Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #43
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Welcome to Mullet World. The reactions some post on here are the exact opposite the way people should behave. We are showing our nihilism. Lets evolve from the Joe Dirt mentality, our Ivy League C6 brothers are watching us.....LOL!

Yeah it sucks to have our babies dented, but handle the situation with composure. I'd be mad as hell but I'd get over it
Old 10-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #44
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I swear the more you love your car, the more likely something bad will happen to it.
Be cautious and roll the dice.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #45
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Glad you got her back, but seriously it doesn't fix the dent on your car I would have filed a report and had the person pay to fix it. But, I guess in your situation I would have kicked the hell out of her side view mirror and that would have kept me from calling the cops too. lolz

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #46
iwannagofast
Paranormal Hunter

Drives: 1968 Chevy Caprice
I feel sorry for the OP person, but I agree two wrongs don't make a right. Plus, as some others have stated you don't know if the mercedes had actually done it. Now that Mercedes owner is probably wondering why I have a huge dent and is mad. See now two people are mad.

Yeah probably the police won't come out for this. I work in the insurance biz and most times if you aint hurt or the accident isn't a big one they won't come out in the big cities. However, to solve this remedy stay and wait for them, or get there license plate and have customer service or security wrangle them up and talk it out.

Also yes in some situation the people who fling doors and dent other vehicles don't really care, yet there is the incidental situations that happens all the time ie, the wind blowing the door open, door swinging open accidently while trying to get out. Personally if I saw them do it I would talk to them and get insurance info from them if it is a big dent. If it isn't I'll forgive them. In the end when I go up to the blue sky I don't want to have a guilty mind.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #47
c0rsa180

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
I feel dearly for the OP, had a girlfriends neighbor scratch the car while mowing their lawn. People should learn some respect, just because you dont care about your car doesnt mean you shouldnt respect somebody elses. This person deserves an asswhoopin but that doesnt fix your car, you might feel better for a little bit but the facts remain the same, the car still needs to be fixed.

That all being said, I am an advocate of an eye for an eye and wont chastise you for evening up the score, but since the car was already a POS I wouldve done something to get my point through a bit more effectively like letting the air out of a tire, inconvience the douche a little

Inferno Orange Metallic
2SS
RS
M6
ordered 2/17/09
Old 10-07-2009, 12:22 AM   #48
Tomato
G-Force Addict

Drives: 2010 SS/RS A6
Plenty of a-holes out there that don't care or even do this crap on purpose. I'm always amazed at what I see. Fortunately, mines not a daily driver, so I shelter it like a friggin' baby. Sad, though, as I wish I could take it more places and not worry. Go ahead and flame me, but I'd rather keep it perfect as long as I can. I've had too much $hit happen to daily drivers.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #49
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
What the hell is wrong with people :(.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:40 AM   #50
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellojacket View Post
Well I picked up my car last wednesday nite, drove it home and there it sat in front of my house. I drove my truck to PA for a long 4 day weekend and then again to work on monday. Well today is the first I have driven the car. I took her to work. Got there early to get a good parking space on the end of the lot, moved toward one side of the space and waited there til one of my co-workers parked next to me. I know her and know she would never touch or hurt my car in anyway. Well she only had to work a half day today. After my shift is over I came out to jump in the car and leave and guess what??? You guessed it.... a crappy looking Mercedes SUV with dents and scratches all over it is parked next to me... When the A** got out they smacked my passenger door and now it is off to Dent Wizard I go. Only a dime sized dent but still!! C'MON PEOPLE!! I only have 55 miles on the car!! PEOPLE REALLY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANYTHING ANYMORE!!
Best part is this is an employee spot only and the SUV does not belong to anyone at work (no parking sticker) I am SOOO pissed right now!! I did return the favor though and left a nice fist sized dent in their driver's side door.

Couple years ago I had took my car cross country... and happened to stop in this little town outside of Prairie Georgia. We ended up stopping for something... and anyways I am SITTING in my car in this parking lot...

... In comes a Chevy something truck from the 80's.... Looked like it had been buried in mud since the 80's...

The guy driving the truck looks like he was in the car the entire time it was buried...

Anyways, he parks right next to me. Looks at me sitting in the car next to him... I look back.

He goes to get out of the car.... BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SLAMS his door into mine... Totally intentional. I'm like .... WTF!?!?

He gets out the of car, and this guy looks like a biker version of Crocodile dundee.... He looks down at the damage he caused to my door... looks up at me.

He then proceeds to SPIT chewing tobacco down on the ground in front of him, and walks away like nothing happened.

At this point im like

At this point my memory gets a little foggy... .... but I remember feeling good about the whole thing after wards.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #51
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
I never take mine shopping or to work. Only lots I park it in is Car Shows. Lucky so far
Old 10-07-2009, 06:46 AM   #52
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
very easy to shame someone, especially since it didnt happen to you..ill be the first to admit im immature..i hope to GOD that to everyone that posted that this guy was in the wrong that the exact thing happens to you, and id love to see your reaction when it does..its easy as hell to say someone is childish when its never happened to you..lets see someone dent your door without telling you, and see what you do about it. hes a better guy than me, i would have waited all day if i had to on the person to come out of the building, little ole' lady or not they would have gotten their asses beat. and then would have paid for the repairs..people like you guys that act like youre grown up and would have just bit the bullet and paid for it yourselves is why people do things like this, nobody is scared of consequences anymore..i try like hell not to disrespect other peoples property in fear that id get my ass beat or even shot..LOL..and if others thought like this then his car wouldnt have gotten damaged..he has every right to be pissed..and he could have done alot worse than a dent on a door..he could have dented their head like i would have, when it comes to my car that i paid tons of money for i dont give a crap.
I'm with you. "It's only a car"? you must be joking. After waiting and waiting and reading every other waiter's posts about waiting, how can anyone say "It's just a car"? It is not "just a car" it is MY CAR. Damage it at your own peril. Damage it and get away with it, Hurray for you, damage it and let me catch you and if you are an adult male you can call the ambulance before or after the ass whipping. When I had my GM bright red 1987 Camaro, some a-hole did the door fling and put a half dollar sized dent in it. I patiently waited for about an hour for them to come back, I knew it was the car next to me by the GM bright red paint on the edge of their door. I got sick of waiting, my wife said to flatten their tires. I said no. She said why? I said that it was too noisy and opted to key the F*&k out of their car. Then I spat a huge LOOGIE onto the driver's side of their windshield. Yes I'm a psycho, yes I am irrational, yes I am all of the things that the other posters with the undamaged cars say that I am, So do not F*&k with my property!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #53
Leolee

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
I'm with you. "It's only a car"? you must be joking. After waiting and waiting and reading every other waiter's posts about waiting, how can anyone say "It's just a car"? It is not "just a car" it is MY CAR. Damage it at your own peril. Damage it and get away with it, Hurray for you, damage it and let me catch you and if you are an adult male you can call the ambulance before or after the ass whipping. When I had my GM bright red 1987 Camaro, some a-hole did the door fling and put a half dollar sized dent in it. I patiently waited for about an hour for them to come back, I knew it was the car next to me by the GM bright red paint on the edge of their door. I got sick of waiting, my wife said to flatten their tires. I said no. She said why? I said that it was too noisy and opted to key the F*&k out of their car. Then I spat a huge LOOGIE onto the driver's side of their windshield. Yes I'm a psycho, yes I am irrational, yes I am all of the things that the other posters with the undamaged cars say that I am, So do not F*&k with my property!
nice!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #54
Leolee

Drives: camaro
once i was sitting in my chrysler 300 brand new waiting for my gf to come from the pharmacy and some idiot parked next to me and hit my door and i said excuse me, you just hit my door and while he walked off, he said "well it happens get over it" i said ok... cops came wrote him a ticket had him towed from destruction of personal property (reason being he was being a jerk to the cop too) and he payed my bill to fix the dent
Old 10-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #55
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
.....That costs a lot of money! If you put hard work into getting the money to buy your car and you love it to death, then someone damages it...you would just say "hey it's just a car! no worries"? I love my Camaro, there isn't a scratch on mine and i plan to keep it that way. Knowing my temper i would have done the same as the OP or worse. I do not park my car anywhere except at my house or at a car show though due to things like this.
yup. Agree totally. My wife wanted to take mine to a movie theatre that doesn't have a parking lot here on the east side.

I just looked at her.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #56
ontheaccount

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
once i was sitting in my chrysler 300 brand new waiting for my gf to come from the pharmacy and some idiot parked next to me and hit my door and i said excuse me, you just hit my door and while he walked off, he said "well it happens get over it" i said ok... cops came wrote him a ticket had him towed from destruction of personal property (reason being he was being a jerk to the cop too) and he payed my bill to fix the dent
This is Civil.

Quote:
I said that it was too noisy and opted to key the F*&k out of their car. Then I spat a huge LOOGIE onto the driver's side of their windshield.
This is Criminal

Closed Thread