Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #43
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
1986-87 Bright Blue Metallic Please!!!!
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #44
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
I have given up on camaro and Blue. Can not wait to see hellcat in B5 blue. At least doge is offering a great blue color. GM reminds me of Henry Ford " you can have any color you like as long as it is black"
Old 06-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #45
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
One of these days they will have a really sharp bright blue on the Camaro and all these posts won't have to happen...lol

(I HOPE)

Seems like I have been a part of 10 posts just like this.....Here is to a great new blue coming one day.....sooner than later !
Old 06-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #46
jhutch

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM -Sold
Love my ABM, looks amazing even in the parking lot at night under some lights.
Had a salesman at a CHEVY dealership ask me if it was a custom paint job....
Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 PM   #47
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
One of these days they will have a really sharp bright blue on the Camaro and all these posts won't have to happen...lol

(I HOPE)

Seems like I have been a part of 10 posts just like this.....Here is to a great new blue coming one day.....sooner than later !
10?! Don't fib. Much more than that and that's OK. I can't trade my 1LE. I love it, Red Hot and all. But, I believe when it comes time to replace my daily driver it will come down to a new Colorado or a V6 manual sixth gen, or dare I say a turbo4 sixth gen? Having it in a nice blue would be awesome as I usually keep my vehicles for a long time. There are many acceptable shades of blue that they can use. Most bright blues would work (ABM, Kinetic Blue, Laguna Blue) but I would even accept a darker shade like the Electron Blue on the C5 Vette. What I don't want to see is another IBM (my favorite of the dark fifth gen blues) or another BRM (my least favorite but certainly not an ugly color) or whatever nonsense this new color is. They are all too dark in my opinion. We don't just need a great blue for the sixth gen we need one to show itself and sell successfully.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #48
2Z's4me

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Corvette Z06
I wish GM had made this blue color.

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/...psedb2b0b2.jpg
2Z's4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:48 PM   #49
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I say bring back Inferno Orange Metallic !!!
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:07 AM   #50
2Z's4me

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
I say bring back Inferno Orange Metallic !!!
They should it is a great color and I have no regrets.If they made blue like in the Photoshop it would have been a hard choice, but I am sure I would have chosen the IOM. I had the same dilemma when I purchased the Z06 8 years ago, blue was one choice.
2Z's4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:06 AM   #51
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Looks exactly like Blue Ray to me...

why cant chevy just give us a real nice blue back, like the imperial blue?
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #52
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
Yeah BRM really pops in direct sunlight. I love it.
It sure does, but in every other light it looks black. I've had people tell me, this whole time I thought your car was black...until it was a bright day outside.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #53
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
The downside to the really dark blues is that you don't get the advantage of it looking amazing like a black car when the paint is perfect....and you get the downside of it looking blah when it's dirty and
getting dirty quickly like black. BRM looks like an overripe blueberry unless the sun is out, but it still has that dark purple tinge to it.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #54
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
10?! Don't fib. Much more than that and that's OK. I can't trade my 1LE. I love it, Red Hot and all. But, I believe when it comes time to replace my daily driver it will come down to a new Colorado or a V6 manual sixth gen, or dare I say a turbo4 sixth gen? Having it in a nice blue would be awesome as I usually keep my vehicles for a long time. There are many acceptable shades of blue that they can use. Most bright blues would work (ABM, Kinetic Blue, Laguna Blue) but I would even accept a darker shade like the Electron Blue on the C5 Vette. What I don't want to see is another IBM (my favorite of the dark fifth gen blues) or another BRM (my least favorite but certainly not an ugly color) or whatever nonsense this new color is. They are all too dark in my opinion. We don't just need a great blue for the sixth gen we need one to show itself and sell successfully.

LOL...Yeah I better not starting keeping a list, it might be a lot more !

I know what you mean about Red Hot too.....If we end up getting a 15 I'm between Red Rock Metallic and Red Hot.....those colors look terrific on the Camaro !

The Colorado is going to be real interesting, I want to go check out one of those when they come out for sure.....I think a Extended Cab Z-71 in Black would look sharp ! (They do have a Laser Blue too, though)

This deal reminds me (long story)....of a guy I used to deal with back in the 90's when I was ordering a lot of cars....I was ordering a 96 Trans Am and I wanted the Red Leather (Red Car/White Convertible top)....and he told me not to order it....said his district manager told him not to order any that it didn't look very good.....If lots of the order folks get told things like that (and I bet they do).....it's no wonder certain colors and interiors never sell...they never order any for the lots...so people don't see them and don't even know they are available.

I ended up getting a WHITE leather interior which was fantastic and I loved it, but sometimes I kinda think I should have gotten the red anyway.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:30 PM   #55
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
LOL...Yeah I better not starting keeping a list, it might be a lot more !

I know what you mean about Red Hot too.....If we end up getting a 15 I'm between Red Rock Metallic and Red Hot.....those colors look terrific on the Camaro !

The Colorado is going to be real interesting, I want to go check out one of those when they come out for sure.....I think a Extended Cab Z-71 in Black would look sharp ! (They do have a Laser Blue too, though)

This deal reminds me (long story)....of a guy I used to deal with back in the 90's when I was ordering a lot of cars....I was ordering a 96 Trans Am and I wanted the Red Leather (Red Car/White Convertible top)....and he told me not to order it....said his district manager told him not to order any that it didn't look very good.....If lots of the order folks get told things like that (and I bet they do).....it's no wonder certain colors and interiors never sell...they never order any for the lots...so people don't see them and don't even know they are available.

I ended up getting a WHITE leather interior which was fantastic and I loved it, but sometimes I kinda think I should have gotten the red anyway.
Yep. Laser Blue looks to be a great color but no real pictures have been shown yet. Black would be a great second choice too. I always look at Fenwickhockey's sig when I see it. I also would prefer a red leather interior over the inferno orange interior. The Stingray has a gorgeous red interior. I had a friend that had the 30th anniversary Z28 with white leather interior and it was nice too. We'll see what the sixth gen will bring.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #56
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Yep. Laser Blue looks to be a great color but no real pictures have been shown yet. Black would be a great second choice too. I always look at Fenwickhockey's sig when I see it. I also would prefer a red leather interior over the inferno orange interior. The Stingray has a gorgeous red interior. I had a friend that had the 30th anniversary Z28 with white leather interior and it was nice too. We'll see what the sixth gen will bring.
I know that signature well, I can't scroll past without stopping

I don't know if it's the same Laser Blue...but they had this Laser Blue on several cars back in the mid 2000's.....nice !

You're right about the Stingray too, love all the interior color choices.....really makes it unique !

Good thing is we don't really have long to wait on that 6th Gen either

-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------