Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-15-2009, 05:23 AM   #43
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
They started getting everything set up yesterday for all the testing they want done. The shop let me take it home since I love my car and hate for her not to be home. She goes back this morning for all the computer runs. I asked John Fitzpatrick if I should let them put on the GMMP exhaust and he said do not add anything to this car until we get it fixed and me happy.

John is a great guy!!! We even had a good talk about Steph yesterday on the phone.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #44
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
if the slow L99 owners (Scott excluded) did half the bitching to GM that they do on this forum I bet something would get done , I am sick of hearing about the "slow" L99s, 99% of them are not slow and its giving the general public the wrong idea and giving the L99 a bad rap.......................

IF you gettting beat by Mustang GT's Trans am's and Honda's I think you would say the same thing. The performance numbers are not as promised period.

Last edited by rpepka; 07-15-2009 at 11:26 AM.
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #45
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
They started getting everything set up yesterday for all the testing they want done. The shop let me take it home since I love my car and hate for her not to be home. She goes back this morning for all the computer runs. I asked John Fitzpatrick if I should let them put on the GMMP exhaust and he said do not add anything to this car until we get it fixed and me happy.

John is a great guy!!! We even had a good talk about Steph yesterday on the phone.
Damn Scott. I got so busy yesterday I forgot the tape. I'll be sending it first thing this morning. As soon as I get to the office. Sorry.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #46
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Uhhh...... Which one of us aren't bitching to GM. We've all made our dealers aware of the problem and are currently taking action to fix. Gotta go through the dealer right?

Oh, wait. You have Ed Pepers cell phone number on you, correct?
How about sharing it so I can get him right on it. There's a process. And BTW. I'll bet more people with the L99 are having problems and don't even know it than you'de believe. How many have posted their times and Dynos? Most haven't timed their acceleration. They just figure it feels strong so it must be. I felt the same way till I timed it.

Oh. And if you're tired of reading it maybe ...... Oh, I don't know........ Don't read it? You see that guy on your left holding that gun to your head forcing you to read stuff? I'm betting he won't really shoot.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #47
okie2

Drives: RJT 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
if the slow L99 owners (Scott excluded) did half the bitching to GM that they do on this forum I bet something would get done , I am sick of hearing about the "slow" L99s, 99% of them are not slow and its giving the general public the wrong idea and giving the L99 a bad rap.......................
Really?

I'm still looking forward to getting my L99. And, I think I qualify as the part of the general public. Even if it were only one single car not performing, surely you could understand the frustration of spending 40K for a car that's not quite up to spec.
okie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #48
rpepka

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie2 View Post
Really?

I'm still looking forward to getting my L99. And, I think I qualify as the part of the general public. Even if it were only one single car not performing, surely you could understand the frustration of spending 40K for a car that's not quite up to spec.
Especally when they say that there is NOTHING wrong with it!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:53 AM   #49
rpepka

Any updates?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:49 AM   #50
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I have #230 back. The ran test and logged them for 2 days. The dealer says there is a problem. They sent everything to GM. No the TAC team has to go thru al the readings and figure out whats up.

I was told not to put the exhaust on the car becuase they want them on A car that I am happy with. I hope they can fix #230 but my dealer has said that GM want me in A car I am happy with. What the heck that means I do not know but they do not want the exhaust on #230 yet.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #51
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
I think they just need to install an LS7 free of charge for all the trouble you've been through!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 06:32 AM   #52
rpepka

Pick me!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #53
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Uhhh...... Which one of us aren't bitching to GM. We've all made our dealers aware of the problem and are currently taking action to fix. Gotta go through the dealer right?

Oh, wait. You have Ed Pepers cell phone number on you, correct?
How about sharing it so I can get him right on it. There's a process. And BTW. I'll bet more people with the L99 are having problems and don't even know it than you'de believe. How many have posted their times and Dynos? Most haven't timed their acceleration. They just figure it feels strong so it must be. I felt the same way till I timed it.

Oh. And if you're tired of reading it maybe ...... Oh, I don't know........ Don't read it? You see that guy on your left holding that gun to your head forcing you to read stuff? I'm betting he won't really shoot.

Dude, you are just soo funny.!!! I mean that in a good way.

..Oh yeah, guess what? YOU GOT BEAT BY A GIRL ( lady )
Old 07-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #54
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I was told not to put the exhaust on the car becuase they want them on A car that I am happy with. I hope they can fix #230 but my dealer has said that GM want me in A car I am happy with. What the heck that means I do not know but they do not want the exhaust on #230 yet.
It sounds like GM is really wanting you to have the best car possible. They
want to get the car tuned properly and don't want any after market parts
skewing the numbers. Once that's fixed start adding what you want.
Guys I know this has got to be frustrating, but I really believe it will be fixed and you will have the performance you are supposed to have. Now on the other hand, if your issue is never fixed by GM, then I could not blame you for getting rid of the car and possibly never buying GM again. Good luck!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #55
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
It sounds like GM is really wanting you to have the best car possible. They
want to get the car tuned properly and don't want any after market parts
skewing the numbers. Once that's fixed start adding what you want.
Guys I know this has got to be frustrating, but I really believe it will be fixed and you will have the performance you are supposed to have. Now on the other hand, if your issue is never fixed by GM, then I could not blame you for getting rid of the car and possibly never buying GM again. Good luck!
I agree, GM wants desperatly to get this right. I think some people's problems getting their l99 fixed might be more dealership related than anything.

Look at the 08 G8 GT's. It took a little bit of time and b*tching, but GM came out with a TSB to fix the slow shifting issues they were having when they first came out.
duder4thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #56
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Obviously, the last thing GM wants right now is bad press about the cars it's actually managing to sell most of. I guarantee you, though, if it were my car I was being given the runaround about, I'd sit down with the rep and explain in no uncertain terms how if they won't play ball I'll have no compunction about making that bad press a reality. Is that being too heartless? Not if I'd just bent over to the tune of forty grand.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote