Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 06-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #5727
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweck View Post
What's up everyone? My name's Shane, I'm a newbie Camaro guy here.

I just picked up a used 2010 2ss/rs last friday, and so far I'm loving it. It's all black, and was traded in to the dealer with 2700miles on it.

This is my first domestic sports car, I have been pretty active in the DSM (eclipse/talon) and Mitsubishi Evo community for a long time. Along the way I have built a ton of very fast and fun cars, but found myself looking for something different and more fun to just cruise around.

I'm happy to have found this forum, and hope to meet up with you guys at some point in time!

Sell it now, before it drains the life out of you (and your checkbook) !
Anyways, welcome to the forum. Just watch out for Tom. He's from Jersey, or one of those east-coast states.

Rob
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #5728
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS RS M6/ 07 C6 Z06
Send a message via MSN to walhan_qtr Send a message via Yahoo to walhan_qtr Send a message via Skype™ to walhan_qtr
Welcome Shane..... you will love the maro! no need to worry about IC pipes coming off or running high boost just to keep up with us :P
- 10 Black Camaro LS3, 2SS/RS, H/C/I, bolt-ons, Spec. (470whp/450wtq).
- 07 Black Corvette C6(SOLD).
- 98 White/Red Corvette C5(SOLD).

walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #5729
ARMYRockyMtn

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
I don't think you mean me right? I'm from Brooklyn, NY and I'm Thomas as well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
Sell it now, before it drains the life out of you (and your checkbook) !
Anyways, welcome to the forum. Just watch out for Tom. He's from Jersey, or one of those east-coast states.

Rob
Old 06-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #5730
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYRockyMtn View Post
I don't think you mean me right? I'm from Brooklyn, NY and I'm Thomas as well.......
No..the "other" Tom. But now that I know we have two, we better all watch out!! My step-dad was from Brooklyn. Flatbush Ave... U guys are all crazy!

If I ever get my car back together, we can try and meet up at one of the local meets in the 'Springs...but that's a long shot still.
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #5731
angelicsowner

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@LGMAC View Post
Laramie show will NOT be on July 9th, will post new date when I know it
What the hell! I just found out we were gonna be able to go and now you're moving the date!

Old 06-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #5732
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Drives: 99' Camaro 404 TT
Hello all...
Got some A.I.R. updates.

1st off Joes Car is completed as of 8pm tonight... I'll post up pics and videos of the car after he takes delivery tomorrow, as I dont want to spoil the supprises on some of the custom work that has been done for the last 2-3 weeks.

Well here's one photo fron tonight at your local E85 station....

The car fired up initially 3 weeks ago, since then 3 custom new systems have been added, as we saw that the car would not handle the power as is.

-Cooling System upgrade,
-Complete Fuel system upgrade with Mechanical Fuel Pressure Regulator (Boost referenced),
-Custom Tensioning System to eliminate Belt Slip and maximize Horse Power.

As many of you know, we pretty much went all out on this build. The goal in mind was to have the ultimate Streetcar, Powerful, streetable, safe and reliable and down right nasty. I think we hit our target.

Run down of the car...

Complete A.I.R. Forged Long Block.
Includes Callies and Weisco Internals,
Full ARP Head Studs and Custom Copper Coated Head Gaskets
A.I.R. 363CFM Ported Heads w/Extreme duty Ferra Exhaust valves
A.I.R. Custom Grind "Twin Screw Style" Camshaft. 23x/24x .6xx .6xx 115LSA +2

Whipple 2.9L Twin Screw w/Custom 10rib belt drive & A.I.R. fabbricated Tensioning system, and custom 10Rib Blower pulley. (Even Whipple does not offer this pulley, nor have they stated they pushed the blower this hard on a Camaro yet. Though, they said the blower will handle it!!) That's all I needed to hear! Set me in motion !!

Fuel system = Liginfelter Twin Pumps feeding 85lb Injectors, and Custom Fuel system w/Aeromotive Regulator (Boost Referenced).

SPEC Stage 4 Clutch w/Safty Tranny Blanket installed
Upgraded Axles 1500 HP capable
Nitto NT05's on their way, This car will need it.

Full Suspension System upgrade Including Subframe connectors.

Upgraded Cooling system Includes,
Radiator, Extra Heat exchanger, 4 Cooling fans, Secondary Fans Activation system adjustible from 90Deg F to 210Deg F, Fans set for 110Deg F) and Cabin mounted Switch to turn on system for the Track.

Boost and Wide Band Gauges Installed.
Dual Cut-outs open and close by the switch of a button in the center console.

Any many more, too many to mention...

Feild note from tonight, driving it around and working on the tune.. It's a monster...

10.5 psi of boost at a mere 1600 rpms...
14psi at 2600 rpms,
I saw as high as 17psi of boost at 4000 rpms, but cannot keep track.

Need to verrify these boost levels, as if they are accurate, thats down right NUTS !! The Blower is rated for 19psi at Sealevel, we were expecting 16psi at peak, not 17psi at 4000 rpms, but again very few if any have pushed the Whipple this hard, so here we go !

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

Oh... And another good Thing happening...

The 1st LS3 427 (that I know of) has just been Completed today. Here's a Pic.

LS3 427ci 12 to 1 compression
A.I.R. Ported Heads w/Custom 5 Angle Valve Job, (new option since the last month, add's Aprox 8cfm)
Lances Cam that he had before, didnt know the Cam specs.
Spec Clutch w/Billit Flyheel

And many other options..

This is going in Lance's Car.. Wont be long till this is up and running as well..

Off to BED.... !!! I deserve it...
Clint@A.I.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #5733
Brian@LGMAC

Drives: a slow 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicsowner View Post
What the hell! I just found out we were gonna be able to go and now you're moving the date!

it is not I that is changing the date, I am just the messanger
Brian@LGMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #5734
sweck

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by walhan_qtr View Post
Welcome Shane..... you will love the maro! no need to worry about IC pipes coming off or running high boost just to keep up with us :P
Keeping up hasn't been too much of a problem! Last time she was up at the track on the old setup (2 years ago), she was running 11.20s

Glad to hear the colorado crowd has some personality, disfunctional isn't always a bad thing lol.

Camaro shouldn't break the wallet too bad! Probably going to keep her pretty mild... I'm thinking head work/cam/exhaust and some visuals. Just keep it as a fun weekend driver.

Anything problematic I should watch out for that the dealer can handle? TSBs/Recalls?

Clint I'm digging the work! Looks and sounds awesome, what are you using for engine management to tune that beast?
sweck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #5735
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
CLINT!!! Take it easy on my tires.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #5736
ARMYRockyMtn

Wow, Clint that is beyond sick.....I just may have to take the trek out there to see what you could do for my sixer....those cars look like beasts.....
Old 06-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #5737
ARMYRockyMtn

Yes we are all nuts lol.....let me know when the ride is put back together and we can cruise or go to a show for sure.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
No..the "other" Tom. But now that I know we have two, we better all watch out!! My step-dad was from Brooklyn. Flatbush Ave... U guys are all crazy!

If I ever get my car back together, we can try and meet up at one of the local meets in the 'Springs...but that's a long shot still.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #5738
ARMYRockyMtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint@A.I.R. View Post
Hello all...
Got some A.I.R. updates.

1st off Joes Car is completed as of 8pm tonight... I'll post up pics and videos of the car after he takes delivery tomorrow, as I dont want to spoil the supprises on some of the custom work that has been done for the last 2-3 weeks.

Well here's one photo fron tonight at your local E85 station....

The car fired up initially 3 weeks ago, since then 3 custom new systems have been added, as we saw that the car would not handle the power as is.

-Cooling System upgrade,
-Complete Fuel system upgrade with Mechanical Fuel Pressure Regulator (Boost referenced),
-Custom Tensioning System to eliminate Belt Slip and maximize Horse Power.

As many of you know, we pretty much went all out on this build. The goal in mind was to have the ultimate Streetcar, Powerful, streetable, safe and reliable and down right nasty. I think we hit our target.

Run down of the car...

Complete A.I.R. Forged Long Block.
Includes Callies and Weisco Internals,
Full ARP Head Studs and Custom Copper Coated Head Gaskets
A.I.R. 363CFM Ported Heads w/Extreme duty Ferra Exhaust valves
A.I.R. Custom Grind "Twin Screw Style" Camshaft. 23x/24x .6xx .6xx 115LSA +2

Whipple 2.9L Twin Screw w/Custom 10rib belt drive & A.I.R. fabbricated Tensioning system, and custom 10Rib Blower pulley. (Even Whipple does not offer this pulley, nor have they stated they pushed the blower this hard on a Camaro yet. Though, they said the blower will handle it!!) That's all I needed to hear! Set me in motion !!

Fuel system = Liginfelter Twin Pumps feeding 85lb Injectors, and Custom Fuel system w/Aeromotive Regulator (Boost Referenced).

SPEC Stage 4 Clutch w/Safty Tranny Blanket installed
Upgraded Axles 1500 HP capable
Nitto NT05's on their way, This car will need it.

Full Suspension System upgrade Including Subframe connectors.

Upgraded Cooling system Includes,
Radiator, Extra Heat exchanger, 4 Cooling fans, Secondary Fans Activation system adjustible from 90Deg F to 210Deg F, Fans set for 110Deg F) and Cabin mounted Switch to turn on system for the Track.

Boost and Wide Band Gauges Installed.
Dual Cut-outs open and close by the switch of a button in the center console.

Any many more, too many to mention...

Feild note from tonight, driving it around and working on the tune.. It's a monster...

10.5 psi of boost at a mere 1600 rpms...
14psi at 2600 rpms,
I saw as high as 17psi of boost at 4000 rpms, but cannot keep track.

Need to verrify these boost levels, as if they are accurate, thats down right NUTS !! The Blower is rated for 19psi at Sealevel, we were expecting 16psi at peak, not 17psi at 4000 rpms, but again very few if any have pushed the Whipple this hard, so here we go !

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

Oh... And another good Thing happening...

The 1st LS3 427 (that I know of) has just been Completed today. Here's a Pic.

LS3 427ci 12 to 1 compression
A.I.R. Ported Heads w/Custom 5 Angle Valve Job, (new option since the last month, add's Aprox 8cfm)
Lances Cam that he had before, didnt know the Cam specs.
Spec Clutch w/Billit Flyheel

And many other options..

This is going in Lance's Car.. Wont be long till this is up and running as well..

Off to BED.... !!! I deserve it...

Have you guys had any TT kits for V6's that you've fabricated or any SC kits?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #5739
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweck View Post

Clint I'm digging the work! Looks and sounds awesome, what are you using for engine management to tune that beast?

Running the Stock PCM, Hp Tuners to Program her. A few of the tables are problematic, like Idle AIR with the larger 102mm TB, very touchy. Also were maxing out the MAF Sensor at a mere 3700 rpms, first time I've remembered maxing out the MAF sensor.. Basically the MAF cannot read the incomming AIR flow beyond 3700 rpms, so all the fueling will be done off programming and specific calulations in the PE tables.

I've seen the max boost level today on the street with Joe riding passenger... I glanced down at it 5,500 to 6,000 rpms, Joe stated his ass puckered up, and the blood left his face as he looked like a ghost after a WOT pull...

Honestly guys, I'm still kinda in shock and the power level...

Correction on the MAF sensor... I dont remember maxing it out at such a low rpm...

Clint

Last edited by Clint@A.I.R.; 06-15-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #5740
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYRockyMtn View Post
Have you guys had any TT kits for V6's that you've fabricated or any SC kits?

No, But were willing to give her a shot !!

Clint

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro