Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #617
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Hope everyone is doing good. I missed a couple of workouts due to shoveling out 28" of friggin' snow, talk about a good workout, that qualifies. Did I mention I HATE SNOW!!!
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #618
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
8.2 POUNDS!!!

Still making progress!! Still working out 3 days, no
shoveling snow though Working on variety in
the menu. Made some spaghetti with turkey
meatballs and it was good!! I used Dreamfields
pasta to keep the carb count down and did alot
of label reading before I picked Ragu sauce. I
learned alot reading labels - like Heart Smart isn't
always smart. It had a higher sugar content than
the Ragu did. It looked the best of the bunch, but
if anyone has any other recommendations, please
share. Also brought it to work for lunch not dinner-
get those carbs earlier in the day

11.8 lbs to go
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #619
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
It seems you are putting a lot of effort on the exercise part. That is very important for oveall health as well as elivating metabolism and energy levels and adding shape and definition to the body but the reality is you must get your diet in check. There is no way around it. Skipping breakfast or any meal is not desireable and there are always ways to fit nutrition in but it does take some effort. Breakfast can be as simple as a scoop of protein powder in water or milk and a peice of fruit but you have to eat.

If you follow this thread you will see those who have the most consistent fat loss have got a good handle on their diets, not a lot of "oh I messed up days" or so called cheat days but consistent good eating habits.
I went out today about bought a container of that Whey Protein stuff and I am a little pissed because only half of the container is actually full, feel like I just got ripped off.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #620
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I went out today about bought a container of that Whey Protein stuff and I am a little pissed because only half of the container is actually full, feel like I just got ripped off.

You didn't get ripped off but I know what you mean. Whey is expensive anyway, and it is sold by weight so a container usually is no where near full.

What kind of Whey did you buy?

It's always best to eat your calories so use it sparingly. When you can't eat is where you use this or when you eat a meal that is low on protein. ALWAYS EAT/DRINK YOUR PROTEIN.

I'm not sure if you have any kind of structured diet, if not, we can help you get started either by looking back through the thread or by asking specific questions. I will be more than happy to help.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #621
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
8.2 POUNDS!!!

Still making progress!! Still working out 3 days, no
shoveling snow though Working on variety in
the menu. Made some spaghetti with turkey
meatballs and it was good!! I used Dreamfields
pasta to keep the carb count down and did alot
of label reading before I picked Ragu sauce. I
learned alot reading labels - like Heart Smart isn't
always smart. It had a higher sugar content than
the Ragu did. It looked the best of the bunch, but
if anyone has any other recommendations, please
share. Also brought it to work for lunch not dinner-
get those carbs earlier in the day

11.8 lbs to go

That's good news again. Seems like you're right on target. I've been expecting a week with no weight loss as it does happen sometimes but so far this is great.

You're getting good with the food choices, I actually use Dreamfields as well. It's got a better texture than some whole wheat pastas and has lower carbs and is lower on the glycemic index than some.

Reading labels is so important. Why the goverment doesn't crack down on nutrition labels is beyond me. They often use terms like heart healthy, reduced fat, or 20% less fat or put stuff in huge letters like no trans fat, or reduced sugar or made with whole grains or put a huge Vitamin B etc label on it but it's decieving as hell. A product can have no/low fat so you think you're making a smart choice but it can have tons of sugar or hydrogenated oils in it, which after you eat it ends up as fat. 20% less fat, well that's good but one question, 20% less than what. You can have a pile of shit and add a vitamin to it, it's still a pile of shit. That's why you must learn to and read the ingredient list.

I don't use spagetti sauce but use diced tomatoes with NO SALT ADDED. All tomatoes and tomato products have fructos which is a naturally occuring sugar in all fruits so you won't find one with no sugar but if you can find one that say's NO ADDED SUGAR then it is the natural sugar not added processed sugar. A can of diced or crushed tomatoes with no added sugar has about 3-4 g sugar, some spagetti sauces may have 7-8 and that's not to bad, some are upward of 14-15 easily. Again the ingredient list tells all, if it has natural sugar it won't be on the list, if the ingredients say sugar then it's added processed sugar.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #622
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
You didn't get ripped off but I know what you mean. Whey is expensive anyway, and it is sold by weight so a container usually is no where near full.

What kind of Whey did you buy?

It's always best to eat your calories so use it sparingly. When you can't eat is where you use this or when you eat a meal that is low on protein. ALWAYS EAT/DRINK YOUR PROTEIN.

I'm not sure if you have any kind of structured diet, if not, we can help you get started either by looking back through the thread or by asking specific questions. I will be more than happy to help.
I bought Six Star Whey Protein Plus Elite Series in Cookies and Cream.

I usually don't have time for breakfast in the morning and was going to mix a scoop of the Whey with milk in the morning for breakfast. As of now I don't have any diet of sort. I'll look through this thread and see what has been suggested
Old 02-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #623
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
That's good news again. Seems like you're right on target. I've been expecting a week with no weight loss as it does happen sometimes but so far this is great.

You're getting good with the food choices, I actually use Dreamfields as well. It's got a better texture than some whole wheat pastas and has lower carbs and is lower on the glycemic index than some.

Reading labels is so important. Why the goverment doesn't crack down on nutrition labels is beyond me. They often use terms like heart healthy, reduced fat, or 20% less fat or put stuff in huge letters like no trans fat, or reduced sugar or made with whole grains or put a huge Vitamin B etc label on it but it's decieving as hell. A product can have no/low fat so you think you're making a smart choice but it can have tons of sugar or hydrogenated oils in it, which after you eat it ends up as fat. 20% less fat, well that's good but one question, 20% less than what. You can have a pile of shit and add a vitamin to it, it's still a pile of shit. That's why you must learn to and read the ingredient list.

I don't use spagetti sauce but use diced tomatoes with NO SALT ADDED. All tomatoes and tomato products have fructos which is a naturally occuring sugar in all fruits so you won't find one with no sugar but if you can find one that say's NO ADDED SUGAR then it is the natural sugar not added processed sugar. A can of diced or crushed tomatoes with no added sugar has about 3-4 g sugar, some spagetti sauces may have 7-8 and that's not to bad, some are upward of 14-15 easily. Again the ingredient list tells all, if it has natural sugar it won't be on the list, if the ingredients say sugar then it's added processed sugar.

thanks for the explaination. If I was any kind of cook I'd make my own I'll poke around and find a recipe, but this was the lowest sugar I could find. Overall it was the best of the bunch.

Thanks for the continuing help and support - I hoping for 1 more lb next week
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #624
CFD

Quote:
I bought Six Star Whey Protein Plus Elite Series in Cookies and Cream.

I usually don't have time for breakfast in the morning and was going to mix a scoop of the Whey with milk in the morning for breakfast. As of now I don't have any diet of sort. I'll look through this thread and see what has been suggested
I usually recomend Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey because it is a good quality whey and has a decent price tag.

Muscle Tech is a company who's products I tend to shy away from. When buying whey, which is rather expensive, you only want to pay for the whey, Muscle Tech throws everything but the kitchen sink in there products, it's mostly useless and just adds label decoration. Here is the label from the ON compared to Muscle Techs. If you look at the muscle tech's it has sugars, flours, oils,salt THIS I FIND UNBELIVEABLE HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. High fructose corn syrup should be avoided in all foods, no exceptions, period. I would use it as you purchased it but don't buy it again. The label of the ON is what most good quality whey's look like.

If you go to pg 22 post 540 you will see a post I made that will give you an idea on how to set up meals, not knowing your stats I can't be more exact. If you want to post or pm me this info I can be more precise gender, age, weight, height and activity level(work, exercise)
Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #625
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
thanks for the explaination. If I was any kind of cook I'd make my own I'll poke around and find a recipe, but this was the lowest sugar I could find. Overall it was the best of the bunch.

Thanks for the continuing help and support - I hoping for 1 more lb next week
You can continue with the sauce that you have, it's not too bad compared to some. The other thing is, most spagetti sauces' serving size is 1/2 cup. If you are eating the recomended portion size of pasta, most likely 2 oz and add 1/2 cup sauce you are drowning it. if you use a couple of tabespoons full then the sugar and other macro's are a lot less so all in all it's not going to kill the meal.

Always glad to help.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #626
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
I usually recomend Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey because it is a good quality whey and has a decent price tag.

Muscle Tech is a company who's products I tend to shy away from. When buying whey, which is rather expensive, you only want to pay for the whey, Muscle Tech throws everything but the kitchen sink in there products, it's mostly useless and just adds label decoration. Here is the label from the ON compared to Muscle Techs. If you look at the muscle tech's it has sugars, flours, oils,salt THIS I FIND UNBELIVEABLE HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. High fructose corn syrup should be avoided in all foods, no exceptions, period. I would use it as you purchased it but don't buy it again. The label of the ON is what most good quality whey's look like.

If you go to pg 22 post 540 you will see a post I made that will give you an idea on how to set up meals, not knowing your stats I can't be more exact. If you want to post or pm me this info I can be more precise gender, age, weight, height and activity level(work, exercise)
OK thanks, guess I should have done some research before I went out and bought some but it is alright.

I don't mind posting my stats:
Male
206lbs
At work I mainly sit at a desk but do some walking around. I go to the gym about 4 days a week and lift some weights and usually do anywhere between 35-45 min on the elliptical. Then twice a week I have to go to school and it is about a 1/4mile walk from where I park to my class.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #627
CFD

Quote:
OK thanks, guess I should have done some research before I went out and bought some but it is alright.

I don't mind posting my stats:
Male
206lbs
At work I mainly sit at a desk but do some walking around. I go to the gym about 4 days a week and lift some weights and usually do anywhere between 35-45 min on the elliptical. Then twice a week I have to go to school and it is about a 1/4mile walk from where I park to my class.

Everyone makes the same mistakes at first, as long as you learn from them and make improvements everything will work out.

Suppliments are more confusing than nutrition labels. All suppliment companies make claims based on "research" but most are all hype. The thing is you now know a little more than before so you have better tools to work with.

Whereas we have no real idea of how many cals you eat daily if I were you I would start out trying to eat about 2200 cals daily. Ideally you should try to eat 5-6 times daily. We will use 6 as this would be optimal. The ratios of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat is always a good starting point so if we break it down, meals should be about

366 cals

145 cals from protein (36 g)
145 cals from carbs (36 g)
73 cals from fat (8 g)

Using this info and the food chart and method of making meals on pg 22 you should be able to see what meals should look like.

Eating 6 meals a day, roughly 2 1/2 hrs apart is quite challenging at first but after you start to get the hang of it, it will get easier. A meal doesn't have to be solid food although that's ideal but it does need a substancial protein source and carb source, so a glass of no fat milk is not a meal but no fat milk and protein powder is for example. A cup of cereal and milk is not a meal but a cup of cereal, milk and protein powder is. A piece of chicken is not a meal but a piece of chicken with some brown rice is. Fat's are very important also but don't need to be eaten with every meal but the amount posted daily is. All fat's are not equal, when we say fats we mean good fats polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. Some of these would include fish(salmon), nuts, avacardoes, olive oil, sesamee oils, flax seed etc. not saturated fats or trans fats, that means no donuts, cookies, butter or almost any processed foods, I know it's a bummer but that's the way it is.

What I will suggest is that you look over the thread where others have posted meals and we look at them and make corrections. You can also post what and when you eat and we can make suggestions to improve on it.Sometimes this aproach works best

When you lift weights do you use a specific program or just have at it?

There is a lot of info and bouncing around on my part but I'm trying to get a feel for you schedule and eating habits, as I get a better feel for it I can be more specific with my suggestions so if I'm throwing to much at you or you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #628
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Thank you for taking time to help me out I really appreciate it! Sounds like it may be a little tough to get in the habit of but I will try my hardest!

As far as lifting goes here is the schedule I keep:

Monday-Chest and Abs and 45 min on the elliptical
Tuesday- Shoulders and Back 30 min on the elliptical
Wed. Legs,Abs and 45min on the elliptical
Friday: Biceps & Triceps, Abs 30 min on the elliptical

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #629
AllBlckChvy

Drives: Black 2LS
Aminolast

Any thoughts on Aminolast? Is it good for beginners? Seems to get good reviews...
AllBlckChvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #630
CFD

Quote:
Thank you for taking time to help me out I really appreciate it! Sounds like it may be a little tough to get in the habit of but I will try my hardest!

As far as lifting goes here is the schedule I keep:

Monday-Chest and Abs and 45 min on the elliptical
Tuesday- Shoulders and Back 30 min on the elliptical
Wed. Legs,Abs and 45min on the elliptical
Friday: Biceps & Triceps, Abs 30 min on the elliptical

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'm glad to help. It is hard at first but it becomes much easier especially after you start seeing results but you must be patient and consistent with eating habits and exercise.