Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #43
MedicalCowboy
Save lives? Hahahahaha

Drives: An ambulance, a 2ss/rs, x-wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
You sound like a heartless friend that I have. We call her hollow because she is so ditzy sometimes, she doesn't get when something is funny, and then laughs at everything that isn't! (i.e. death, accidents, and any other situation that isn't really funny.) Have a heart, yes people die. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't care, or respect other people's feelings.
Brother I do respect others feelings. If I didn't I wouldn't a have a job. If you've seen half the stuff I have you would see where I'm coming from. Don't start judging when you have nothing to go on.
MedicalCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #44
Alot9439

Drives: 2SS RS
well I drove through standing water last sunday, I believe my oil pump went out or at least that is what my car told me it was no more than front bumper hight. I should have it in the shop over the weekend. I tried cranking it after having it towed to my place it putters and makes weird sounds. I hope its nothing serious next time I will just turn around not worth it, live and learn I guess. waiting in the median for over two hours is a lesson in itself especially seeing all types of cars driving through that F'in water.
Alot9439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #45
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Just a thought for this subject Our blocks are aluminum, aluminum expands and contracts a lot more than cast iron. I used to have a real problem having to go back every so many thousand of miles and retighten aluminum head bolts that would walk loose from cast iron blocks and the same with intakes. I am a old hot rodder who knows better and I live in a rainy state to not even think of driving through high water........... You rapidly cool the bottom end of the engine that is 350 degrees thus making part of the engine shrink while the other part is still hot...... Not good for tolerances inside a performance engine at all. Thus things like broken connecting rods can happen etc.....when the pistons bore shrinks and the pistons still hot etc etc....... For those of you not used to assembling engines think about this: To fit my intake and exhaust valves in my heads I had to stick them in the freezer so that they would cool to make the metal more dense and fit it the warm cylinder head otherwise it would not fit ever................ So think about this the next time your tempted to slam into a big puddle or lake of standing water, your engine is all aluminum!!!!!!!!!!! Well then there is the steel crank that does not care and will break your aluminum parts like nothing when they give it resistance......... And of course steel push rods and valves and camshaft....... All wrapped in aluminum tied together with steel bolts and main caps etc.......... all expanding and contracting at different rates due to heat.
2021 Wild Cherry ZL1 A10, Sunroof, Data,Red Carbon Interior, Nav, RotoFab Big Gulp , Elite x2ultra, Borla ATAK, Driveshaft shop, full BMR susp, Speed eng. valve covers, intercoolers, ATI , 2650 MAG, DSX lid, 103 NW, JBA shorties, Lingenfelter check, 1le wheels, spoiler and diveplanes, PCV, Big3racing ice tank, [SIGPIC]etc....
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote