Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #43
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I know my 20" RS wheels are made in China and so are many of the internals in the LLT. Does that rice it up? LOL. JK I for one am not a rice-aphobe. I love fast cars of all stripes. I love the shreiking v-tech frenzy of a Honda 4 banger, the silky sound of an inline 6 made by BMW, Toyota, or Nissan, the thunder of a cammed up long tube pushrod smallblock and the demonic sound from a Viper or M5. Celebrate, don't hate.
Yah the SC option is still a unicorn.
Yeah, I love 'em all, too. You can turn any car into a ricer by doing the wrong thing (e.g., fartcan on a Civic), but if you do the right things nobody should complain, it's your car.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #44
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I was told to expect something from them sometime around April. Tuning on the DI V6 has been an issue from the start.. you have to understand its not that other people besides Vince CANT tune it.. most are unwilling because of the amount of effort it takes and they see more money in the V8 sector. A lot of companies dont see the V6 as a cash crop like the proven time and again LS3's. Give it some time. If anyone can tune this sucker, besides Vince, these guys can. They've already dealt significantly with DI motors.

Yeah, remember that most tuners make their money by offering an "off the shelf" tune that adds HP to the stock setup. GM did such a good job with this V6, there's not much to gain. Most people won't buy such a tune just to get better shifting and a few HP out of their stock car. Mods for the V6 were slow to come, so the real need for tuning was just not their.

Even if others do decide to start tuning, I'm going to stick with Vince. He's really put a lot of effort into this with only a few people actually buying his tunes. I think he does it for the challenge as much as for the money. I like that and will gladly reward him with my loyalty.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #45
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I've been doing a lot of research into various companies, and inquiring about turbo and supercharger production. It's taken a while, and some had considered it, and other were too busy filling the V8 orders. Well, over the last several years, I had been heavily involved in turbocharged imports, main Eclipses. And I always dealt with one particular manufacturer that has always impressed, and has not once let me down. Well I decided to email them, kind of a long shot and it appears that they definitely want to expand their market to the V6 Camaros!

So far, they have already produced quality systems for Cobalts, the 4.6 Mustang, all kinds of imports, Audi's, Volkwagens, and motorcycles. And it pleases me to know that, another contender has stepped up to the plate to take on this challenge!

Anyway, Their shop relocated to the Gainesville / Ocala region, and they are looking for someone that will loan them a car for a day, to take a look at. From there, they'll ask if you would want to let them borrow the car, so that they can do some mock ups.

I have been talking with the owner, and his ideal setup would include a twin turbo system, but would most likely offer a single turbo system as well. If any of you guys would like to get in on this, PM me and i'll direct you to the right people.

Unlike the other companies that flaked, I have confidence in these guys. If they hadn't relocated, I would have been all over this. We can probably get a real nice group buy going as well. Let me know!
I would in the future but we have Kali smog to worry about. Wonder if they will ever be legal here
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #46
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Go to love the Demokratik Peoples Republik of Kalifornia! tree hugging hippy eco terrorists.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:35 AM   #47
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Well Sd, I for one hope someone starts dealing with the V6. Because I for see in the imediate future the v8 becoming DI as well. Kinda stupid not to embrace the technology.
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #48
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Quote:
Go to love the Demokratik Peoples Republik of Kalifornia! tree hugging hippy eco terrorists.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #49
ajax.

Drives: 12SS,12SRT8,14COPO,77Vette
I have been in the market for a performance upgrade for quite awhile now and I guess the main concern of everyone is that a majority of the companies come on and tell us what they are working on and we never hear from them again. At least that's what I have seen. For me I'm cool with running at 5psi getting 350 at the wheels. And excess of 415+ hp.