Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #43
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Just installed mine about 30 minutes ago. Toughest part was routing the wires and making sticking the controller itself somewhere. I know it's been said many times, but it honestly feels like a brand now car. Settling on SP5, I was literally laughing the whole ride, I was having so much fun. Permagrin levels are officially over 2000000000 now.
CyberGreyConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #44
azvren

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS IBM
This can be changed with a tune fyi. Save your money.
azvren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:17 PM   #45
rfopt

Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Throttle-by-wire can be (and probably is) a whole lot more complex than that - even the speed that you move your foot down is a likely input. You'd need to have access to a bunch of datalogging data.
I agree it is pretty complex. What I was getting at was finding out if the actual throttle opening curve (pedal position vs actual) is changed or if the same identical curve is just amplified. If it is just the same curve amplified then the throttle would hit 100% sooner than stock which is what I don't want.

There is a tuner on one of the corvette forums that has his own program that he uses to have practically "total control" over the throttle to change the throttle opening curve as well as eliminate the lag time in movement vs user input. Initially he got a lot of criticism from some of the frequent 1/4 drag guys similar to what is happening here with this Vitesse part. His product started to get more respect when a few of those reputable 1/4 mile drag guys tried it and praised it for it's subjective feel even though the cars aren't necessarily quicker in the 1/4 mile.
rfopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #46
AKA chaoss

Drives: 2015 camaro ss
Well I'm a pretty big non beliver but I guess I'm going to buy one and see for myself. Worst case scenario I shouldn't have any trouble reselling.
AKA chaoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #47
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I was too, but I took the car out today for about an hour. SP5 is right for me and its night and day compared to where it was at before the controller.

Ahmed u owe me since you probably got about 10 new customers from this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA chaoss View Post
Well I'm a pretty big non beliver but I guess I'm going to buy one and see for myself. Worst case scenario I shouldn't have any trouble reselling.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #48
D3R3K
Sittin side ways

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Does anyone have this with a heavily modded m6? I'd like to hear from someone with 700+hp.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #49
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
To those who say there's no lag, the device is not a time machine. The computer moves the throttle plate faster the further it is behind the pedal position. From what I understand about our ECM....

Your not supposed to power anything from the pair of 5 volt reference wires. Those are "signal voltages" that are closely controlled by a tiny surface mount regulator that's probably close to being maxed out on its adjustment range by this.

This is like powering a light bulb from the power your digital ohm meter puts out for measuring stuff!

Now I don't have one in front of me to reverse engineer but if the two 5 volt lines are tied at any point its like having a carburetor where the butterfly will flop to the open position if the cable ever breaks, they don't make them like that for a reason.
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:05 PM   #50
Botrod

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange SS Vert
Ok I will bite. I just installed a ported tb hoping it would eliminate that hesitation at take off. I didn't. Sounds like this does. Where can I get it and how difficult is it to install?
Botrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:13 PM   #51
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Sounds like a cool device but probably not for me. I want to get rid of wheel spin. I couldn't find anything about anyone using this on a 1LE. Has anyone?
Old 04-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #52
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
There is going to be a lot of them on here for sale. The more the cheaper. I have a L99 PTB CAI Headers High Flow Cats Flowmaster 409 Thunder Exhaust New Era Tune. Drive Manual Sport Mode makes no difference I have no lag in throttle response. Don't need to mash the throttle just normally press it & jerks your head. I'm very happy the way it reacts.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #53
GetYouOne

viteese-motorsports.com

Install was less then 20 mins just depends where u want to route the wires to set up ur controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botrod View Post
Ok I will bite. I just installed a ported tb hoping it would eliminate that hesitation at take off. I didn't. Sounds like this does. Where can I get it and how difficult is it to install?
Old 04-25-2015, 08:25 PM   #54
GetYouOne

SP5 I have no wheel spin now if u get up to SP7-9 im sure you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
Sounds like a cool device but probably not for me. I want to get rid of wheel spin. I couldn't find anything about anyone using this on a 1LE. Has anyone?
Old 04-25-2015, 08:35 PM   #55
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
There's a lot of people holding off in my guess because they say it doesn't improve a quarter mile time. So it stands to reason that what it does is make the pedal more sensitive. Basically just like you're flooring it everywhere you go. That's what it sounds like anyway.
This is my thought as well.
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:47 PM   #56
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
SP5 I have no wheel spin now if u get up to SP7-9 im sure you will.
I don't have one and I can easily burn the tires going into second if I am not careful so that's why I say it's probably not for me but I am curious what other 1LE owners think about it but couldn't find any posts.