Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-13-2015, 02:02 PM   #57
amerimuscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Don't get me wrong I masterbate to the ERL superdeck
amerimuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #58
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerimuscle View Post
Don't get me wrong I masterbate to the ERL superdeck
Me too 8 more weeks and should have mine.
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:24 PM   #59
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerimuscle View Post
Hahah I make mess of trousers laughing from that vid. So question is : is it worth it to go back on the cam and headers for twins or would it not be worth all the work if say u slap on a ysi to a car that's basically setup for a SC ? Stock shortblock and stock 6l80
Your cam is fine for a turbo setup.

Cyber, I agree. If someone actually saw all the options in person, and rode in all of them, everyone would get the AGP kits.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #60
pancherj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Does the OP want a roll-racer that can be driven daily or a daily driver that can do some roll-racing? I have an ECS kit that has a torque curve similar to the TT shown above. Up top, it is great. Everything to the left of 3500rpms...not so great (not really much better than stock). I have a friend with a KB on his cobra. That is the kind of low end grunt that makes a fun daily driver! It is still pretty quick at the strip too.

OP...be honest with yourself on what you really want. I spend 99% of my time to the left of 3500RPMs. For me, my existing setup is nice, but not optimal.

I'd like to see the torque curve on one of these Heartbeat setups!
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:48 PM   #61
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
Agreed this was stock engine, stock exhaust, stock cam, stock heads. IPS TT kit at 9.5psi
It is indeed pretty damn amazing the HP/TQ that the TT systems can put out. It just goes to show you how much power the belt driven drive systems on the other blowers take out of the engine. Because for the most part, 8 psi, is 8 psi no matter how you get it, and the engine is going to have the same limits for that 8 psi in terms of fuel and spark no matter how you give it. I think the TT system can also deliver a cooler air charge which helps a bit too...but the free energy from the exhaust is what really allows the turbo to hit the high mark.

So in the end, there is roughly 100-150 horse being gobbled up by that belt drive.

I still love my Kenne Bell...but turbos are awesome units as well and clearly wear the crown for high HP/TQ marks on the dyno graph.

Lots of cool options!!!!
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #62
amerimuscle

It's not a DD, the cam in it now is the JRE rough idle blower cam
Old 05-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #63
amerimuscle

I'm not too concerned with much of what happens to the left of 3500 rpm
Old 05-13-2015, 03:10 PM   #64
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I just don't get people flooring it all the time. If you want to go fast downshift. If you aren't WOT below 3500 then you always have more on tap by just adding more throttle.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:44 PM   #65
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Twins belong on 5th gens. I would use them but not switching my setup now unless I find a money tree plus I like my centri. When it comes to PD's I just say no.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:34 PM   #66
davisonss

Drives: 2014 camaro 2ss
Like I said before TT has a lot of advantages. If I had the means to go really big I would definitely go agp and probably do a stroker while adding some forged internals to make a HP monster.

Yes you can make turbo setups that "out torque" a pd blower by not using turbos too large. But even then the torque curve often has a major peak then power falls of quickly. Taking the dyno posted by cyber predator as example,Peaking at 708 at 4.5k rpm. Just 1k rpm lower at 3.5k there is almost a loss of 200 ft/lb. At 6k rpm its already lost 100 ft/lb. That is not a big powerband to work with.

Compare that with most pd blowers where you rarely loose more than 50-70 ft/lbs from peak through out the entirety of the rpm range. Where ever you shift you will be in the power.

There are lots of advantages to Centri's, and TT that aren't being discussed here such as IATs and weight distribution. But in regards to the OP wants of a 700 rwhp street machine/roll racer, those just blatantly disregarding a pd's usefulness at this task aren't doing the OP any favors.
davisonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:36 PM   #67
amerimuscle

Thanks for that perspective davison
Old 05-13-2015, 05:38 PM   #68
amerimuscle

So how do you feel about a nice centri setup that gets more powerful as rpm climbs
Old 05-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #69
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by davisonss View Post
Like I said before TT has a lot of advantages. If I had the means to go really big I would definitely go agp and probably do a stroker while adding some forged internals to make a HP monster.

Yes you can make turbo setups that "out torque" a pd blower by not using turbos too large. But even then the torque curve often has a major peak then power falls of quickly. Taking the dyno posted by cyber predator as example,Peaking at 708 at 4.5k rpm. Just 1k rpm lower at 3.5k there is almost a loss of 200 ft/lb. At 6k rpm its already lost 100 ft/lb. That is not a big powerband to work with.

Compare that with most pd blowers where you rarely loose more than 50-70 ft/lbs from peak through out the entirety of the rpm range. Where ever you shift you will be in the power.

There are lots of advantages to Centri's, and TT that aren't being discussed here such as IATs and weight distribution. But in regards to the OP wants of a 700 rwhp street machine/roll racer, those just blatantly disregarding a pd's usefulness at this task aren't doing the OP any favors.
You should overlay a dyno sheet from a PD blower bolted to a 100% stock LS3 car and see who's got more power under the curve. Who's got more torque at redline (TT carries 125lbft more at redline). It's real easy to have a flatter line on the dyno chart when it's so low. But flatter doesn't win races. Higher numbers do.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #70
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
You should overlay a dyno sheet from a PD blower bolted to a 100% stock LS3 car and see who's got more power under the curve. Who's got more torque at redline (TT carries 125lbft more at redline). It's real easy to have a flatter line on the dyno chart when it's so low. But flatter doesn't win races. Higher numbers do.
I'd race one of your 700hp twin turbo cars with my puny Whipple.
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote