Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-21-2018, 06:04 PM   #43
JMJ4492

Drives: Nothing yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOFORTYZ View Post
I see nothing wrong with that. Find one with a supercharger? They are the same price as stock cars. I found one with the edelbrock supercharger kit while shopping recently with around 20,000 miles for $24,000 and it had swaybars and coilovers as well... It did not feel much faster than stock and was still a dog compared to my motorcycles. I think it must have been damaged, or else I would have bought it.
I would love to do that, but I'd be afraid the car was abused or wasn't built right lol. I think I'll be happy with LTs with high flow cats, cai Dyno tune, cat-back and 3.91 gears and a cam eventually when I can save some dough.
JMJ4492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:55 PM   #44
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ4492 View Post
I would love to do that, but I'd be afraid the car was abused or wasn't built right lol. I think I'll be happy with LTs with high flow cats, cai Dyno tune, cat-back and 3.91 gears and a cam eventually when I can save some dough.
All Camaros are abused. I'm great about maintenance and love my vehicles but I beat the crap out of them on a regular basis. Every single Camaro I checked out had signs of abuse and or tampering to some extent, one of the worst examples was a rattle trap ex-drug dealer car "100% stock" 2015 with only 7,000 miles. My experience would tell me that if the owner had the money to build the car then trade it in with low mileage, losing thousands, they either had $$$$ to burn or the car got reposessed. Tires will never lie unless they've been swapped.

My advice for "going fast" as a long time gearhead. I don't see those modifications making an appreciable difference. The most cost effective way to go fast would be to leave the car stock and buy a used 2nd generation Hayabusa. I got mine for $6000 and it'll run a 9.89 stock. I have given up on the quest for more power because two vehicles are cheaper than one.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #45
JMJ4492

Drives: Nothing yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOFORTYZ View Post
All Camaros are abused. I'm great about maintenance and love my vehicles but I beat the crap out of them on a regular basis. Every single Camaro I checked out had signs of abuse and or tampering to some extent, one of the worst examples was a rattle trap ex-drug dealer car "100% stock" 2015 with only 7,000 miles. My experience would tell me that if the owner had the money to build the car then trade it in with low mileage, losing thousands, they either had $$$$ to burn or the car got reposessed. Tires will never lie unless they've been swapped.

My advice for "going fast" as a long time gearhead. I don't see those modifications making an appreciable difference. The most cost effective way to go fast would be to leave the car stock and buy a used 2nd generation Hayabusa. I got mine for $6000 and it'll run a 9.89 stock. I have given up on the quest for more power because two vehicles are cheaper than one.
I'm too much of wuss to get a bike lol, especially a Hayabusa. I think I will be happy with those mods for the time being, then my next goal is to get c7 zo6 later in life.
JMJ4492 is offline   Reply With Quote