Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #43
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
as soon as they finish the replacement, I'm ordering the entire pulley kit from Lingenfelter
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:52 AM   #44
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyKiller74 View Post
as soon as they finish the replacement, I'm ordering the entire pulley kit from Lingenfelter
Ha Ha... that's exactly what I did. (but I didn't have a choice)
Old 06-14-2014, 12:55 AM   #45
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
That sounds normal to me!

Thanks for posting. I guess I need to look into it now.
Def not normal.

Here's a whole list of videos and threads on the subject.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336016

Old 06-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #46
AcmeRkt1

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLWN/LE View Post
I called my dealership earlier today and even though I don't hear anything wrong with my car there going to check it out.
The one thing he said though is that the extended warranty is for the current one on. I don't think it's for the new one when you get it replaced. You sure about having the extended on your new one?
Then again maybe it's for both.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
My paperwork showed the detailed list of what was done replacing the supercharged showed my date and miles on the car extended out 10 years and updated the miles on it. Maybe this isn't the norm, but since there was a dent on my door when I went to pick it up and I raised hell about it they throw that in. I don't know. They also had to fix the door, and now the ignition will be next.
2013 ZL1 #7593 Black, CCW CV590 wheels anodized red, exposed carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber rear spoiler, JDP Motorsports ZL-850 package. JDP Motorsports Anti-wheel hop package.

2012 2SS 45th Anniversary. Rotofab CAI, SLP chin spoiler, SLP heritage shifter, Eibach lowering springs, Red bowties. SOLD

2002 Corvette Coupe - Black - tinted, 1SA, MN6. A&A P1SC Procharger kit, Comp Cams 220/224 .581/.581 114lsa, RPS Stage 4 clutch, C6ZO6 shocks and sway bars, Borla cat-back, chrome Z06's (18/9.5f & 18/12r) and some other stuff. 571rwhp 530 rwtq. SOLD
AcmeRkt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #47
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
My car is at the dealer getting repaired and should be ready on Monday the 16th. My service manager said the tech called him over to compare the new supercharger to old supercharger and demonstrated how you had to rotate the shaft almost 1/2 way to get the screws to start to turn where as the new superchager's solid isolator did not have this slack before engaging.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #48
Ledbetterjw

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcmeRkt1 View Post
My 2013 has 2200 miles, was rattling at start-up and at idle. I took it to the dealership and the tech noticed it right away. Some manager confirmed that it had the rattle and they had a new one over night. The car was finished at 2pm. New blower and extended warranty. Was pretty annoyed by the recall but they made it easy.

Did the dealer give you any hassle over the rotofab intake when you took it in? Should I remove mine before taking it in?
Ledbetterjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #49
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
I just simply wanna know.. should everyone get this done ? Wouldn't you think it's going to happen eventually anyways?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
1BLWN/LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #50
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetterjw View Post
Did the dealer give you any hassle over the rotofab intake when you took it in? Should I remove mine before taking it in?

I wouldn't think so since they know the issue is the SC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #51
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Just picked up my car. Replaced my SC and NPP exhaust. The rattle and squeak are all gone. It was rather loud before. I guess I never knew the difference till now.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #52
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero5 View Post
Just picked up my car. Replaced my SC and NPP exhaust. The rattle and squeak are all gone. It was rather loud before. I guess I never knew the difference till now.

After driving around I started to hear a new noise that wasn't there prior to SC change nor when I pick it up. The noise you are looking for is the constant chirp sounding noise. Not the ticking which sounds normal. Chirp almost sounds like it's coming from a bearing or vacuum.

Normal????

http://youtu.be/C5S7TGvkeNI

Thanks

Old 06-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #53
alex3d

Drives: zl1
this has become a matter of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcmeRkt1 View Post
My 2013 has 2200 miles, was rattling at start-up and at idle. I took it to the dealership and the tech noticed it right away. Some manager confirmed that it had the rattle and they had a new one over night. The car was finished at 2pm. New blower and extended warranty. Was pretty annoyed by the recall but they made it easy.
so...this has become a matter of been lucky the day that we take the car for diagnostic.
i had back luck. my dealer rejected my first attemp. the genius working that day said that the rattle is normal in that kind of superchargers...and blah blah blah.
i'll try another dealer.
alex3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #54
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex3d View Post
so...this has become a matter of been lucky the day that we take the car for diagnostic.

i had back luck. my dealer rejected my first attemp. the genius working that day said that the rattle is normal in that kind of superchargers...and blah blah blah.

i'll try another dealer.

Same issue. Walked in the next day with the TSB and they ordered and replaced it.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #55
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:

I know you asked someone else just judging by my recent experience you'll be okay. What the dealer has to do per GM is upload your ECU information from your car to them to review. If you have a "tune" you may not get coverage. That is the RED FLAG! They may also take a photo of your engine compartment. They did with mine. I have a Roto-Fab and Apex catch can installed along with a separate clutch reservoir. Had no issues with supercharger replacement.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #56
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
The dealer asked me if had had anything done to the engine itself and I told him no. He didn't say a word about the RotoFab CAI that's right there in plain sight.

I don't think a CAI will be a problem at all.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote