Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #43
airdriver
Airdriver

Drives: 2012 1LT Convertible A6 Silver Ice
Bigworm Graphics
Great Company and products + if you are around Dallas Metroplex will install Had hood spears and gill stripes added and really rounds out the look
airdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #44
airdriver
Airdriver

Drives: 2012 1LT Convertible A6 Silver Ice
w/gill stripes and spearsName:  IMG_0237.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  117.1 KB
airdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #45
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
I like those a lot. If I was not going to do the faded gills, I would have gone that route.
I like the faded gills too , but the clear part that you see in front of it sticks out to much for me . And it collects the lint from micro fiber cloths . Also had the Big worms on and the tips always were popping up . Also had the overlays on the bowties front & back . Then I said to myself a $30,000 car and I'm putting stickers on it to save money . No more bought the Billet bow tie inserts and painted the chrome around the bowtie and looks perfect . As for the gills went with the Black Onyx and looks amazing .

Just no more cheap stuff . Go big or don't do it at all is what I have decided . Do it right the1st time and save a lot of money not doing it a 2nd time ...
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #46
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjam-5 View Post
I like the faded gills too , but the clear part that you see in front of it sticks out to much for me . And it collects the lint from micro fiber cloths . Also had the Big worms on and the tips always were popping up . Also had the overlays on the bowties front & back . Then I said to myself a $30,000 car and I'm putting stickers on it to save money . No more bought the Billet bow tie inserts and painted the chrome around the bowtie and looks perfect . As for the gills went with the Black Onyx and looks amazing .

Just no more cheap stuff . Go big or don't do it at all is what I have decided . Do it right the1st time and save a lot of money not doing it a 2nd time ...
Did you paint your stripes on as well?
Old 04-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #47
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Ox View Post
+1 on Bigworm!
I have these in Matte finish OP,but pic didn't come out too good!
Same style, same company. No problems at all. Big worm actually ships you 2 sets just in case you mess up.
punk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #48
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:

Perhaps it's your color or the company you went with. I have seen both the SLP and the others, and they don't even compare. My clear part does not stand out on my rally yellow at all. It isn't about going cheap here... I have 20 G's invested in my ride and if you look at my build thread I have not done anything half ass. If these did not look good they would not be on my car.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #49
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Got mine here: http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1802

I always wanted them but I would not pay over $20 for them. Stupid to charge over that for 6 strips of vinyl. Had these on my car for over two years. I've seen people do the fade and put these over it, looks great together.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:50 PM   #50
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Perhaps it's your color or the company you went with. I have seen both the SLP and the others, and they don't even compare. My clear part does not stand out on my rally yellow at all. It isn't about going cheap here... I have 20 G's invested in my ride and if you look at my build thread I have not done anything half ass. If these did not look good they would not be on my car.
No offence to you or you car , I didn't mean that . I just felt that way for me . And I agree about color of car, As I seen the fade to black SLP on some and look amazing , But I also seen them on others and up close seen the clear part. I think on white & yellow & silver look the best . Darker & color cars it sticks out more . I'm not a big chrome fan either , but on black and blue cars it looks great , Again this is my own preference . Not disrespecting any other persons choice....
Old 04-27-2014, 06:54 PM   #51
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Did you paint your stripes on as well?
Not yet , But when I can it will be done . The vinyl scratches so easy. And as we all know black strips fade in time .
Old 04-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #52
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
No offence to you or you car , I didn't mean that . I just felt that way for me . And I agree about color of car, As I seen the fade to black SLP on some and look amazing , But I also seen them on others and up close seen the clear part. I think on white & yellow & silver look the best . Darker & color cars it sticks out more . I'm not a big chrome fan either , but on black and blue cars it looks great , Again this is my own preference . Not disrespecting any other persons choice....
No offense taken. I was just trying to state that the reason I went with vinyl had nothing to do with being cheap or not doing it right the first time, it's just was because on my car... I thought it looked great. The reason I held out on these things so long is because I have seen other brands that literally looked like crap because you could see the line so prominent and the fade was very inconsistent along the gill. For me it was a $60 gamble to see if they actually look good enough to keep or just peel back off and throw in the garbage. After installing them I was very satisfied with the outcome.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #53
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
Quote:
I just added the SLP faded side gills (flat finish) to my Rally Yellow Camaro. I have waited four years on pulling the trigger on this mods. I have pretty much ran out of stuff I want to do to my car now, so I finally figured what the heck. I will say... I really think these add the finishing touch to the gill area. It looks really nice in person. That is one thing that was holding me back... how will they would look in person? I saw some of the cheaper ones out there installed and just did not think they look good. I will say, you will pay more for these compared to the other brand, but sometimes you get what you pay for. These set me back close to 60 bucks which is not cheap for 6 pieces of vinyl, but in the big picture this has probably been one of the cheapest mods I have done to my car.. Here are a few pics.

Attachment 621138

Attachment 621139

Attachment 621140
Those look awesome, thanks for posting all those pics.