Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-14-2016, 03:34 PM   #43
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
For the longest time I thought you guys complaining over the years were wimps. Suck it up losers, you bought a track oriented car, what did you expect? My car is at the dealer as I type this because there was a big difference between what I was experiencing with a rough ride and noise before and what it sounds like now. The sound/roughness it has developed over the last few weeks when I hit the "right" bumps is unmistakable. It sounds horrific, like the windshield is about to shatter. The dealer knew all about it, didn't give me any hassle. New struts and alignment, should have it back tomorrow. Good thing I didn't write what I thought about people complaining over the years, I would have to eat crow now.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:19 PM   #44
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Hmmmm could be a bad batch of struts???
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #45
LT1Zob

Mine was built 10/16/12 Pete. Right around the timeframe the bulletin describes. Not sure about the '15 cars though
Old 07-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #46
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Mine was built 10/16/12 Pete. Right around the timeframe the bulletin describes. Not sure about the '15 cars though
Do you have the TSB number?
Old 07-14-2016, 05:30 PM   #47
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Do you have the TSB number?
It's posted on this very subject in the other thread running parallel to this one about strut issues. On the road now, can't cut and paste. Rodgers Chevrolet called, my car is ready. Heading down to pick it up. It's a 40 mile drive back over disgusting MI roads. Will post my impressions tonight.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #48
JusticePete

Quote:
It's posted on this very subject in the other thread running parallel to this one about strut issues. On the road now, can't cut and paste. Rodgers Chevrolet called, my car is ready. Heading down to pick it up. It's a 40 mile drive back over disgusting MI roads. Will post my impressions tonight.
Well now we know why. Gerry at Rogers is the best! Tell him I said hello.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #49
LT1Zob

Will do. You know my buddy Gerry? Ya, I drive by 7 dealers, 85 miles round trip, but will not let anyone other than them touch my car. That and I love Joe and Becky. Rare to find honest, good-hearted people these days.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #50
LT1Zob

Pete, your buddies at Rodgers say hello. A big big thanks to the Rodgers team for taking great care of my car and me. Feels great. There was something definitely wrong before. It feels even stiffer now and even more responsive and no more horrible banging.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:26 AM   #51
2015_1LE_soon

Drives: 2015_1le
Quote:
Not sure about the '15 cars??? Well, let me tell you, mine is a '15, and the pass side strut has been replaced, and it's good now.
2015_1LE_soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:19 AM   #52
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015_1LE_soon View Post
Not sure about the '15 cars??? Well, let me tell you, mine is a '15, and the pass side strut has been replaced, and it's good now.
I get that some of you guys are having issues, just don't get why after 3 years of production, some of the problem parts were still being used.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:31 AM   #53
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Can someone please post the TSB #? The threads are all split up now and I'm not sure which one it is. This will be the 3rd time my car's in the shop for this and I really want to get this done.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:04 AM   #54
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Can someone please post the TSB #? The threads are all split up now and I'm not sure which one it is. This will be the 3rd time my car's in the shop for this and I really want to get this done.
Here you go Billy10mm

As it reads on my invoice from last night:
REFER TO GM PIC5819A
Old 07-15-2016, 10:06 AM   #55
LT1Zob

When you say third time, do you mean they never replaced them or third time they're replacing them?
Old 07-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #56
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
When you say third time, do you mean they never replaced them or third time they're replacing them?
Never replaced them.

First time I dropped the car off and gave them a map to a local speed bump that clearly demonstrates the problem. Speed bump was 1.4 miles from their shop. Took them all day to come back and tell me the sounds were normal. Asked if they went over the bump between 4 and 8 mph as I instructed, and I got a quickly mumbled "yeah" that puzzled me enough to ask again, and again. They finally admitted that they hit some rough pavement about a block away from the shop, it sounded "normal", and they returned. I had spent 20 minutes explaining to this very guy, 10 hours earlier, what conditions were necessary for the problem to occur, and provided the map and speed instructions to get it to happen. I was so livid I just left. Thankfully, I haven't seen that service writer again. I hope he got shit canned, fell into a deep depression, and pisses on himself as a daytime activity.

Second time was two weeks ago, I drove the service writer to a bump myself and he heard the issue. Told me he called GM, and GM was sending over a pair of "suspension ears" to put on the car. He'd call me when the ears got there. A week later I get a call from the dealership asking me to give them a 5-star rating on my GM customer survey. I ask them how they expect me to do that when my service visit isn't even done yet. This confuses him of course and after I explain that I'm waiting for a call back on the suspension problem, he says, "Oh. I see. We'll likely just replace the shocks for you. Let me talk to some people and call you back.". That was a week ago.

So dammit, I want this TSB number.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote