Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #43
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
True, but then you would also have a car that you customized to your liking, as opposed to just a stock ZL1.

I don't care about CARB certification. I never plan on living in CA.

Warranties are overrated

I was just making the point that, if someone just paid off a 40K car, what's the big rush to go out and blow 60K unless you've got money burning a hole in your pocket. Put 10K into the SS and you've got the same power as a ZL1. Yeah, it's not a ZL1, but you'd also have an extra 50K to play with.

I guess I just have a new found love for superchargers

10k, yeah that`s exactly what I spent to go 10.80...wee bit more power than the ZL1....See sig..
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #44
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
10k, yeah that`s exactly what I spent to go 10.80...wee bit more power than the ZL1....See sig..
Hell yeah

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #45
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Plus adding a supercharger to this engine.... Now that makes one drool...
That completely defeats the purpose of using the LS7.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #46
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #47
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
The Z stands for ZERO extra weight.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #48
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The Z stands for ZERO extra weight.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #49
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Because the ZL1 wasn't good enough to be the Z/28. Check out a few of the parts on your car and you will see Z/28 stamped on them but GM made the right choice.
...no. The ZL1 surpases the Z28 by offering comfort, stability, power and traction under all conditions beyond any measure or metric previously seen in the Camaro lineage. We all know about the Z28 parts, the start up, stopage, bailout, resurgance, fervance within the Corporate structure to keep the project moving forward. Research some of my old posts to gain further insight.. That's statisticaly old news. It turned into a model demise and return against the main rival who had no hiatus during the same period. GM did the best they could, and did an A+ delivery with some forward vision that was way over the top. So...a rose by any other name is still a rose compadre. The Z28 is all business no doubt, and an afterthought taken to another level beyond what the ZL1 has brought to the table...using all that was learned from the ZL1, FE4, 1LE, with new technological additons from outside the box thinking in addition to fan base suggestions to bring this next wonder car Camaro to the market. The ZL1 kills you with everything from heated seats...creature comfort to performance ride settings, dimming mirrors, backup camera, MRC, torque up the wazoooo...on and on..and the Z28 will bend your knees and require a 5 point harness and oxygen to keep the driver wiithin the seat to pilot this sucker around a road course.

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 06-20-2013 at 08:33 PM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #50
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...no. The ZL1 surpases the Z28 by offering comfort, stability, power and traction under all conditions beyond any measure or metric previously seen in the Camaro lineage. We all know about the Z28 parts, the start up, stopage, bailout, resurgance, fervance within the Corporate structure to keep the project moving forward. Research some of my old posts to gain further insight.. That's statisticaly old news. It turned into a model demise and return against the main rival who had no hiatus during the same period. GM did the best they could, and did an A+ delivery with some forward vision that was way over the top. So...a rose by any other name is still a rose compadre. The Z28 is all business no doubt, and an afterthought taken to another level beyond what the ZL1 has brought to the table...using all that was learned from the ZL1, FE4, 1LE, with new technological additons from outside the box thinking in addition to fan base suggestions to bring this next wonder car Camaro to the market. The ZL1 kills you with everything from heated seats...creature comfort to performance ride settings, dimming mirrors, backup camera, MRC, torque up the wazoooo...on and on..and the Z28 will bend your knees and require a 5 point harness and oxygen to keep the driver wiithin the seat to pilot this sucker around a road course.

That's where you and I differ. In my opinion, the ZL1 sacrifices performance to add creature comforts. Creature comforts do not equal performance. I don't care if a car has 27 way power adjustable seats with 8 zone air condition. I care about acceleration, braking and handling. I don't own a car with functioning A/C. Yeah, it would be nice to have living in Southern California when the days crack 110* but I just roll the windows down. Are power seats amazing? I guess, if you adjust your seat every 10 seconds. I don't remember the last time I moved my seat. Would it be nice to have every kind of electronic gadget packed into the car? Sure, if you didn't own a smart phone with most of the same capabilities.

Yes, the ZL1 is an awesome machine but just think of what it would be if it didn't weigh in excess of two tons?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #51
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
That's where you and I differ. In my opinion, the ZL1 sacrifices performance to add creature comforts. Creature comforts do not equal performance. I don't care if a car has 27 way power adjustable seats with 8 zone air condition. I care about acceleration, braking and handling. I don't own a car with functioning A/C. Yeah, it would be nice to have living in Southern California when the days crack 110* but I just roll the windows down. Are power seats amazing? I guess, if you adjust your seat every 10 seconds. I don't remember the last time I moved my seat. Would it be nice to have every kind of electronic gadget packed into the car? Sure, if you didn't own a smart phone with most of the same capabilities.

Yes, the ZL1 is an awesome machine but just think of what it would be if it didn't weigh in excess of two tons?
And in the end...I don't give a rats behind about comfort...as a young man, cutting my teeth in the automotive field, bulding and racing cars...I never had it. I want straight line performance. The C4 Camaro as you own, is a big lack in all that, a culmination of the lineage well ago forgotten about. The only good thing about it was the LS1. The car bended, twisted, lost shape and form under load and WOT. This new platform is is light years beyond that. I wanted a Z28. I still have have my Z28 from high school and I have a ZL1. It does more than your mind can fathom. Beyond anything you may ever experienced. It's the end all to be all Camaro's. But......I am from the days of no A/C, power windows, door locks etc...so the Z28 is enamoring to me. If I can't get it, surely you won't be able to do. You are holding onto your past. Will you atempt to make a move on the Z28, or just parse words? And I think the sticker will be beyond my means. I will trade in my ZL1 to get it if I can ny friend, and I am first in line to do so. So, as I tell you about vintage muscle, discontinued muscle, new GM muscle, perhaps I will tell you from first hand experience about the upcoming GM muscle.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #52
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
I want a ZL1, Z28, new Vette, Jaguar XJL SS, GTR......damnit I need to win the lottery.
2005 CTS-V SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2010 CTS-V SOLD
2012 CTS-V coupe SOLD
2013 ZL1 vert SOLD
2016 Callaway Z06 SOLD
2019 Z06 SOLD

"I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #53
Bhobbs

Quote:
And in the end...I don't give a rats behind about comfort...as a young man, cutting my teeth in the automotive field, bulding and racing cars...I never had it. I want straight line performance. The C4 Camaro as you own, is a big lack in all that, a culmination of the lineage well ago forgotten about. The only good thing about it was the LS1. The car bended, twisted, lost shape and form under load and WOT. This new platform is is light years beyond that. I wanted a Z28. I still have have my Z28 from high school and I have a ZL1. It does more than your mind can fathom. Beyond anything you may ever experienced. It's the end all to be all Camaro's. But......I am from the days of no A/C, power windows, door locks etc...so the Z28 is enamoring to me. If I can't get it, surely you won't be able to do. You are holding onto your past. Will you atempt to make a move on the Z28, or just parse words? And I think the sticker will be beyond my means. I will trade in my ZL1 to get it if I can ny friend, and I am first in line to do so. So, as I tell you about vintage muscle, discontinued muscle, new GM muscle, perhaps I will tell you from first hand experience about the upcoming GM muscle.
For someone who doesn't care about comfort, you sure bring it up a lot against the Z/28.

And when did this become about me? Yeah my 4th gen Camaro (not C4, that's the Vette) is nowhere near the current generation Camaro. If you paid attention to the "What the Z28 could have been" thread, you would see me say that.

Like I said previously, for the money I am putting in my Chevelle, I could have paid cash for a new 1LE. Is the Z/28 in my price range? Who knows, the pricing isn't released yet. Will it be? Way more than likely it won't be but why should that stop me from talking about it?

It's an internet forum. No need to get your panties in a wad over someone disagreeing that the ZL1 is the end all be all of the Camaro world. People do have different opinions.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #54
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
For someone who doesn't care about comfort, you sure bring it up a lot against the Z/28.

And when did this become about me? Yeah my 4th gen Camaro (not C4, that's the Vette) is nowhere near the current generation Camaro. If you paid attention to the "What the Z28 could have been" thread, you would see me say that.

Like I said previously, for the money I am putting in my Chevelle, I could have paid cash for a new 1LE. Is the Z/28 in my price range? Who knows, the pricing isn't released yet. Will it be? Way more than likely it won't be but why should that stop me from talking about it?

It's an internet forum. No need to get your panties in a wad over someone disagreeing that the ZL1 is the end all be all of the Camaro world. People do have different opinions.
...do people have differnet opinions? You bet...if you want to relegate yourself to using the "panties in a wad" card in a factual conversation, then you have shown your lack of credibility and have capitulated any position of intelligence. This is where I part company. Carry on.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #55
Bhobbs

Quote:
...do people have differnet opinions? You bet...if you want to relegate yourself to using the "panties in a wad" card in a factual conversation, then you have shown your lack of credibility and have capitulated any position of intelligence. This is where I part company. Carry on.
Clearly you want to have a factual, intelligent conversation by going off on tangents about my personal vehicles when you clearly don't understand why I am driving what I am.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #56
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Clearly you want to have a factual, intelligent conversation by going off on tangents about my personal vehicles when you clearly don't understand why I am driving what I am.
...I'm not sure about the tangents, but it's all good...don't fret....