Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #43
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
To echo above, the "Bose" thing is an error, its definitely BA.

Also regarding BOSE home theater, as someone who installs HT stuff on the side I will say this. BOSE has a place out there and I have found myself installing it and even recommending it on occasion. Why? Because its isn't that bad, and sounds good enough for most people to think its great. The reason I allow this to happen is because its stupid proof. Its a system I can install for someone, set up, and never have to deal with again. It will always sound good/the same, it is very simple to operate, etc. To many people (including someone who has to deal with 400 phonecalls by someone too clueless to understand when you tell them what buttons to press on their receiver) that is worth the price of admission. I feel bad charging people (bc most of the work I do is for friends or friends of friends, family etc) when I have to go to their house and press 2 buttons to fix something so I'm there for all of 30 seconds. That never happens with a BOSE system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I disagree about monster. They're damn good cables. I have one for my les Paul guitar and you can hear the difference between that and some cheaper cable. I have a monster hdmi and I don't have probs with it either.
I'll give you that for analog cables, especially for music equipment, good cables are very important. But Monster will charge you 3 times as much for a cable you can get the equivalent of from many online vendors.

Worse though is their HDMI cables. Yes it works great, except for the fact that you probably spent about $80 on a cable you can get at a place like firefold.com or monoprice.com for under $10. HDMI carries a digital signal, and it either works or it doesn't. There is no "better picture and sound" to be had with better cables. Thats the scam of Monster.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #44
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
The BOSE that was in my 04' CTS was not too impressive. Better than the BA Premium i have now but, marginally. Now if i could only find a way to slap my Klipsch home theatre system in the Camaro all would be good.

I second that. Nothing like my Klipsch Quintet system
orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #45
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post
I second that. Bose is the ultimate in over-priced garbage aimed at rich people who think high price = high quality.

DING DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNNER!!!!!
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #46
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I disagree about monster. They're damn good cables. I have one for my les Paul guitar and you can hear the difference between that and some cheaper cable. I have a monster hdmi and I don't have probs with it either.

The former may be true, but the latter is poo poo. Your 1's and 0's are not any better than the 1's and 0's with a cheaper wire period. Either you get the picture and sound or you don't.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #47
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post
I second that. Bose is the ultimate in over-priced garbage aimed at rich people who think high price = high quality.
You mean it DOESN'T????
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #48
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Doesn't Steve at ******** or something like that here on the forums have a new amp/sub configuration that makes the BA's rock? I thought I read his amp has good crossovers in it that keeps from blowing up the BA's and turns off the center channel.
Yes, I have his system. It adds a 5 channel amp and a 12 inch sub. It sounds good to my old ears.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #49
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by molloni View Post
I have my sources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjam-5 View Post
I have to agree with both of you .. This is my Marantz & Klipsch system, Now if I could find away to fit in my New Camaro I would be in paridise..

Holy F!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #50
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
So was it confirmed that the "Bose replacement speakers" that the OP was talking about were actually BA speakers? My guess is that the service writer made a mistake since Camaros used to come with Bose-branded equipment.

Regarding Bose overall, audiophiles will say what they will about the quality and value of Bose products. Especially in automobiles, it's really tough to judge the quality of a brand. It's likely that GM paid more for the rights to use the Bose name than they actually spent designing the systems for various vehicles.

I'm neither a fan nor an opponent of Bose. I think they operate in a market for "established" buyers looking for a well-done system with a common look/feel, great customer service. The kind of people that worry about the look of audio equipment relative to their interior spaces (the benefit of small, minimally-branded and minimally-intrusive pieces). The kind of people that want full audio ranges, but plasticky systems from Sony and Yamaha, i.e. "home theater in a box" just won't do. Even if the sound quality from Bose isn't the best, it's not terrible, and the quality and feel of their components is quite nice. It's literally the Apple of the audio world. There are those buyers that want a neat little package regardless of its cost. It levels their playing field, and keeps them from having to become an audiophile just to pick out equipment (who has time for that?) or having seriously invasive equipment in their pristine living rooms.

Audio quality is one of those subjective things. There is absolute crap out there, and most people can tell you that it sounds bad. But when you get into decent-upper end equipment, it's all capable of producing high power sounds with high capability throughout the audible spectrum and at that point, it becomes about taste.

For instance, I personally love Martin Logan's electrostatic speakers. The ones I like run about $2,500 each. They're fantastically bright sounding, crisp to the point of almost being too sharp. And then....I've had people tell me they absolutely suck. Conversely, I've had someone crow to me about MK (Miller-Kreisel, no longer sold in the US) and how awesome they are. Based on their price point and heritage, they should be quite good pieces, but the sound is dead to me. Just like McIntosh amps over high priced digital receivers--At that price, I just can't tell the difference. But then I'm not an audiophile...I just like what I like.

If you had asked me when I was 16 about what the best sounding car stereo was, I'd have told you it was the factory Delco system in my mom's 1990 Chevy Lumina. It had 6x9's opening into the trunk, so it literally sounded like there was a 10" sub back there, and I loved it because all I cared about was bass. A theoretically nicer system in my buddy's Maxima couldn't touch it in terms of low frequencies. In retrospect, both systems were crap, but that's just an example to show how there is such disparity and preference in both perceived "high quality" sound and equipment.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 03:42 PM   #51
Nenous1

Drives: 2011 Camaro rs
I was thinking Bose, but after reading some opinions i'm going to shop around further.
Nenous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 05:33 PM   #52
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Holy thread resurrection! There's nothing wrong with Bose speakers for a car. If you think your an audiophile and want to compare speakers, do it in a soundproof room, not rolling down the highway, in your Camaro, with your No Weeds in open header mode, and then get on the internet and bitch about sound quality in your car.
Old 09-12-2023, 06:20 PM   #53
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Holy thread resurrection! There's nothing wrong with Bose speakers for a car. If you think your an audiophile and want to compare speakers, do it in a soundproof room, not rolling down the highway, in your Camaro, with your No Weeds in open header mode, and then get on the internet and bitch about sound quality in your car.
well damn....there goes my rant...
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 07:51 PM   #54
Dirgam

Drives: 2012 VR GFX SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
"Holy thread resurrection" Cracked me up
Dirgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 08:40 PM   #55
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
I've had pretty good luck with Bose products. They make a LOT of stuff, so I'm sure they have some hits and some misses. I also agree that there are other manufacturers that make better components for certain applications. What really matters is how it sounds to YOU.

Although the factory Boston Acoustics setup in my 2014 coupe was just okay, the (almost same?) system with the factory sub in my 2014 vert sounds much much better to me.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:54 PM   #56
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
This little Bluetooth speaker kicks azz. For what that's worth. Yeah, hit & miss I guess.

Name:  IMG_7261.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  183.5 KB