Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2014, 04:38 AM   #43
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I use a sexy model in a thong to bump the door close

no reallly.. the little black strip at the top.. getting hard to find models around these day to bump my door
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:18 AM   #44
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbsp View Post
I only touch the little black bit that is neither paint, nor window; the wife humors me and does the same thing...most of the time
same

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:26 AM   #45
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Package View Post
Might sound silly.

But I am watching a Top Gear US episode (yes will never be as good as the UK one, but still better than most car shows) and these guys grab the top of their door windows when they get out of their cars or when they close their car doors.

Now I know they do not own the cars and they can do god knows what, but am I just really anal?

or do I have a legit worry to one day break the lil motor in the window that makes it extra snug when you close it etc?
Observations:

These guys cannot be 'car guys'. I don't care if their names are Foyt, Andretti, and Edelbrock

These guys don't clean their own cars

There's no "lil motor" that makes it extra snug. Just one motor, and you're more likely to break your window than hurt the window motor. This ain't 1975...or 1992

I close the door by the door lock button, I get my index finger on that. Doesn't take Superman.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #46
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowz View Post
There is a specific part on the door, called a "handle." It is designed to distribute the forces when opening and closing the door, such that the door, and the rest of the car, is not damaged by ingress and egress. If you are not using the "handle" when entering or leaving your car, you are not using your car as designed by the engineers.

Of course, it's your car and you can use it as you wish. But I sometimes wonder about the person who goes in for warrantee repair, and the dealer says "Did you use the door handle, or did you just slam it shut any old way?"
Wait, what? is this a 2SS feature??
Old 06-09-2014, 02:00 AM   #47
yellowz
TREMEC6060 1-2 needs fix

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowz
There is a specific part on the door, called a "handle." It is designed to distribute the forces when opening and closing the door, such that the door, and the rest of the car, is not damaged by ingress and egress. If you are not using the "handle" when entering or leaving your car, you are not using your car as designed by the engineers.

Of course, it's your car and you can use it as you wish. But I sometimes wonder about the person who goes in for warrantee repair, and the dealer says "Did you use the door handle, or did you just slam it shut any old way?"

Wait, what? is this a 2SS feature??
Not sure, I got the RS package, but just assumed the door handles were a standard feature. I've been known to be wrong about other things though, and I have no common sense, so don't take my word for it. Maybe windows are your only option for closing the door. But if not, I'd recommend using the "handle" thingy.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:59 AM   #48
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I close the door by grabbing it and closing it. Where it happens? Hell, I couldn't tell you. If the car is so fragile that you have to grab a certain area to avoid damage, then I wouldn't drive it either. That would cause far more damage.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:14 AM   #49
Kill3mall

Drives: Black on Black 2011 Camaro2SS/RS
They're called doorhandles for a reason! They are for you hands, use them! Haha having a black car that im constantly cleaning I make sure to open and close it from the handle. I try to tell passengers to do the same but they never do....
Kill3mall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #50
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
I use the window to close the door. Especially on black its very annoying to have fingerprints and fine scratches where peoples fingers slide across the paint from closin the door. Windows wipe off way easier
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:01 AM   #51
screamin chicken

Drives: 95 TA 00 WS6
1 finger under the door handle , then a quick wipe with my shirt in case there is finger print, darn black cars.....
1995 TA A4

1999 EB expediton
1994 Dodge ram 5.9
screamin chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #52
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
I won't even touch the window of the 93 Z, grab the door handle to shut.