Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-12-2018, 08:06 PM   #43
Maiden69

Drives: 2020 Orange Crush 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
Did anyone else who replaced headlights find a washer between lower outer tab and body mounting pony? Thick metal washer, like a spacer actually... but not on the passenger side? Just the drivers, weird.

Also were your tyc replacements way out of Adjustment?
A lot of people, including myself have added a washer there to help aim the step on the cut off right... a lot if times OEM lights and aftermarket don't have a way to do this, the OEM does, but unless you open the light up you wouldn't know where it is
Maiden69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:42 PM   #44
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden69 View Post
A lot of people, including myself have added a washer there to help aim the step on the cut off right... a lot if times OEM lights and aftermarket don't have a way to do this, the OEM does, but unless you open the light up you wouldn't know where it is
Is it that six mm hex plastic adjuster on the top left of the rear (driver side). Turned it and it doesn’t nothing.
Attached Images

Last edited by blackswan; 02-16-2018 at 11:54 PM.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:40 AM   #45
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Is it that six mm hex plastic adjuster on the top left of the rear (driver side). Turned it and it doesn’t nothing.
If it's an eom RS HID then look at the headlight from the top down, there is a small black plastic upside down Cone, that is how you adjust the HID's, stick a hex key in that and turn till your set.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #46
Maiden69

Quote:
That one will adjust minimally, there is another one, inside the light that you can use to adjust the rotation and angle of the light. That adjustment is going to be very minimal, but at long distance its going to be very pronounce. I suggest turning it with the lights on aiming at a distant wall and then checking how much its actually moving. you want the distance between the steps to be the same as in the car and aiming to true center down the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
If it's an eom RS HID then look at the headlight from the top down, there is a small black plastic upside down Cone, that is how you adjust the HID's, stick a hex key in that and turn till your set.
Completely different one.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:06 PM   #47
blackswan

Quote:
That one will adjust minimally, there is another one, inside the light that you can use to adjust the rotation and angle of the light. That adjustment is going to be very minimal, but at long distance its going to be very pronounce. I suggest turning it with the lights on aiming at a distant wall and then checking how much its actually moving. you want the distance between the steps to be the same as in the car and aiming to true center down the road
Thanks, must be this?
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #48
Maiden69

Yeap, I thint that the one, but cant tell from that pic. it will move the projector on its axis to allow vertical alignment
Old 02-20-2018, 04:25 PM   #49
blackswan

Quote:
Yeap, I thint that the one, but cant tell from that pic. it will move the projector on its axis to allow vertical alignment

I would think horizontal no?
Old 02-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #50
blackswan

Quote:
This one was interesting (the plastic 6mm hex "nut"). If you turn in just a little you can pull it freely straight back and the whole projector assembly moves horizontally. The "nut" for lack of a better term has an o-ring on it to seal out moisture, so presumably this is meant to be accessed and isn't broken. I was excited about this at first, thinking it was actually an easy horizontal adjustment, but turning it doesn't change anything. Unsure what in the world the purpose of this thing is! Oh, to be able to talk to the designer

I'll try to show a video..
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2018, 04:59 PM   #51
blackswan

Ok, I have a theory that this mechanism provides for easier access to the adjusting screw by pulling the whole assembly closer to the hole where you install the bulb. I found it was even easier to yank the plug for the electricals and put a Philips through there (the TYC's have Philips instead of Torx). Was able to only adjust it a very small amount before hitting the max. Too bad because the driver side is still way off. Next step is to remove that washer I mentioned was between the lower outer tab and body and see if that gets me in range. If not, back these lights go (sadly).
Old 03-04-2018, 08:31 AM   #52
blackswan

Confirmed that silver torx screw adjusted horizontally, but not enough for these headlights. Odd, the TYC seems like exact replicas, possibly even OEM for Chevy yet when installed I can't get enough left adjustment to get the beam aligned. Sending them back, unsure what I'm going to do now for lights...
Old 03-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #53
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Confirmed that silver torx screw adjusted horizontally, but not enough for these headlights. Odd, the TYC seems like exact replicas, possibly even OEM for Chevy yet when installed I can't get enough left adjustment to get the beam aligned. Sending them back, unsure what I'm going to do now for lights...
Maybe ask TYC how to adjust them?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:01 PM   #54
blackswan

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Maybe ask TYC how to adjust them?
Not a bad idea, got no where with their customer line. Don't think they deal with general public.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:11 PM   #55
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
you can adjust the oem lights left to right? that's news to me, can you do this with the halogen housings when doing a retrofit?
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #56
SS_CTS-V

Drives: 2015 SS, 2006 CTS-V (wrecked...)
Has anyone considered taking the bowl to a metal casting business to see if it can be used as a mold for cast aluminum? I'd think a polished metal copy would last longer.
SS_CTS-V is offline   Reply With Quote