Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #43
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
yep. They started popping up after the town banned dancing

Old 05-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #44
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I live in Ohio and I've been pulled over 5 times in 3 years for no front plate, got so bad I put the front plate on. Ohio tint law is either 40% or 50% but I want to get a minimum of 30% but don't want to deal with getting pulled over like I did about the front plate.

Russ
Serioulsy? You don't learn real quick, do you? Maybe you need to move out of Ohio... or start following the rules.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #45
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
I have 20% on mine,all around. Haven't been pulled over in this car,yet. I have no front plate,either. NY is 70% transparency. The town cops dont seem to care,it's the prick Troopers who get off on this sort of stuff.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #46
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
This may be the law, yet is it legal to just pull me over under "suspicion" of illegal tint?

It is not legal, and you set yourself up for the possibility of obviously having this thrown out in court.

Now 100% obviously, the officer could have observed you doing something and/or make something (not that you would) but pulling me over under suspicion is backasswards to me.
Of course it is legal, just like it is legal for them to pull you over for suspucion of DUI. They suspect you are breaking a law and they have a reason for it, which they can justify in their police report or in court should you try to fight it and they show up to testify.
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #47
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Of course it is legal, just like it is legal for them to pull you over for suspucion of DUI. They suspect you are breaking a law and they have a reason for it, which they can justify in their police report or in court should you try to fight it and they show up to testify.
Suspicion of DUI typically is because someone broke a law, I.E. Reckless driving from swerving, Crossing Double Yellows, Failing to yield for LEO on side of roads. By the time you have been pulled over, you have done something illegal.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #48
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
LOL. No, dude. You can be swaying all over the place and stay in your own lane and still get pulled over for suspicion of DUI. You could be next to a cop at a red light, staring straight ahead, head over the wheel and have a dazed look on your face and they still can pull you over for suspicion of DUI. They can see you drinking from a container inside a paper bag and without seeing its a beer bottle or beer can, they can pull you over for suspicion of consuming alcohol while driving/DUI.

If someone sees a cop and just starts running, the cop has the choice to chase after them and see why they are running. Is it illegal to run? No
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #49
Hollywood2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
This may be the law, yet is it legal to just pull me over under "suspicion" of illegal tint?

It is not legal, and you set yourself up for the possibility of obviously having this thrown out in court.

Now 100% obviously, the officer could have observed you doing something and/or make something (not that you would) but pulling me over under suspicion is backasswards to me.

yes infact in ohio you can get pulled over for window tint as it is a primary offense. If it checks ok then the reason for the stop is over and you are on your way. However keep in mind that Ohio's window tint law also has a second section. It says...

(A) The director of public safety, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, shall adopt rules governing the use of tinted glass, and the use of transparent, nontransparent, translucent, and reflectorized materials in or on motor vehicle windshields, side windows, sidewings, and rear windows that prevent a person of normal vision looking into the motor vehicle from seeing or identifying persons or objects inside the motor vehicle.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #50
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
CA but I don't have dark tint so no hassles. I don't have the front plate either and so far no issues with that
Old 05-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #51
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2010 View Post
yes infact in ohio you can get pulled over for window tint as it is a primary offense. If it checks ok then the reason for the stop is over and you are on your way. However keep in mind that Ohio's window tint law also has a second section. It says...

(A) The director of public safety, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, shall adopt rules governing the use of tinted glass, and the use of transparent, nontransparent, translucent, and reflectorized materials in or on motor vehicle windshields, side windows, sidewings, and rear windows that prevent a person of normal vision looking into the motor vehicle from seeing or identifying persons or objects inside the motor vehicle.

Thanks for finding that, i looked for about 10 minutes through the law just see if a bylaw was in there. I must have over looked this. Good catch, thanks.

Now it does differ from state to state obviously.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #52
Hollywood2010

no problem...i am willing to help with any ohio law topics
Old 05-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #53
driyac

Quote:

no problem...i am willing to help with any ohio law topics

I have not had a run in with LEO in a while and I hope not to. I do not speed excessively, about 7-9 mph on the highway and thats it.

Unfortunately I do know quite a few thinks about ohio speeding laws from my younger days, that have helped me tremendously.

That and for getting paid time and 1/2 to go to court, why the hell don't you guys show up?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #54
djxrated81

Drives: 2011 camaro SS/RS
In Dirty Jersey they are very strict with the tint, but knock on wood of course, i have been safe. I have 25% on the two fronts, then 5% from the little windows and back, plus i dont have a front license plate either, and i past plenty of cops and troopers that never even look at me because i look at them as im passing
2011 2SS/RS Airaid cai, ARH HF cats X pipe, SLP LM1, 160stat,RX Catch can, Tuned @ Tune Time Performance, side marker black outs, decepticon bowtie emblems, stealth turn sig. bulbs,Hyper White DTRL Painted GFX, Havoc Spoiler
[IMG][SIGPIC]
djxrated81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #55
Hollywood2010

Quote:

That and for getting paid time and 1/2 to go to court, why the hell don't you guys show up?
haha.....i am there everytime...
Old 05-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #56
driyac

Quote:
haha.....i am there everytime...
That is what I would be doing! I mean come on!