Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #43
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
What is this Star Trek that you speak of............

Nah just kiddin'

Already added to my Blu Ray queqe. Although going to the movies and seeing it when it first comes out used to be my thing, I have now converted to the home theater viewing. Extras, better sound (crappy theaters ruin it), Able to control movie (rewind missed parts and pause for other ), no people disrupting the movie, can buy it cheaper than going to the movies (ticket, drink, popcorn = $30 walmart = $24)
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #44
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I haven't seen it yet, just wanted to say that the guy that plays 'Bones' looks alot like the original guy too. Probably gonna check this one out during the week. Looks GOOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #45
dayvedayve

[QUOTE=djsnoflake;471925] I just wanted to say that the guy that plays 'Bones' looks alot like the original guy too. [QUOTE]

Karl Urban.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #46
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninbrown View Post
I went to see it on opening night at 700pm and was expecting greatness instead got mediocre dribble. First off TNG tech would have provided ample time for evacuation of Romulus. Second the story was unbelievable and contrived (even for Star Trek) they could have just remade the friggin thing without destroying the entire star trek universe. Horrible job as a star trek movie awesome job at an action flick.
Blah blah blah.

Have you read the lead-up comic? It does makes sense. I won't ruin it for anyone but this ISN'T the Star Trek we've been living with the past 40 years. Go see it (amazing film) and you'll see why. Cleverly done.

Even I am not sure I agree with it - but I won't be that old fart in the corner that poo-poos an idea. I just wish they had done a TNG flick.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #47
maninbrown

Drives: Monte Carlo SS 02
No i have not read the comic nor do I dress up like Spock thank you very much!
maninbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #48
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
im going forst thing tomorrow morning , im still trying to talk my girlfriend into letting me paint her green

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #49
dayvedayve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
im going forst thing tomorrow morning , im still trying to talk my girlfriend into letting me paint her green
Let her know that if she won't there will be others there already painted green.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #50
adk46r
PROUD MARINE DAD! OORAH!!

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS,1967 Murina Blue RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
I'm totally stoked as well!!! I was 5 when the first episode aired......been addicted ever since!!!.......Oh and if you talk her into it....!!-LOL-

Delivered 6/12/09 VIN#2G1FT1EW3A9112635!!!
adk46r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #51
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninbrown View Post
No i have not read the comic nor do I dress up like Spock thank you very much!
Heh - well, okay - neither have I. My other half would leave me... lol.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #52
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Saw it last night...

ABSOLUTELY EPIC

I have been a Trek fan all my life, this movie was everything it needed to be and more, The entire theater erupted in applause.

If you have never seen Star Trek, you will love it, If you have you will appreciate just how perfect this film really is to breathe a completely new life into a completely stale franchise.

Possibly the best Trek ever.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
AMAZING ass kicking action packed excitment!! I LOVE THIS MOVIE! Totally movie of the year! I want to go back and see it again!!!! I loved it!

JJ Abrams can make as many Trek movies as he wants!!
I couldn't wait till tomorrow, just got back from watching it Very good, quite possibly the best star trek movie I have ever seen. No part of the movie shined out, the entire movie from beginning to end was excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
What is this Star Trek that you speak of............

Nah just kiddin'

Already added to my Blu Ray queqe. Although going to the movies and seeing it when it first comes out used to be my thing, I have now converted to the home theater viewing. Extras, better sound (crappy theaters ruin it), Able to control movie (rewind missed parts and pause for other ), no people disrupting the movie, can buy it cheaper than going to the movies (ticket, drink, popcorn = $30 walmart = $24)
Well I got that too, but I just couldn't wait to see this one. Or transformers.

Last edited by Camaro_Corvette; 05-09-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #53
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Wow. Just wow. Fantastic movie and I can say nothing more then that it will be incredibly hard to beat this movie this year and I look forward to the sequel!
Old 05-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #54
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
I saw it twice so far... once in the IMAX, and once in the regular theater. I must say, it is a truly fantastic movie.

When I saw it, I thought it was a reimagining of the series... similar to Batman Begins, compared to the Dark Knight. There will undoubtedly be a sequel, and I cannot wait. Oh, and the casting was amazing! I especially love Scotty! "I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain!"
Old 05-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #55
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Just got back from seeing it/Dinner

Holy F**king s**t. IMO it's essentially everything you could think of for the story line. Predictable, yes..but in a good way. Nero, while a flat villan, fills that spot well because honestly, his character isn't some genius..

He's a Miner that stood by helplessly as Romulus was eaten by a black hole. Blinded by rage as his race is killed..what else could one man do in that state of mind but do what he did. He isn't bright, but he was a threat in and of himself for sure.

Also Red Matter.. Dark Matter just didn't cut it, didn't it Abrams?

All the characterizations are spot on, as was the action and humor. I love the whole "Mr Sulu..why aren't we moving. Did you leave the parking brake on?" quip from Pike. Not to mention the Scotty intro and "Beans." "What are you on about, YOU ONLY NEED A BEAN AND YOU'RE SET FOR A MONTH! I NEED 3 MEALS A DAY! BEANS JUST DON'T CUT IT!" Then there are the random inoculations.. not going to spoil it because man is it funny.

Also, REDSHIRT SURE IS REDSHIRT IN THIS MOVIE!!! And I mean that in a literal TOS sense. Houston..we have bona fide redshirts.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #56
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Just got back from seeing it/Dinner

Holy F**king s**t. IMO it's essentially everything you could think of for the story line. Predictable, yes..but in a good way. Nero, while a flat villan, fills that spot well because honestly, his character isn't some genius..

He's a Miner that stood by helplessly as Romulus was eaten by a black hole. Blinded by rage as his race is killed..what else could one man do in that state of mind but do what he did. He isn't bright, but he was a threat in and of himself for sure.

Also Red Matter.. Dark Matter just didn't cut it, didn't it Abrams?

All the characterizations are spot on, as was the action and humor. I love the whole "Mr Sulu..why aren't we moving. Did you leave the parking brake on?" quip from Pike. Not to mention the Scotty intro and "Beans." "What are you on about, YOU ONLY NEED A BEAN AND YOU'RE SET FOR A MONTH! I NEED 3 MEALS A DAY! BEANS JUST DON'T CUT IT!" Then there are the random inoculations.. not going to spoil it because man is it funny.

Also, REDSHIRT SURE IS REDSHIRT IN THIS MOVIE!!! And I mean that in a literal TOS sense. Houston..we have bona fide redshirts.
I so totally agree! Very well said!!! It was a great movie!