Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #43
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
Of course! There is not one reason that I can think of.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #44
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pima View Post
That's crazy to pass on a car like the 1le because of hill assist

Galaxy s3
I have a 12' which didn't come with hill assist. I've been driving a stick for over 30 years. I don't need hill assist. There are threads about the hill assist. Some are ok with it, others are not and despise it. Even to the point that they are even thinking of trading/selling theirs. So far there doesn't seem to be away to disable it. I would hate to have a car that has an annoying HA and i can't get rid of it or be able to turn it on/off at my own discretion.

I haven't had a chance to test drive one. Now if i did and the HA came on even on the slightest incline like others have mentioned and it caused me to stall and/or burn my clutch more then no i wouldn't get it. I don't care if it's a 1LE or a ZL1 etc. My choice. If those same issues come on for you and you can live with it or it doesn't bother you then by all means go for it.

Besides the HA i wouldn't ever go to a track or race track so i really wouldn't need the xtra capabilities of the 1LE but i wouldn't mind having them. :smile:

Last edited by 06_warrior; 03-05-2013 at 01:28 PM.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #45
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
I have a really bad concern that I hope you can help with.

I used to have a 2010 2SS/RS and thought it was the Perfect card when it came to handling vs comfort. I want to feel the road but I don't want my teeth to rattle out of my head.

Is the 1LE comfortable, road-rumble wise? Will every road bump and crack be transmitted through my spine, or will I enjoy a nice comfy quiet ride I was used to in the 2SS/RS?
I own a 1LE, and will tell you the ride is still very comfortable. Several owners use these as daily drivers, and seem to have no complaints. So glad I went with this car. As others have stated, no regrets.:wink:
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #46
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
They suck, I wouldn't if I were you.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #47
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
They suck, I wouldn't if I were you.
:biggrin1:
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #48
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Waiting for delivery.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #49
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_warrior View Post
I would get one but not sure of the hill assist. I'd have to test drive one. If the hill assist bothered me enough i would pass.
^I agree
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #50
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
I would not buy if it has hill assist that you cannot disable.
Otherwise I would buy it
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #51
Pima

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs/1le vr.
It's funny to hear all the veteran stick drivers complain about hill assist. I can understand if your a rookie but come on veterans if you can't handle hill assist you shouldn't be driving a stick period

Galaxy s3
Pima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #52
06_warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pima View Post
It's funny to hear all the veteran stick drivers complain about hill assist. I can understand if your a rookie but come on veterans if you can't handle hill assist you shouldn't be driving a stick period

Galaxy s3
I can drive a stick just fine. Been doing it for over 30 years. Why do i need Hill Assist added to a car that i have no intention on ever using?. I've never once rolled backwards into someone. I can use the parking brake to hold myself while i work the pedals if need be. That's my Hill Assist, if the hill is severe enough. Been doing it for decades. Maybe you can't?

If someone needs Hill Assist to drive a stick maybe they shouldn't be driving a stick. Your glad it's there? Great, glad it's working out for you

The worst part of the whole deal is you can't disable it like other car manufactures have done. Why have it there without the ability to disable it?

Why get on people who don't need it and say they shouldn't drive a stick simply because people don't want or need it? Like i said not everyone likes it. Just read some other threads about it, But then again that might be too much work for you.

Last edited by 06_warrior; 03-06-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #53
Cruisn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Cruisn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #54
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley@HPE View Post
Of course I am. They're hot!
They are hot, yet have a cooling effect. They are on my mod list..

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #55
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_warrior View Post
I can drive a stick just fine. Been doing it for over 30 years. Why do i need Hill Assist added to a car that i have no intention on ever using?. I've never once rolled backwards into someone. I can use the parking brake to hold myself while i work the pedals if need be. That's my Hill Assist, if the hill is severe enough. Been doing it for decades. Maybe you can't?

If someone needs Hill Assist to drive a stick maybe they shouldn't be driving a stick. Your glad it's there? Great, glad it's working out for you

The worst part of the whole deal is you can't disable it like other car manufactures have done. Why have it there without the ability to disable it?

Why get on people who don't need it and say they shouldn't drive a stick simply because people don't want or need it? Like i said not everyone likes it. Just read some other threads about it, But then again that might be too much work for you.
Looks to me like they put the hill assist on these cars just to PISS you off...

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #56
06_warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGs SS View Post
Looks to me like they put the hill assist on these cars just to PISS you off...
lol maybe

Tags
( . y . )