Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #43
jcouves

Drives: Bumblebee!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Should have got a v6..
Lol.
BTW, GM doesn't sell the V6 in Brazil. Actually, they only offer the automatic SS V8. The only accessories they sell are the stripes and the engine cap.

Not a problem for me, that's exactly the model I wanted.

But, for some weird reason, the brazilian camaro has the bluetooth phone functions turned off.
jcouves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #44
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Well you have a RWD muscle car there. RWD cars have the tendency to swing the ass left or right once traction is lost. This just the nature of a RWD car.
Now if you were to do this while cornering you would actually be 'drifting' which some would agree is a faster way to get around a corner. I would get a driving school to teach the drift technique and basically how to drive the RWD with the high performance engine.
I'm not saying you should become a race car driver, although very cool. But knowledge is always a good thing. The more you learn about these situations the better prepared you will be when these situations occur. I'm sure your Camaro performed admirably, you were not prepared, which is not a bad thing. Good luck and happy motoring.
Troy Lawson
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #45
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
RWD cars are never good on wet roads.. even if you have a 200hp and its rwd than belive your tail will come out eventually.

If your tail come out on dry rd at 10mph than we have a big problem.. maybe too good of a problem lol
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #46
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
RWD cars are never good on wet roads.. even if you have a 200hp and its rwd than belive your tail will come out eventually.

If your tail come out on dry rd at 10mph than we have a big problem.. maybe too good of a problem lol
RWD is fine on wet roads. The ONLY time to worry with RWD is when you have your summer tires on and hit a few inches of snow in a winter pass or storm.

The key is to not be stupid with your right foot. Even fwd can understeer corners if you hit them too fast.

Respect the road and the conditions, if you loose respect for the road you will end up breaking something or hurting someone.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #47
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
drive in reverse all the time.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #48
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #49
O44DOG

Drives: 2010 SS
The road doesn't have to be wet for that to happen. When it's cold the tires will easily break traction when accelerating aggressively at slow speeds.
O44DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #50
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
Even with the TC/SC on, one can still easily lose control if they are not used to the handling dynamics of the car. In combination with (which I believe is the OP's case) the likelihood of standing water on the road, and when he spun into it the car hydroplaned. When this happens no amount of Traction Control is going to do a damn thing because there is no traction.

So it's a case of: Unexperienced driver + high HP + RWD, + hydroplaning = embarrassment
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #51
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Good example of why humans need to be careful with 400+ HP cars! "Kids don't try this at home" I always saw that as a challenge.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #52
BETOGTI

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2011
Hi there,

also from Brazil here, Rio de Janeiro .

Good thing you did not wreck your car once they cost around US$ 120.000 here in Brazil.

Same thing happened to me on my 370Z, but I was stupid enough to turn off traction control. Almost hit a tree, even tough it was dry that day.

Mine is arriving in a couple of weeks. Imported one myself from the States.

2011 SS/RS black with White Stripes. Have been reading every single post in this forum for the last 3 weeks. GREAT FORUM !!
Realized I can only get a good night of sleep again when my SS arrives and it is sitting quiet in my garage. Already bought all kinds of stuff to the car, black bowties, lowering springs, etc... Sorry about the off-topic

Thanks for having me in this Forum.

Abraços.
BETOGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #53
BETOGTI

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2011
Thanks!

Just a correction I ordered a 2LT/RS and not a 2SS/RS.
BETOGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #54
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Should have got a v6..

oh yeah, i went there! lol
Yes! Finally
Old 04-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #55
Markel

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
This is one of the reasons why I'm never out at 2:00AM.
Markel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #56
jcouves

Drives: Bumblebee!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BETOGTI View Post
Hi there,

also from Brazil here, Rio de Janeiro .

Good thing you did not wreck your car once they cost around US$ 120.000 here in Brazil.

Same thing happened to me on my 370Z, but I was stupid enough to turn off traction control. Almost hit a tree, even tough it was dry that day.

Mine is arriving in a couple of weeks. Imported one myself from the States.

2011 SS/RS black with White Stripes. Have been reading every single post in this forum for the last 3 weeks. GREAT FORUM !!
Realized I can only get a good night of sleep again when my SS arrives and it is sitting quiet in my garage. Already bought all kinds of stuff to the car, black bowties, lowering springs, etc... Sorry about the off-topic

Thanks for having me in this Forum.

Abraços.
I'll be taking classes from this school soon, I'd recommend you to do the same, find some good sportive driving school before you kill yourself with the Camaro, it isn't an easy to drive experience, but sure it's the funniest one!
jcouves is offline   Reply With Quote