 45 for some guidance if the situation necessitated it not every one at the dealer service dept. is a worthless parts changing monkey as we have seen here.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 12:36 PM   #51
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Im going to hop on this train also...he has been right everytime. and I've asked questions in DMs, and he is always spot on. Not everyone is trying to rip you off, some people actually CARE when they do their job.
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 01:00 PM   #52
Ernie70

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro 1LT
I love my switchblade .. I try to keep it in good shape lol .. I keep getting the notices , but I don't want to change it.
Ernie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 02:19 PM   #53
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
This was also a thing with my 2004 Saturn Ion.

Last time I was in for something with that car I had to sign a paper acknowledging that there was a recall and I refused to have it done.

On a somewhat related topic, my fob finally kicked the bucket and fell apart and I did the fob upgrade.
Can you provide some more info on what you did here?

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 03:10 PM   #54
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Not taking the car to the dealer for a key replace was what I was answering to. Wasn’t a bash of all dealerships or mechanics that work there. As much as I appreciate ALL advice from the members here, you seem to be reading a little farther in then necessary. We’re talking about a key, not replacing every part on the car. Let’s keep this easy.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:17 PM   #55
NOT A 45

It's easy to bash the dealer.....I get it. we charge a lot of money for sure. But being in this field, and working at the dealer since High School (1984) there is no better resource than us when it comes to your Chevrolet.......we have seen everything over and over again! Probably should have waited a moment or 2 before I posted what I did but hey.....I'm human
Old 08-31-2022, 03:57 PM   #56
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

I've been out of the car repair business for a while but I was an ASE Master as well as a BMW Master Tech, and served on a BMW IMSA crew on the old CSLs when Hans Stuck and Hurley Haywood were driving. At one time I was rated in the top 10 BMW Techs in the country.

I don't use lawnmower repair shops either.
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote