Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #43
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Like I said I want a 2016. But not if its going to "Shake, Rattle and Roll".
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:21 PM   #44
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/BtDkl7 Posted by brz1980[/url] [quote name="NY Andrew" post=8983875]Actually, unfortunately not. The noise did seem to go away after I shifted the panel closer to the lining, but this morning I heard it again and noticed that the panel had again come loose. So either it's a coincidence and the panel was not the cause of the noise after all, or it was and will have to come up with a better fix for the panel. I've decided to just take it to the dealer when I get a chance, have already spent too much time and frustration on this with no luck.

I should add that perhaps the noise started again because I did remove the piece of fabric that I had temporarily placed between the lining and the panel because from what I read on another thread I created on this, that lining is meant to keep out moisture or dirt. So I didn't want to leave the fabric there because although it prevented the panel from touching the lining (and presumably that was the cause of the noise), the presence of the fabric created a gap between the panel and the lining.
Hi brz1980,

Apologies for this rattle noise concern you're experiencing with your Camaro and I can certainly understand how this may be frustrating. Although I have posted previously in this thread, I wanted to reply as I see you are planning on visiting your dealership. If you would like, we would be more than willing to contact your dealership to provide an additional layer of support. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and servicing dealership if you would like our assistance.

Kind regards,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #45
brz1980

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi brz1980,

Apologies for this rattle noise concern you're experiencing with your Camaro and I can certainly understand how this may be frustrating. Although I have posted previously in this thread, I wanted to reply as I see you are planning on visiting your dealership. If you would like, we would be more than willing to contact your dealership to provide an additional layer of support. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and servicing dealership if you would like our assistance.

Kind regards,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Just sent you pm.

Dealership just called, said they are having trouble detecting noise (I told them it normally occurs only on 65+ speeds), and he asked permission for the "foreman" to drive the car to his house tonight as he would be able to take it on the highway - don't know how I feel about that
Old 03-24-2016, 01:41 PM   #46
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brz1980 View Post
Just sent you pm.

Dealership just called, said they are having trouble detecting noise (I told them it normally occurs only on 65+ speeds), and he asked permission for the "foreman" to drive the car to his house tonight as he would be able to take it on the highway - don't know how I feel about that
I would honestly insist on going on a road test with him, I would never let the dealership take a test drive alone.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:22 AM   #47
brz1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I would honestly insist on going on a road test with him, I would never let the dealership take a test drive alone.
That's what I ended up doing, did it this morning. Good news is he heard same noise (was worried they were going to say I was imagining it or that it was "normal"), bad news is he seemed at a loss as to the possible cause, said was going to call his "engineer friend" for advice.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:05 PM   #48
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by brz1980 View Post
That's what I ended up doing, did it this morning. Good news is he heard same noise (was worried they were going to say I was imagining it or that it was "normal"), bad news is he seemed at a loss as to the possible cause, said was going to call his "engineer friend" for advice.
Why doesn't he just contact GM engineers that designed and built the car??
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:15 PM   #49
brz1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Why doesn't he just contact GM engineers that designed and built the car??
I don't know, but am pretty bummed. Was just told that due to "busy holiday weekend" they won't be able to even start diagnosing until Monday, so they suggested I pick it up today, drop it off Monday, and they'll give me a loaner.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:11 PM   #50
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Sorry some of you are having issues with the NPP exhaust. I am glad I went with the standard exhaust now.
z28guy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:14 PM   #51
Rileysj

Drives: Camaro 2016 2SS fully loaded White
Just bought my Camaro SS2 this weekend with NPP and started to hear this rattle on the rear passenger side. Is there a permanent Fix to this. I have 63 miles on my Car. So bummed.
Rileysj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:36 AM   #52
nvisible85

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Fully Loaded
I have the Same NPP problem, I just made 500 miles yesterday. And now i have that crazy rattle sound, I have to bring my new car back to the dealer, I only had it for a week now, sad.
nvisible85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:10 AM   #53
Rileysj

I took mine to the shop today. When its on tour mode and on drive with the brake pressed you can hear something rattling back there. Just happy the service department heard it too. Will update on how they handle this.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #54
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I have a noise from the right rear. A rattle/buzz.
Awesome!

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #55
EstebanVerde

Drives: 16 2SS Camaro
Rattles

It seems like a lot of you have NPP issues. I would also recommend tapping the back passenger speakers. There's a good video on here of someone tapping and them rattling. It helped me identify a rattle in my 2SS from the rear passenger side. Dealer said it was actually the rear passenger panel and ordered me a replacement this weekend.
EstebanVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #56
Rileysj

Update. GM knows about this issue. Their replacement muffler is also having the same problems. They will get back to the service department and I in 2 days. Just hope something gets done soon. Hate that sound. Destroying my first ever sports car driving experience.