Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-06-2010, 11:56 PM   #43
Five0

Drives: 2010 2SS
Forgot qiknana was still signed in. That's why she doesn't let me drive it. Duh
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:16 AM   #44
scnhra

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS White
Send a message via ICQ to scnhra
Hey, guys just a heads up. Make sure to look at our Raffle items. We have over 60 diffrent drawings. Each gift is at least a $30 value average is $75. With many of them RIDES in aircraft. Ticket are sold at the stage and some of the Hooters girls will be selling them. $2 each or 3 for $5.
We are planning on a BIG show and a great time.
Make sure to bring a tent and SPF 5000. It is going to be hot.

P.S. There is a comment card in your goodie bag make sure to fill it out. That is the only way we know how to make it better next year. You could just tell me but then everyone looks at me like I just want something else. lol
Old 05-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #45
ITMerc
Account Suspended

Drives: A.R.D. 1500, LSX Twin Turbo
I'll be there with the H-Town crew.
ITMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #46
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
All camaros are welcome to meet us at the Texaco/JITB on hiway 3 and dixie farm road. We'll prepare there and then drive in together. The picture with the Apache will be taken right after you go in the gate. Meet around 7:30.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #47
One Bad Vette

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 2SS 1LE
What im not welcome to meet up too lol? I noticed you said camaros

2013 Victory Red 2SS 1LE
One Bad Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #48
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

lol anyone can of course. There will be mostly camaros in our group though
Old 05-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #49
scnhra

Sorry guys I could not get to you. I tried. The B-17 wanted to leave and one of them did befor 3:00. I am going to work on somthing special next year. I hope you had a good time, that is what it is all about. Let me know you though I am open to anything.
I know of one thing that happened and that was the wait to park. We had a large heard and a small area. Well that hit the fan. Especially those guys with big motors and little fans. Well I have a solution to that I think. So without haroing on that let me know it is the only way the show get better.
Also Houston Raceway park want a large group of people out for Super Chevy I will be promotting that for them on here so stay tuned.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #50
Five0

I think it was a jam up event. I wondered why they just couldn't put the cars on the pad and move the aircraft and police stuff over a bit. I see they overflowed that way anyhow. That narrow strip was a bi---. I had a great time!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:28 AM   #51
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Yes I think folks had a great time. My Family and friends enjoyed it.

I did not look you up at the event as I knew you probably were a bit busy with the turnout. I figured the B-17 folks did not want to participate in the pics. The two weeks leading up to the event was pretty telling on their part. Even though I like the B17 I didn't even go look at them, much less purchase a ride.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:09 AM   #52
scnhra

Ha. Don't blame them to much there excuses were valid. The museum is trying to move to Ellington if they do it will not be an issue any longer. Getting that bird home and in the hangar is a bear and the guys are all volunteer on the crew they would like to go home at night too.

Pavement, I tell you we had a wonderful day of weather. Last year is was so freaking hot you could not keep the sweat out of your eye,s. Out on the taxilane where we were is really a coll set-up and I got comments last year ans yesterday on how neat everyone thought it was. However a hic-up on our part caused some problems. We at the airport were not all on the same page on timeline on when that new sod needed to be placed out there. It was done TUESDAY. Last year all the cars parked on the grass whith the front tires touching the concrete. Well I would not have parked my car on that grass do I sure was going to ask anyone with alot better ride that mine to do it. So we stayed on the pavement and well it was tight. Now back to the hot thing. We will end up putting this show on the ramp just like where the overflow was due to expansion of the airport. So then the issue becomes heat it gets HOTTTTTT on that ramp and there is no way to tie down your tent. That will be obstacles in the future to work on.

On more thing the Low-Riders was it a positive, negative, or a wash in your opinion with them being there?
Old 05-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #53
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

I know the 17s are crewed by all volunteers. I did not know that the museum is trying to move to Ellington. That would be great as I WOULD be going there more often. That would be very nice.

I never ventured over where the low riders were. I don't see any problem with them being at this event. Looked like they had a good turnout too. It was nice that they were seperated a bit.

The weather did turn out very nice. Had a nice breeze all day and cloudy. All us old folks like it that way.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #54
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by scnhra View Post
Sorry guys I could not get to you. I tried. The B-17 wanted to leave and one of them did befor 3:00. I am going to work on somthing special next year. I hope you had a good time, that is what it is all about. Let me know you though I am open to anything.
I know of one thing that happened and that was the wait to park. We had a large heard and a small area. Well that hit the fan. Especially those guys with big motors and little fans. Well I have a solution to that I think. So without haroing on that let me know it is the only way the show get better.
Also Houston Raceway park want a large group of people out for Super Chevy I will be promotting that for them on here so stay tuned.
My suggestion if you can do anything about it is...

Maybe have a few more food vendors out there or at least the ones that come sell what they are advertising on the side of their trailers. There wasn't a very good selection of kid friendly foods.

As far as the Low Riders, I plea the fifth.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #55
Five0

Just a small suggestion, wouldn't it help with judges if the classes were together. And kudo's to everyone that worked it. That's a large undertaking for sure.

Low Riders,,,,, :updown: Pleading fifth also
Old 05-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #56
scnhra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
My suggestion if you can do anything about it is...

Maybe have a few more food vendors out there or at least the ones that come sell what they are advertising on the side of their trailers. There wasn't a very good selection of kid friendly foods.

As far as the Low Riders, I plea the fifth.
I have to say I did not make it to any of the vendors trailers. What exactly was on the side of the trailer that was not sold?
Hotters should have had wings, bonless wings, fried opickeles and french fries. Red River should have had Chopped beef sandwich, Sausage on a stick and chips. There also should have been a cookie vendor, snow cones, italian ice cream, dipping dots, and one vendor selling Turkey Legs, Texas Tater, Roasted Corn, Cotton Candy in a bag. Let me know what they was on the trailer so that it will not happen next year.

You guys are awesome on the lowriders. My main thing was I knew I could keep them seperate and it is was an extra $2070 to go to the charities. I will say I had to be told they were coming for I was against it. Alla in all though I think it was ok but that was from my perspective which is a bit skewed.

Third is there any one interested with some experience in helping put on next year show hit me up.