Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #43
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff657756 View Post
My shift knob started wearing just a little bit. My car has just about 2000 miles. I just ordered the mgw gripper knob. I ordered that over the epco because it looks like it sits a little higher than the epco. We will see.
Post some pics once you install it
LT1Zob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #44
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannsiam View Post
If you order from EPCo and I highly reccomend their knobs ensure you get the 1LE inlayed not etched.

You are correct, I mis-spoke. My 1LE is inlayed, not etched
Old 09-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #45
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
If your shifter and steering wheel are looking dingy try washing your hands more before you drive. Leather steering wheels shouldn't be shiny either. If they are you should wash your hands more as well. Also clean more too. The suede is synthetic. It can take water. If the cloth is coming unglued and coming lose that should be a warranty claim.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #46
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Post some pics once you install it

I actually just got a call from MGW saying that the 2013-2014 shifter handle is different from previous versions. Is this true? I thought that they were the same thing but just getting the boot off was different. Can someone chime in on this? They are cancelling my order.
jeff657756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #47
LT1Zob

I have a previous thread I started here on this 1LE forum talking about installing my Epco as well as other very helpful links from other members (sorry, I'm at work, can't dig those links up now). On my 2013 (and I believe from other members chiming in on their 14s, the 13 and 14 are identical, don't know about the '10-'12). You lower the boot and a couple of inches down the shift rod, there is a hex-head screw. Undo the screw and the shift knob comes off. The Epco comes with a built-in adapter that fits right on the rod as the factory did. (Also, don't just go and try to yank the boot down, there are specific instructions on how to do this properly on C5) If I remember correctly, it's a quarter turn counter-clockwise on the chrome trim ring above the boot, then pull the whole thing down
Old 09-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #48
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
I have a previous thread I started here on this 1LE forum talking about installing my Epco as well as other very helpful links from other members (sorry, I'm at work, can't dig those links up now). On my 2013 (and I believe from other members chiming in on their 14s, the 13 and 14 are identical, don't know about the '10-'12). You lower the boot and a couple of inches down the shift rod, there is a hex-head screw. Undo the screw and the shift knob comes off. The Epco comes with a built-in adapter that fits right on the rod as the factory did. (Also, don't just go and try to yank the boot down, there are specific instructions on how to do this properly on C5) If I remember correctly, it's a quarter turn counter-clockwise on the chrome trim ring above the boot, then pull the whole thing down

What I am getting from MGW is that they dont make a shift knob that just bolts on to the stock shifter. The one they offer only works on 2010-2012 models. The lady i talked to said that George from MGW (I believe he is a member on here) said that the 2013 and 2014 changed and theirs does not work for the newer models. I did not know that there were differences between the models. Hopefully someone has some information on what changed between model years. I may just have to go for the epco.
jeff657756 is offline   Reply With Quote