Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #57
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Ford should do well with these...Not sure, but I think Subaru quit making the wagon type WRX....
That is correct, not more WRX wagon.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #58
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Subaru eliminated the hatch due to poor sales. That is one reason why i suggested this took a lot of courage.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:40 AM   #59
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
High-performance 2016 Ford Focus RS spools up 315+ hp

Track-ready compact burbles into New York auto show
Published: March 25, 2015 05:00 PM
Ford has pulled the wraps off the U.S. version of the smoking-hot Focus RS hatchback, just days ahead of its New York International Auto Show debut. The RS will be even spicier than the highly entertaining Focus ST.

Previously shown at the Geneva Motor Show last fall, the version we’ll see gets a 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine pumping out more than 315-hp and driving all four wheels. Based on the turbocharged EcoBoost engine used in the Mustang, the RS gets a larger compressor and intercooler for greater airflow, along with a less restrictive intake design. Matched with a short-throw six-speed manual transmission and upgraded clutch. That sounds like the perfect match for a showdown with the Volkswagen Golf R and Subaru WRX STI.

Ford is making the not-too-subtle claim of providing the ultimate fun-to-drive experience with the RS. A sport suspension features stiffer springs than those used in the Focus ST, along with new anti-roll bars. A torque vectoring system sends up to 100 percent of available power to the outside rear wheel to help steer the car around corners. Adjustable drive modes range from a more civilized street setting to track use, and it includes what Ford is billing as an industry-first drift mode. To help keep things under control, the hot hatch gets 19-inch wheels shod with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires developed specifically for the RS, along with oversized Brembo disc brakes.

The RS gets its own front and rear fascias, with a more aggressive design, bi-xenon headlights, larger openings for cooling, functional brake cooling ducts, and other racy-looking bits.

Inside, Recaro bucket seats, a thick, leather–wrapped steering wheel rim, additional instrumentation and alloy pedals add a racy feel. The Focus RS will also get Ford’s new Sync3 control interface, with voice controls and an 8-inch capacitive touchscreen. And should anyone forget this is not your ordinary econo-hatch, RS logos abound.

Sales are set to begin in spring 2016.

—Jim Travers

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:05 AM   #60

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...I like it....!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #61
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
Under $40K?
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #62
gen6waiter

Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
first thing I would do is De-Badge that thing...that FOCUS badge just does not fit what this car is.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:59 AM   #63
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Id rock the hell out of that, but dont have 35-40 to throw down on a second toy.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:13 PM   #64
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Still a year away. A lot of people giving Ford mega props for showing this car, the 350R and the GT as well as the Raptor. All still a year or more away. Ford is hurting to show their hand so early.

All nice pieces mind you. But you can't get any of them.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:30 PM   #65
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
A Sonic AWD turbo car would be pretty cool. I'd own one.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:42 AM   #66
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheG8forUSA View Post
When is GM going to start giving their performance cars a AWD option?
I would buy a Camaro, Corvette, or Cadillac V-car tomorrow with a V8 and a performance focused AWD system.
Despite any extra cost or weight?

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:57 AM   #67
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Here`s the thing I really don`t understand, what would be the purpose of owning an AWD car in the course of day to day and every day driving and why would you need or want to have one? Don`t get me wrong I think it`s a very cool and a trick set-up but it would only appeal to a small segment of those who drive competitively at the track or the crazy little stop light bandits. To me it just doesn`t seem to make good business sense to invest that kind of money in an AWD car that would only appeal to what I`m only guessing is a small segment and a certain type of buyer when the vast majority of cars sold today that are profitable are either FWD or RWD.

Last edited by mickss; 03-31-2015 at 10:21 AM.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:28 AM   #68
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Still a year away. A lot of people giving Ford mega props for showing this car, the 350R and the GT as well as the Raptor. All still a year or more away. Ford is hurting to show their hand so early.

All nice pieces mind you. But you can't get any of them.
You say this same exact thing in every Ford thread and it still makes no sense. Every car is revealed before it is available.

Ford is getting props because they are going to build them, unlike Chevy.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:35 AM   #69
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
Here`s the thing I really don`t understand, what would be the purpose of owning an AWD car in the course of day to day and every day driving and why would you need or want to have one? Don`t get me wrong I think it`s a very cool and a trick set-up but it would only appeal to a small segment of those who drive competitively at the track or the crazy little stop light bandits. To me it just doesn`t seem to make good business sense to invest that kind of money in an AWD car that would only appeal to what I`m only guessing is a small segment and a certain type of buyer when the vast majority of cars sold today that are profitable are either FWD or RWD.
I'm sure people in snowy regions appreciate awd. Any of those wrx's or sti's are beasts in the snow.
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:39 AM   #70
Kainedogg

Drives: Camaro
I am looking forward to seeing how this fares against the STI. It is also a shame that we lost the Evo, that was a huge blow to that sector.
Kainedogg is offline   Reply With Quote