Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #43
1sikss

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
You do realize how those chemicals you get ready to use out the bottle are made right?

either you dilute them or the manufacturer does lol
yea but I'm sure is mixed in a big batch and it mixes a lot better than you just pouring water and mixing it you self
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #44
1sikss

and why are all cg products on sale lol
Old 06-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #45
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikss View Post
yea but I'm sure is mixed in a big batch and it mixes a lot better than you just pouring water and mixing it you self
It doesn't matter, its all the same.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #46
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Adams is good stuff. Good customer service. Made In usa. Good people.

I actually won some vrt in a contest........

after saying how overpriced adams is all the time, they convinced me that they have high high quality products.

Would not even think twice about orderingg a 16 oz bottle for 30 bucks before. But now I am.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #47
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Oh I definitely agree that X company makes a product like rinseless wash then company Y will follow with a rinseless. What I'm saying is I'd like to believe for example that just because Optimum made ONR doesn't mean another company tries to formulate an exact copy of ONR instead I think/would like to believe that they form their own proprietary product.

Yeah I know. I'm sure there are some replica-type products I suppose you could call it? Just my take on the detailing industry as a whole. But then again maybe I'm not cutthroat enough to run a business and to think it's a good idea to copy another company's product exactly.
We can only hope but take a look at all the imitation designer bags you see or even a certain v6 supercharger. Sometimes people are just scumbags.

Otoh, I'm convinced turtle wax and optimum made a deal so that turtle wax could sell watered down onr. Just my conspiracy theory though.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #48
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Thank you to those who cleared up the baseless rumors.

I love how theres always an expert that pops in with "Brand X is the same as brand Z! Save your money."

Odds are people throwing that out are regurgitating the same non-sense they picked up from another "expert" who doesn't know the facts either.

Plain and simple - we have absolutely no affiliation with any other companies in a rebranding capacity. Our products are our own, our recipes, our formulas, and anyone claiming to know otherwise is welcome to call my office direct and discuss rather than hiding behind a keyboard.

(720) 484-5143

As I've stated here many times before - WE ARE NOT THE LOW PRICED LEADER - we won't ever be, we don't dry to be, we don't want to be. If you want "cheap" products there are plenty of other places to buy those. We offer value for your money - products backed by a 110% satisfaction guarantee, unmatched customer service and support, training, and piece of mind that even simple things like our bottles, caps, and sprayers are made in the USA (if that matters to you), we pack each order with extreme care and in double walled boxes.

Also consider we're here paying to sponsor the board you hang out on. We show up each year at Camaro5Fest to do live demos and teach you how to detail. We answer your PM's and questions quickly. We contribute here to the community.

Offering the additional things we do comes at a price and we wouldn't be able to afford to do them if we were selling cheap. I can fully understand and appreciate shopping on price if thats your lead criteria for decision making, but know going in that we are not the company to choose if the price tag is your #1 qualifier for product. Its not an arrogance thing, its just a matter of us choosing to charge a premium for a different level of service.
Nicely said!!

Same here, only for CAI's.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #49
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Lets not make this a bashing game... thats not what we are about and I don't think its fair, certainly when the other party isn't present to even defend the claims.

Everyone has preferences... each company has things they do well and things they don't. I believe our polishes were one of our weaker points until the recent update to that category. Before that I think we were limited with our interior offerings, so we addressed with with TID.

I'll be the last to say we are the be all, end all, answer to all detailing... do we make it easy? YES! Do we make it less intimidating for a newcomer? Yes. Are our products on a performance basis competitive in each of their respective categories? I'd like to think so.

We try to keep improving based on feedback, and thats all we can do. Win some, lose some. We can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but we certainly will try!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #50
1sikss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
It doesn't matter, its all the same.
maybe true but then you wouldn't know how concentrated the cg product is either... so for some one to guarantee 110% of there product thats already diluted that means its done right.... either way I've tried both and adams wins most ppl that don't like adams hasn't used adams i don't hate chemical guys i use some products on my other cars mainly there soap its better than other soaps you can buy at stores........... adams is just for the camaro lol... what made me get adams is they have there own forum and that just proves that there stuff is good i don't think ppl on there would lie that its that good
Old 06-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #51
Tecca

Drives: ...
Nicely put Dylan, I think this thread should be put to rest, locked or whatever.

Plus we should stick to product comparisons and not company comparisons unless you are talking about customer service and we all know revextreme has everyone beat in that category.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #52
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
I do think adams wins in this category though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL...v=_Q7jZ97BkmI#!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #53
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Lets not make this a bashing game... thats not what we are about and I don't think its fair, certainly when the other party isn't present to even defend the claims.

Everyone has preferences... each company has things they do well and things they don't. I believe our polishes were one of our weaker points until the recent update to that category. Before that I think we were limited with our interior offerings, so we addressed with with TID.

I'll be the last to say we are the be all, end all, answer to all detailing... do we make it easy? YES! Do we make it less intimidating for a newcomer? Yes. Are our products on a performance basis competitive in each of their respective categories? I'd like to think so.

We try to keep improving based on feedback, and thats all we can do. Win some, lose some. We can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but we certainly will try!

Always good to see a company be honest and actively not only work on their weaknesses but acknowledge them. Last few products seem like real hits and I hope it continues.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote