Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #57
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
I know I shouldn't post here as I'll here alot, but I just picked up a 2012 GT500 and one of the options it has is the recaro seat option. I have to say I love them and they are very comfortable. I'd love to see this as an option in the next model year camaro/ZL1 .. I think a lot of people would want them and add that option .. it definitely makes sense on the ZL1 .. I'd say they are as functional as the ones in the CTS-V but not nearly as nice (as far as electronics and what the seat can do) as they are manual adjusted and not heated/cooled.

Crowley
...no reason at all you shouldn't post here, ...especially on this subject, ...a lot of us agree whole-heartedly with this opinion...
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #58
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
The Recaro seats are on my list to bring up to the Camaro team during our Disciple meeting.
Janet
Just make sure they are an option only... some of us don't fit in those darn things...
Old 03-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #59
YellowGTO

Drives: GTO
Maybe this is why. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...o-problem.html

The supercharger also seems to have a SC fix
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...er-rattle.html

Its the the CTSV was the test bed for the LZ1 :P
YellowGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #60
boltvette

Drives: 1963 Corvette, 2001 Corvette
Even the Recaros don't offer enough lower body lateral support for serious road course driving. Yes, they're much better than the standard seat, but they are still a compromise. The best solution is to find a racing seat that fits you, or get a set of Angel Pads.
2-seater "Camaro" w/JMS Racing LS3; C5 Z06 trans; C6 ZR1 exhaust; Dynatech catback; Ron Davis radiator; trans, diff & engine oil coolers; Pfadt JOC Stage 1 bars & shocks; C6 Z51 brakes; Angelwings C5 Track Day Bar; Angel Pads!
boltvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #61
brucedd
Account Suspended

Drives: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
I would have paid $3k in a heart beat if they were a factory option and matched the rest of interior with red stitch and ZL1 logo. I'm sure there are quite a few people that would choose this option. That's why it should be an option and not standard. If people want to pay it they can and GM would make money. Just VERY disappointing they built a car designed for track but didn't offer track ready supportive seats, especially since all the competitors do offer it. Dropped the ball in my opinion.

I would also have paid the 3K if they had color match stitching (I would love Yellow in the Rally Yellow ZL1). I ordered CRT solely because I do not like red stitching in the (premium) Yellow car.

DUMP the seat heaters, and add vented seats (Since I can't use the tires under 40 degrees, WTF do I need seat heaters for?)

The silliness of some of the option outfitting is hard to understand. No Nav STANDARD let alone as an option is insane in today's world in a 55K base vehicle. Displaying the Carbon Concept accessories and not simply licensing them for availability is strange too. We won't even restart the paint options discussion again.

All in all goofy minor issues that all disappear once the ZL1 in finally home in its new nest.
brucedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #62
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Recaros are nice!
With side bolsters, and hip bolsters...not to mention how you sink into them, you will not be moving much in the seat.
Whats also great about these seats are you can adjust the height of your thigh area, just behind the knees. This helps with fatigue on long drives or races.

I would very much choose this option at $3k however, I would prefer to have them manual and not electronic...it would be faster to adjust and much lighter too!
Clothe would be best!
Without a doubt, this should definitely be an option on cars of this caliber.

Maybe this is what the hold up is...QC on the seats!!
Sorry just had to say that.
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #63
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVENGE View Post
Keep the standard seats for the lard butts who simply refuse to lose weight and make Recaros optional for the normal sized healthy people.

ha ha.

Don't make fun of people who are bigger than you sonny boy.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #64
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
I don't think I would opt for seats that expensive. I'd rather spend that kinda dough on the performance mods. I would however opt for cooled seats because a black on black car gets hotttt.
BTW , I've not found the current seats to be lacking in comfort anyhow.
For three k I'd rather have a bigger blower...
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #65
YellowGTO

Drives: GTO
I agree! I have a black on black Avalanche LTZ and one of the best features is hitting the remote start on a hot day and having nice cool leather when you get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
I don't think I would opt for seats that expensive. I'd rather spend that kinda dough on the performance mods. I would however opt for cooled seats because a black on black car gets hotttt.
BTW , I've not found the current seats to be lacking in comfort anyhow.
For three k I'd rather have a bigger blower...
YellowGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #66
Third-Gen
Olson Kustom Works

Drives: 91 Camaro, LS3, TVS2300, TR6060
I did the conversion on the Hess ZR1 if anyone is interested in the details. Ya they bolt in once the rails have been extensively modified and adapter brackets made, but the heaters/coolers dont work, and they were out of a sedan, which means they had to be modified to let someone in the back seat. The SRS Aribags didnt work, different sensor systems and interface. And the seats had to be bought from the dealer in PIECES, which added up to around 7k I think. It was a ridiculous mod, would have been a lot easier if the OEM did it from the start.
Third-Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #67
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
The seats in the '04-06 GTO are Nieper (recaro). They are better than what is in the Camaro but not as supportive or adjustable as the ones in the CTS-v
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #68
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
If they could make them to match the interior, with suede inserts, red stitching, and ZL1 embroidered headrest I would jump all over that. Pathetic GM didn't offer as an option on a car that pull 1G+ lateral acceleration
OK -- didn't read thru this thread after the note above..... (I'll eventually get to it....)

Let me ask you this:

What price would you be willing to pay for a Recaro Seat option?

-- keep in mind that we can't just pull out a Camaro seat and bolt a Recaro in there............

Guess why.

No peeking......

(....I SAID no peeking!....)

.your answer would be:.............................

...the Camaro Seats have internal airbags. Thus, any changes to the seat would mean that we need to develop an airbag for in the Recaro (or other racing-type seat) and perform crashworthy tests (in order to meet federal safety standards)......

So -- again - what price would you (the collective group who would like to see a Recaro seat option) be willing to pay??

(....and - I'm just thinking that one shouldn't use the word 'pathetic' without thinking about it........)
Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #69
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

(....and - I'm just thinking that one shouldn't use the word 'pathetic' without thinking about it........)

People are never happy; you said it, Scott. Rest assured that 95% of the Camaro-loving population isn't calling GM engineering pathetic-- it's FAR from!

The Recaros would be a great option-- but I'm sure NOT a cheap one at all. These Camaros have such amazing crash test ratings, thanks to all the work Team Camaro does... I could see R&D for that option getting expensive fast.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #70
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilley09 View Post
Didn't realize that the CTS-V had them available....that's even more reason why the ZL1 should considering 90% of the car is based off the CTS-V. Luke, about how much would we be looking at to drop a set of those in the Camaro based on your research? I think you're definitely onto something with trying to get one of the sponsors on this site to hook us up by wrapping them in different color schemes and/or with some custom embroidering, etc. I would imagine there would have to be some money to be made in doing this, so it would be a win-win situation for everyone in my eyes.

The ZL1 is not based off the CTS-V -- completely different architectures -

CTS-V is Sigma

Camaro is Zeta Lite

Further - more than 1/4 of the parts/components on the ZL1 have unique part numbers (versus SS/LT/LS)

Not quite that simple.