Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #57
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
That's total BS... you're obviously tuned by Phil. They all troll the FSP threads.
Get the heck out of here with that bs. FSP was known for lack of quality in builds. I know many people that had cars built by them and would end up blowing them up within months, take them back, and then be told they needed to buy more to avoid the issues again. Phil is a tuner while Matt was a builder and baseline/copy/slight edit of someone elses tune tuner. Say what you want about Phil but how many of the cars that hes tuned have blown up or had issues? Ive never heard of any. Ive seen some of Matts tunes...most were a baseline ecs tune with minor tweaks and were called "full custom". Doesnt make sense to call Phil or anyone else a troll in this when FSP clearly screwed a lot of people over. Cant fight the facts.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #58
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Damn ur guys pics reminds me of the work Starkweather did to my car I documented everything myself. Total crap show. I can't elaborate more about it since he told on the mods about me.

I really do hope all u guys get ur ur cars back up and running. Trust me it's the worst feeling having a awesome car with corners cut and people taking ur hard earned money.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:37 PM   #59
mark_p

Drives: 2010 2SSRS m6
Wake up people..check my corveetforum posts. Another guy just posted up where matt took 6500 dollars from him for a supercharger build and never even ordered the parts. Strung him along for weeks and juat now told him to bad. Call my lawyer..
Old 09-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #60
GetYouOne

All you guys need to come together hire an attorney and seek legal counsel or contact ur local FBI office on this matter. I can't see a bankruptcy court approving this when their is fraud involved with many customers. He thinks he's untouchable, but their are ways for you guys to get justice. Don't let him walk free when he frauded you guys out of tens of thousands.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #61
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
That's total BS... you're obviously tuned by Phil. They all troll the FSP threads.
Stock tune with nothing done by any shop other than Valone Motorsports on Fort Myers FL and they have only done suspension bits. I actually got Phil banned on here due to his unprofessional remarks about Matt and Rodney. I've aslo been to FSPs DYNO day in February of 2014 where he flew his mom in to cook for everyone. AND I went to Wannagofast Ocala and was one of the cars at FSPs booth. Check it out, even rocked a FSP window sticker and a FSP sticker on my strut brace for quite some time just because I thought that highly of FSP. The other pic is on FSPs mustang dyno and the 4th pic is at FSPs DYNO day.
You can also check out photo #23 in the gallery of this for Wannagofast ocala. Note the first car.http://www.superchevy.com/events/150...-at-jumbolair/

I'm not here to bash FSP but there have been incidents in lack of build quality.
Attached Images

Last edited by CamaroDreams76; 09-12-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:58 PM   #62
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSS4 View Post
Dumb iPad only let me upload one at a time
I know that car. Prime example of what I'm talking about.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:05 PM   #63
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
Stock tune with nothing done by any shop other than Valone Motorsports on Fort Myers FL and they have only done suspension bits. I actually got Phil banned on here due to his unprofessional remarks about Matt and Rodney. I've aslo been to FSPs DYNO day in February of 2013 where he flew his mom in to cook for everyone. AND I went to Wannagofast Ocala and was one of the cars at FSPs booth.

I'm not here to bash FSP but there have been incidents in lack of build quality.

most of our builds are done local to Texas and he tunes. And there have been a ton of tunes with no issues. Sad to see it go down like this.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #64
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Updated the quoted post.
Quote:

most of our builds are done local to Texas and he tunes. And there have been a ton of tunes with no issues. Sad to see it go down like this.
It is very sad to see it go down like this. I liked Matt and Rodney. I thnk their shop was way to small and understaffed for the volume of cars and how big the FSP name is.

Last edited by Moderator1; 09-12-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:38 PM   #65
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I love all the armchair quarterbacks. All the people who say, "you should have done", or "why didn't you do"

My experience with FSP is well documented on this site. Its no surprise to anybody on here that I was a huge cheerleader/fanboy of FSP. Most likely one of their largest supporters. Prior to me ever even owning a Camaro, I used to deal with Matt, back when I was in this business for a living. He used to help me when I was stumped on a car. All I can say is Matt was, to me, always a stand up guy who did all he could to help me out. It never mattered to him about the money. It was, to him, always about helping people and making a buck, but never was it about making a buck first.

As for their back in the day problems. Tell me one shop that has a perfect and spotless record. Where they made no mistakes, and everybody was happy.....

Truth is FSP was well known across the country as one of the top LS shops. Not just a good shop, but among the top/best in the business. There are plenty of his customers, myself included who would ship their cars to him, even when there were other shops closer to us.

I have spent over 35 grand with FSP. At times It was direct transfers into his bank account. At times it was CC. Sometimes it was cash. Never over the last two and a half years, has it bitten me in the ass. A lot of people can say that same thing, They have had the same experience as me. Infact more people have had good experiences with FSP than bad.

The sad fact is that when you build that kind of trust, you can do a lot of damage. With great power comes great responsibility. So how would the people, including myself, have known any better? I mean he as run a clean operation for years. With thousands of customers......Developed a reputation as one of the go to shops.

I am so mad at myself for getting screwed over. I am not even happy to have my car back after a year under the knife. I have more than a few minor issues with my car, and a couple major ones. Issues that I paid for to have fixed. But now won't be fixed by him. I may as well have wiped my ass with the last bit of money I spent with him. Also after pulling the tune today. I can honestly tell that he was half assing things and quality was not his intention.

I AM SO MAD, BUT I REMIND MYSELF ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PICKING UP PARTS OF THEIR CARS, AND NOT THE WHOLE THING. People who spend money and got nothing in return. I feel for them, and it reminds me that I was lucky.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
Old 09-12-2016, 11:34 PM   #66
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Damn. What a shit show. Hopefully karma hits HARD.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:40 AM   #67
mark_p

I am starting a thread on the corvette forum to aid in getting charges filed against Matt for fraid with intent. I have gotten several PM's from camaro 5 members about what was done to them by matt in the last month or so. This guy is a real low life that has robbed people for months now aproaching his "shop closing" and is now trying to hide behind his lawyer. What he dont know is that he has comitted felonies in his attemt to stock pile cash before his closing. We are easily in the 6 digits range in money alone that was stolen. I will gladly lead the way in insuring he serves prison time for what he has done.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:44 AM   #68
GetYouOne

Exactly what I would do. Good luck to all you guys! If u can't get ur money back at least u guys can get justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_p View Post
I am starting a thread on the corvette forum to aid in getting charges filed against Matt for fraid with intent. I have gotten several PM's from camaro 5 members about what was done to them by matt in the last month or so. This guy is a real low life that has robbed people for months now aproaching his "shop closing" and is now trying to hide behind his lawyer. What he dont know is that he has comitted felonies in his attemt to stock pile cash before his closing. We are easily in the 6 digits range in money alone that was stolen. I will gladly lead the way in insuring he serves prison time for what he has done.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:45 AM   #69
mark_p

Amd for you moderators. I am no troll from the vette forum. I own both a 2010 camaro with an lsx 454 swap and a 2016 corvette. I have also been a camaro5 member since 2009...
Old 09-13-2016, 12:55 AM   #70
GetYouOne

How much did u lose Mark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_p View Post
Amd for you moderators. I am no troll from the vette forum. I own both a 2010 camaro with an lsx 454 swap and a 2016 corvette. I have also been a camaro5 member since 2009...

Closed Thread