Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-21-2020, 03:10 PM   #43
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I have an 8" passive sub connected to my 10" powered sub in my dd. It looks like a simple system, but in fact with the right disc or a good file, the bass is phenomenal!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:56 PM   #44
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
Name:  IMG_1025.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  483.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1026.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  152.4 KB
Here is my set up. Sounds much better than the stock system. Also sounds better than when I had the 2011 and had only one single that sat in the left side of the trunk
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:37 PM   #45
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
Attachment 1017468

Attachment 1017469
Here is my set up. Sounds much better than the stock system. Also sounds better than when I had the 2011 and had only one single that sat in the left side of the trunk
Looks nice to
Old 02-04-2020, 07:10 PM   #46
mkmgraham

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Thanks for posting this, I as well am on a budget for a 10" sub and now considering the Pioneer setup. Did you try facing it rear centered in the car? How did that sound? Still happy with the setup?
2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic/Silver stripes, black Interior. Halo conversion, Diode Dynamics grill lighting, LED interior and fog lights. Sundown 8" DVC, Altrend 300.1 Amp, Handmade side-mount box. Soon to be BBK Headers and hi-flow cats.
mkmgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #47
Chomorro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmgraham View Post
Thanks for posting this, I as well am on a budget for a 10" sub and now considering the Pioneer setup. Did you try facing it rear centered in the car? How did that sound? Still happy with the setup?
I love it! I'm going to install the bass boost knob though soon. I got it sounding good for me on radio stations but for some reason bluetooth streaming has a much lower bass signal.

Yes I did face it rear, centered in the car. It introduced a lot of rattle since it was directly touching the rear deck and wedged under it.

Right now it has minimal rattle. Once I figure out the rattle situation I think it will sound good facing the rear. But I havent gotten around to placing dynamat.

I'm still experimenting with the bass boost frequency knob, adjustments actually make a big difference in the sound.

Oh yeah, I'm considering purchasing the pop stopping wire adapter as well. The sub pops when opening a door or shutting the car off. Nothing crazy but its noticable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Chomorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #48
mkmgraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomorro View Post
I love it! I'm going to install the bass boost knob though soon. I got it sounding good for me on radio stations but for some reason bluetooth streaming has a much lower bass signal.

Yes I did face it rear, centered in the car. It introduced a lot of rattle since it was directly touching the rear deck and wedged under it.

Right now it has minimal rattle. Once I figure out the rattle situation I think it will sound good facing the rear. But I havent gotten around to placing dynamat.

I'm still experimenting with the bass boost frequency knob, adjustments actually make a big difference in the sound.

Oh yeah, I'm considering purchasing the pop stopping wire adapter as well. The sub pops when opening a door or shutting the car off. Nothing crazy but its noticable.

Is the wire long enough to reach the front? Never heard of pop stopping wire...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic/Silver stripes, black Interior. Halo conversion, Diode Dynamics grill lighting, LED interior and fog lights. Sundown 8" DVC, Altrend 300.1 Amp, Handmade side-mount box. Soon to be BBK Headers and hi-flow cats.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:02 PM   #49
mkmgraham

Quote:

https://caraudioadvice.com/how-to-fi...-turn-off-pop/

Did you connect to the remote wire to the BA amp or just use the speaker level turn on?

Old 02-04-2020, 08:07 PM   #50
Chomorro

Quote:

Yeah the bass boost knob wire is plenty long enough.

Sorry I didn't know what it was called. Here is the description.

We Highly recommend picking up of our Pre-Amp Filters (SNI-1)*in the related products below to go along with your harness.* Add one to your order as it makes a nice combination with the harness, plus it's great insurance as it protects amps from the dreaded DC voltage in the Camaro's audio signal.* Plug this device into the harness and plug your rca cables into it.* The SNI-1 will eliminate the dc voltage in the line, which makes the signal much safer for all amps and often times eliminates the turn off thump.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:28 AM   #51
mkmgraham

Quote:
Yeah the bass boost knob wire is plenty long enough.

Sorry I didn't know what it was called. Here is the description.

We Highly recommend picking up of our Pre-Amp Filters (SNI-1)*in the related products below to go along with your harness.* Add one to your order as it makes a nice combination with the harness, plus it's great insurance as it protects amps from the dreaded DC voltage in the Camaro's audio signal.* Plug this device into the harness and plug your rca cables into it.* The SNI-1 will eliminate the dc voltage in the line, which makes the signal much safer for all amps and often times eliminates the turn off thump.

Check out the UT-4 from parts express. I put a box in my trunk last weekend and it seems like nice stuff. I then put a layer of Frost King on top of that. Will see how it does. Cheap too from a co-budget friendly builder

Old 02-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #52
Chomorro

Quote:
Check out the UT-4 from parts express. I put a box in my trunk last weekend and it seems like nice stuff. I then put a layer of Frost King on top of that. Will see how it does. Cheap too from a co-budget friendly builder

Thanks! I ended up buying noico 80 mill for $20 for 10 square feet awhile ago.

So if the vibration is coming from let's say the rear speaker deck. Covering the trunk floor will get rid of it not the rear deck structure? Havent tried anything yet but trying to figure out how it works.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #53
mkmgraham

Quote:
Thanks! I ended up buying noico 80 mill for $20 for 10 square feet awhile ago.

So if the vibration is coming from let's say the rear speaker deck. Covering the trunk floor will get rid of it not the rear deck structure? Havent tried anything yet but trying to figure out how it works.

I doubt it. I did the floors sides and some on the underside of the deck in preparation for a sub and to help kill some road noise. Noico was my next choice. Next is the doors.