Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #575
bigrobkc

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
[QUOTE=crc91;8585671]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post

Yours came out perfectly flush man! What measurements did you use?

That is nice! It looks like some don't sit nearly that flush. I'm assuming due to the measurements and screws used??

This project is on my to do list and I want to make sure mine sits as flush as possible. With the drip tray on where does the overflow of water run to? Trying to think ahead in case I need to take any precautions with rain/snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigrobkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #576
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
Installed the Baffle today, because I have a cold air induction CAI I needed to slightly trim about half of the height of the rear lip on the baffle for about 4" starting at the wide section just before it necks down and along the skinny section. Everything fits fine so far and the provisions for snapping in the baffle worked great. Next up is cutting the hood. I started with the baffle just to confirm position of deflector or rain tray so the water would land inside the baffle and get carried off to both sides of the radiator.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #577
seanjhon

Drives: 2013 camaro
Can you post pics of the installed baffle, this is the next thing I need to get after my installation. but I am afraid my extractor sits to far down and might drip a little off. Does it snap right in?

Also where did you order the drip tray from? Link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Installed the Baffle today, because I have a cold air induction CAI I needed to slightly trim about half of the height of the rear lip on the baffle for about 4" starting at the wide section just before it necks down and along the skinny section. Everything fits fine so far and the provisions for snapping in the baffle worked great. Next up is cutting the hood. I started with the baffle just to confirm position of deflector or rain tray so the water would land inside the baffle and get carried off to both sides of the radiator.
seanjhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:44 AM   #578
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
The baffle that snaps to the radiators fans? Mine clipped right in I have an apex catch can I had to file down some of the baffle to make it sit flush.

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #579
JMT

Are you able to keep the engin cover installed or do you need to remove it to have room for the deflector to clear?
Also since I installed the baffle first then do a mock up of the deflector location I found that it dumps in front of the radiator. To land in the baffle you would need to move the location of the extractor back about 1-2". Anyone else notice this? My best guess is that if your on the highway with wind flow it wound send the water back to the baffle from the stock location.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #580
Orange2010SS

Drives: Orange 2010 2SS LS3
I just finished my install but for the life of me cannot get this baffle on. I saw the other pics posted of one installed but I just don't have openings where this thing is supposed to click in?? I have a 2010 and the part I ordered was the one given in this thread 22828415. Unless they sent me something wrong. It looks like the right part but these clips just don't line up:

Orange2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #581
JMT

I believe that they are only compatible with 2012 and up.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #582
Orange2010SS

Quote:
I believe that they are only compatible with 2012 and up.
Well crap I guess that would explain it. LOL. I have one of the three openings for the clips but not the other two.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:46 PM   #583
JMT

Check where it bends down on either side for interference. Looks like the top 3 line up. Also to the drivers side of the radiator cap on the underside there is a bracket mounted to the baffle that locks it in to keep it from lifting up. Check that area as well. The top looks correct. Do you have the square holes in the 3 top tabs on the radiator?
Old 08-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #584
Orange2010SS

Quote:
Check where it bends down on either side for interference. Looks like the top 3 line up. Also to the drivers side of the radiator cap on the underside there is a bracket mounted to the baffle that locks it in to keep it from lifting up. Check that area as well. The top looks correct. Do you have the square holes in the 3 top tabs on the radiator?
I only have one square hole on the passenger side. There's nothing under the radiator cap or the drivers side. I tried to force it on there, but on the passenger side the wiring harness there and some hoses get in the way. Maybe I can trim down some of the passenger side to at least get that one to snap in and then try to clamp it down some other way on the drivers side.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #585
JMT

Don't despair you can sell the part and it wasn't expensive or purposeful from my install as the water from the deflector is directed over the top of the radiator and in front of it unless you moved the position of the extractor back a little.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:43 AM   #586
seanjhon

hey Jmt

Was measurments did you use for your extractor from the top of the hood down for placement ? I used the measurements that the OP had but it seems as though it may drip maybe on top of the radiator, I will have to see and actually maybe pour a cup of water and see where it all lands.

Quote:
Don't despair you can sell the part and it wasn't expensive or purposeful from my install as the water from the deflector is directed over the top of the radiator and in front of it unless you moved the position of the extractor back a little.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:32 PM   #587
seanjhon

JMT I think mine drips right in the area of the radiator cap
Old 08-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #588
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
Quote:
anyone have a picture of how much metal is cut from the very front of the hole in the hood brace?
Here is the underneath side of the piece I cut out.

Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote