Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-18-2016, 11:14 AM   #43
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Probably had some sweet stickers to help with drag and extra hp.
But, how'd he pull off the wheelie? That's what I want to know.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #44
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
It's not really as simple as all that. I know about what you do, and you certainly have a great reputation in the field and I greatly respect that. I know that you have probably forgotten more than I know.

My last two performance cars were a 98 Z28 then a '96 Corvette LT4. My first DBW car was an '06 Cadillac STS V6. I noticed the lag in it, but it was a daily driver, and I didn't really have a great expectation of it.

However, in the Camaro, this thing just seemed like a slug pulling off from a stop light or merging into traffic, unless I stomped on it, then it seemed like it was too much, at least for the situation. I was accustomed to the old cable throttle body cars, thus a more linear throttle response.

I like the throttle controller because it supplies me with the old school linear response. No it does not "add" horsepower, or do any magic tricks, other than make my pedal more responsive. That's it, that's all it does. But there is a notable difference in control and acceleration in those partial throttle situations like merging, passing, rolling from a stop in traffic, that the controller just seems to make it smoother.

Sure, I could send this car off to you, and get the cam and heads done, and come away with a 600hp smooth driving machine. I know that. But that's not what I want right now. I like this car as it is, it's just that the factory DBW lag is ridiculous. The throttle controller is just a simple work around. And it works well for somebody like me.

I do understand what you are feeling. I would prefer to see a real fix. Gears wake up an SS. A dyno tune or vtc are a electronic trick, band aid. We have removed a number of plug in devices to eliminate engine codes and intermittent problems. As I said, my preference is a hard fix with absolutely minimal possibility of future problem or failure.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #45
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
You legitimately used the term "hater" everything you say is now invalid Justin Bieber

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LSX376 SLP TVS2300 '13 1LE
Full front half protected by Xpel PPF
Instagram:@Failshift
625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/559684050767758/

I obviously hurt your feelings...it'll be ok love
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #46
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaSS View Post
I obviously hurt your feelings...it'll be ok love

Nah. Just take no credence in anyone who uses that moronic term

625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #47
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
If you truly think that a VTC is better than an actual tune and also believe that the throttle response can't be adjusted in a tune, then you need to stop playing w/your car because you don't have a clue what you're doing or talking about. The VTC is a voltage multiplier, that's it. The Bullydog tuner I had on my old Nissan Titan had the same function built into it. Fuel mileage, normal, sport, extreme. After the tune itself was flashed, I kept it on normal because anything else was too jumpy. Anyone who gets a custom tune either via SCT, HPTuners or EFI Live can get the throttle response tweaked to their liking. The number one issue with these cars is tq management. It's so bad really! Remove all of it or at least most of it and change the shift timing, it will be a brand new car. My LS3 which doesn't have nearly as much tq management as the L99 wouldn't hardly spin the tires from a 30 roll in 1st. After just the canned tune from SCT, it would roast the shit out of the tires in 1st gear easily from a roll. The throttle response was more linear, like the old DBC setup prior. Sorry, but a little box that has questionable electronics inside that can potentially fail and make your car go wot on its own, yeah..........have fun w/that. When I get another Camaro, I already have HPTuners and my old SCT files ready to flash.
Thats not what I said...Factory emissions lag cannot be removed in tune
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #48
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueN20Camaro View Post
He installed his CAI and just couldn't keep the car straight. That CAI just over powers those slicks.
Haha.....that reminds of the multiple threads about a cai making it feel like a whole new car. Can't keep the tires from spinning .
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #49
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Haha.....that reminds of the multiple threads about a cai making it feel like a whole new car. Can't keep the tires from spinning .

Changes the exhaust completely too. Makes LFX sound like l99

625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
Old 06-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #50
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
Changes the exhaust completely too. Makes LFX sound like l99

625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
If it has a performance exhaust and no tune....thats a bad thing.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #51
insanity213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Impossible, once the throttle is fully pressed, the throttle controller is not active, 100% is still 100% so the controller has no way of making a car "faster". And BTW, how does a fwd car do a "wheelie" exactly?

* a little sarcasm to respond to post with a lot of sarcasm, which is kind of funny, I'll give you that.
Quote:
But, how'd he pull off the wheelie? That's what I want to know.
In reverse of course!
insanity213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:10 PM   #52
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
I got tuned first and it felt pretty good after. Then I got the VTC last season. This season I got the 3.91's. Of all three things I've done, the VTC has added the most driving pleasure and for the price, it's the best mod in my book. The gears are also very good and along with the VTC, I'm one happy camper I have not had a single issue with my VTC but I only have an intake and it seems guys with ported throttle body are the one's with problems. It's worth getting to try it and sell it if you don't like it...... But you will!

J
Old 06-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #53
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I got tuned first and it felt pretty good after. Then I got the VTC last season. This season I got the 3.91's. Of all three things I've done, the VTC has added the most driving pleasure and for the price, it's the best mod in my book. The gears are also very good and along with the VTC, I'm one happy camper I have not had a single issue with my VTC but I only have an intake and it seems guys with ported throttle body are the one's with problems. It's worth getting to try it and sell it if you don't like it...... But you will!

J

Get high flow catted mid pipes. Or LTs your opinion will change very quick.

625hp/582tq
1LE Owners Group:
Old 06-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #54
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

J
Your tuner could have done what the vtc did.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #55
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Nope. You're 100% wrong. My tuner tried everything at his disposal while in-car tuning with me. He got rid of all torque management, and increased throttle as much as he could but it's nowhere near with this does. I will also add that I have played with it a bit by turning it back to zero/stock and just mashing the pedal faster. It does not have the same response as with the VTC. So to all you who are bashing it without trying, sorry, but I've played with it and everytime I turn it to zero, it feels like a damn Prius! I swear.

@ RonTammy, we live relatively close. If you wanna meet up to see how my car feels with the VTC on and off, I'd be happy to let you try her out before you buy. Trust me, it feels great and works.

J
Old 06-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #56
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Some of you guys are just a bunch of whiny Negative-Nancys who will bash anything. The thing does work. There is no denying that. Some people are lucky and have had no issues with it. I had issues with mine so I had to remove it. If I didn't have those issues, then I would still be using it. For the record, some new cars out there have different driving modes that do nothing but increase the speed of the throttle opening. And when you switch those modes, you can definitely feel the difference. I wouldn't be surprised if that is all that a snow/wet driving mode does...simply delay throttle response. So no, it isn't doing any harm, it isn't tricking anything, it isn't snake oil. It is basically a mod that you can put on older cars that newer cars come from the factory with. So if you're saying this is garbage, then I would love to see you all drive a newer car in snow/wet mode all day every day. The thing works. You don't have to buy it which most of you are too stubborn to try it anyway. But to sit here arguing that it is a BS mod when the manufacturers are now using the same technology just makes you all look kinda unintelligent. Heck, if they can figure out what went wrong with mine and if they can work the kinks out then I'd be happy to try it again. And for the record, a tune can increase throttle response and the speed of throttle opening but not to the extent that the VTC does. Not even close.

I will say tho that after using it and getting fed up with getting stranded and ultimately removing it, my car doesn't feel as lag as it used to.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote