Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #57
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Just to be clear, even if the difference is hundreds or even thousands of dollars?

Yes. Your word is your word. I listed my VW fiberglass buggy on thesamba.com years ago for $4000. An hour later a guy emailed me and said he would pay $3500. I told him we had a deal and gave him details to send me a deposit. I went to sleep and later that night another guy emailed and said he would pay $4000. I told him that I would let him know if the first guy didn't pan out. The first guy PayPaled me a deposit later that first day then payed the balance when he picked it up.

So yes, your word isn't measured in dollars. You can't put a price on integrity. Well I guess lots of people can. But I know the value of a handshake or a deal.

You wanna roll like that, knock yourself out. But when you get burnt because someone else offered a dollar more for an item you thought you bought, that's just life now.

If you want to sell your stuff to the highest bidder stick it on eBay. Not a fixed price forum.

One more thing http://www.askmen.com/money/mafioso_60/77b_mafia.html

Last edited by nosmr2; 09-11-2016 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Adds
nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:00 PM   #58
SmokinCarrot

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Integra-what!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post
lol Alrighty then... OP didn't lose anything in this situation. Only thing the seller could have done better is given the guy a heads up that he's selling locally.

You're right though... Good reminder for me to never sell anything on here. Too many whiners when they don't get their way. I hope you all never deal with craigslist. I'd hate to see your reaction to some of the flakes on there if you have your panties in a bunch over this.
I have seen people drink, drive and drug themselves to death. I didn't follow. But since everyone else does something stupid you think its ok? I thought lemmings were fish not people. Would you be better fried or poached? Honor is what YOU do when there's nobody around to see it. Good luck man. You need it.
SmokinCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:53 AM   #59
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany View Post
Yes, i've already made the deal. Usually once I find what I want, I dont continue to keep looking for same said item. My word is my word, a mans worth should be more than the value of saving a couple of $$$

Or you can sell your integrity to the highest bidder.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #60
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete M View Post
I guess keeping my word means more to me than to others on here.
Noted..
I've done deals that cost me more to ship than expected, but haven't gone back to the buyer for more money. Also, I've made deals online and then had someone come locally and want to buy the item. Every time, I've stuck to the original deal.
That's how Dad raised me. He taught me that if your word is worthless, you have no integrity, with no integrity, you aren't a man, even if it costs you to keep your word....
Exactly, the seller has no integrity. Maybe he is a POS, who knows. But what we do know is that you didn't lose any money nor did you get scammed. No harm done.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:34 PM   #61
Pete M
9 Year USMC Vet

Drives: 2014 1LT black on black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Exactly, the seller has no integrity. Maybe he is a POS, who knows. But what we do know is that you didn't lose any money nor did you get scammed. No harm done.
True,I didn't lose any money..
What I DID lose was a deal on some parts I have waited MONTHS to come up in the for sale section. These parts new cost $599 and I was going to get them for $195 shipped to me according to the PM I received from the seller.
Since i'm building my car on a budget and these are 2 of the last 3 parts I need to get it where I want it it was especially frustrating.
So while I didn't get scammed, I still see it as a loss.
It's very doubtful these parts will come avaliable at this price again.
Fortunately, one of the names has found another source for having the I take ported, but still it's more than these parts would have been
Old 09-12-2016, 11:45 PM   #62
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinCarrot View Post
I have seen people drink, drive and drug themselves to death. I didn't follow. But since everyone else does something stupid you think its ok? I thought lemmings were fish not people. Would you be better fried or poached? Honor is what YOU do when there's nobody around to see it. Good luck man. You need it.
lol Stop the "holier than thou" crap. It's getting ridiculous in this thread. Nothing in your first sentence is equivalent to what the seller did here. If the OP wanted the item THAT badly, he should have paid for it and sealed the deal when he had the chance.

I'll refer you to this post because it's spot on -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
I've had probably 500 online used part transactions. I've had far far far far more people back out after a deal is made than the other way around. So until money has exchanged hands, there is no deal. I've been burnt way too many times by "i'll pay you friday" "hold it for 2 days" "yah I want it, take $xxx" then never heard from again.
/thread
Old 09-13-2016, 02:44 AM   #63
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post
lol Alrighty then... OP didn't lose anything in this situation. Only thing the seller could have done better is given the guy a heads up that he's selling locally.

You're right though... Good reminder for me to never sell anything on here. Too many whiners when they don't get their way. I hope you all never deal with craigslist. I'd hate to see your reaction to some of the flakes on there if you have your panties in a bunch over this.
EXACTLY!

I am amazed that this thread is still going on....This is the kind of buyer I pray, I never get. Heaven forbid something doesn't go his way. I keep my word, but that's not the point. The point is, I think the OP is more pissed about not being chosen to get a great deal on some parts, more than the fact that the seller actually changes his mind. If he was local, and it was the other way around, the seller chose him over shipping to someone else. Tell me we would be having this conversation.

I happen to think the classifieds on C5 are awesome, you can get great parts for good or great deals. But lets face it, we are all just people, and when you expect someone to act like you were raised, or like you think they should act, your going to get dissapointed....end of story.

I agreed to buy some wheels and tires from a guy here on the forum. No money changed hands, but we had an agreement. To make a long story short, money I thought I was going to get my hands on, didn't pan out. So I didn't have enough money to buy the wheels and tires. I should have waited till I had money in hand. But the seller shit a brick, and called me every bad degrading name in the book. At the price he was asking, those wheels and tires were going to be sold in no time. but that wasn't the point to him. I understood why he was mad, and felt bad about it, genuinely felt bad. I had given someone my word. But the truth is stuff happens, and this is the real world. He had those wheels sold within two hours of relisting them.

Was I wrong? Absolutely, was I a bad person, and someone people should avoid doing business with? I'll leave that up to you. I have bought enough stuff here on C5 to know that not everybody thinks like I do. Hence, I don't place expectations on people that they can't live up to.

If your that ate up about something like this, and you never lost a penny, may I suggest that you have the seller/buyer read an online verbal agreement, before agreeing to do any business with you. You know, have a craftly little webpage that states all of your values and beliefs. This way, they know exactly what to expect from you. No grey area left.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #64
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
EXACTLY!

I am amazed that this thread is still going on....This is the kind of buyer I pray, I never get. Heaven forbid something doesn't go his way. I keep my word, but that's not the point. The point is, I think the OP is more pissed about not being chosen to get a great deal on some parts, more than the fact that the seller actually changes his mind. If he was local, and it was the other way around, the seller chose him over shipping to someone else. Tell me we would be having this conversation.

I happen to think the classifieds on C5 are awesome, you can get great parts for good or great deals. But lets face it, we are all just people,and when you expect someone to act like you were raised, or like you think they should act, your going to get dissapointed....end of story.

I agreed to buy some wheels and tires from a guy here on the forum. No money changed hands, but we had an agreement. To make a long story short, money I thought I was going to get my hands on, didn't pan out. So I didn't have enough money to buy the wheels and tires. I should have waited till I had money in hand. But the seller shit a brick, and called me every bad degrading name in the book. At the price he was asking, those wheels and tires were going to be sold in no time. but that wasn't the point to him. I understood why he was mad, and felt bad about it, genuinely felt bad. I had given someone my word. But the truth is stuff happens, and this is the real world. He had those wheels sold within two hours of relisting them.

Was I wrong? Absolutely, was I a bad person, and someone people should avoid doing business with? I'll leave that up to you. I have bought enough stuff here on C5 to know that not everybody thinks like I do. Hence, I don't place expectations on people that they can't live up to.

If your that ate up about something like this, and you never lost a penny, may I suggest that you have the seller/buyer read an online verbal agreement, before agreeing to do any business with you. You know, have a craftly little webpage that states all of your values and beliefs. This way, they know exactly what to expect from you. No grey area left.
What you're saying, in a nutshell, is you appreciate other people dealing with you in good faith but for them to not expect the same from you because you're ready, willing and able to go back on your word whenever it suits you because "that's life"? Am I interpreting what you wrote, correctly?

You appear to have failed in understanding that character and integrity are based upon widely-accepted and practiced moral and ethical codes.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:16 PM   #65
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
............ Am I interpreting what you wrote, correctly?

You appear to have failed in understanding that character and integrity are based upon widely-accepted and practiced moral and ethical codes.
I think you missed the boat man. Try reading it one more time..... Let me break it down for you again, incase you can't get it on your own.....

What I said was sometimes things happen. In my case the only time I ever went back on my word was when I was expecting a certain amount of money to come my way, and it never happened. There was nothing I could do about that. I had no choice but to go back on my word. I didn't have the money that I thought I would have. That IS life....

I am also saying for people to not expect others to act a certain way, just because its what they would do. It will save you a ton of headaches if you stop placing expectations on how other people should act. Be prepared to communicate what you expect and how you expect things to go.

I am clear on character and integrity, and what they are based on. Again what my point is, don't expect others to have the same moral and ethical codes.

Do you understand that now? Or do I need to walk you through it again slower next time?
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 09-13-2016, 03:16 PM   #66
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
What you're saying, in a nutshell, is you appreciate other people dealing with you in good faith but for them to not expect the same from you because you're ready, willing and able to go back on your word whenever it suits you because "that's life"? Am I interpreting what you wrote, correctly?

My theory?

It can not be explained to one who does not posses it.

You can teach many things, but honesty and integrity? You either have it or you do not.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:38 PM   #67
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
[QUOTE=1KillerSS;9309088]I think you missed the boat man. Try reading it one more time..... Let me break it down for you again, incase you can't get it on your own.....

What I said was sometimes things happen. In my case the only time I ever went back on my word was when I was expecting a certain amount of money to come my way, and it never happened. There was nothing I could do about that. I had no choice but to go back on my word. I didn't have the money that I thought I would have. That IS life....

I am also saying for people to not expect others to act a certain way, just because its what they would do. It will save you a ton of headaches if you stop placing expectations on how other people should act. Be prepared to communicate what you expect and how you expect things to go.

I am clear on character and integrity, and what they are based on. Again what my point is, don't expect others to have the same moral and ethical codes.

Do you understand that now? Or do I need to walk you through it again slower next time?[/QUOTE]

LMAO!
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:54 PM   #68
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Did he make a deal with the op? Sure looks like it. If he changed his mind, wich he is entitled to, have the decency to let him know you've changed your mind. Did he? NO. Bad deal, bad karma, bad person. No honor, or integrity.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:35 PM   #69
1KillerSS

Quote:
Would you walk through it again, please?

If I somehow misunderstood the point you were attempting to making, then I stand corrected.

However, and perhaps you forgot to include it, there appears to be a critical piece of information missing regarding your "rationale" for backing out of a deal if you have to.

You negotiate and make deals for things but don't actually have the money in-hand when doing so and then back-out of the deal? Is that correct? You do this, for what reason, again? Oh, yes. "That's life". I understand that part of it (as do most people reading this).

Which part of your twisted story which doesn't hold water would you like to walk through?

Just keep reading and maybe one day you will get it. But I have the feeling that it won't get through to u...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Build thread
Old 09-13-2016, 06:55 PM   #70
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
EXACTLY!

I happen to think the classifieds on C5 are awesome, you can get great parts for good or great deals. But lets face it, we are all just people,and when you expect someone to act like you were raised, or like you think they should act, your going to get dissapointed....end of story.

Quote:

Quote:
I think you missed the boat man. Try reading it one more time..... Let me break it down for you again, incase you can't get it on your own.....

Do you understand that now? Or do I need to walk you through it again slower next time?
If I somehow misunderstood the point you were attempting to make, I stand corrected.

However, would you mind walking through it again, please? A little slower would be just "peachy."

Perhaps I really did overlook a critical piece of information that seemed to be missing regarding your "rationale" for backing out of a negotiated deal if you have to.

You negotiate and make deals (read; come to a mutual agreement) for things but don't actually have the money in-hand when doing so and then back-out of the deal? Is that correct? You do this, for what reason, again? Oh, yes. "That's life". I understand that part of it (as do most people reading this).

Negotiating with someone for something of theirs you purport to have an interest in and coming to an understanding on price and not having the money for it (unless explained as part of the negotiation up front and the seller agrees) is something no one with any integrity does. Among friends it might be (once again, up front), but not with strangers. Your word is your bond. There is no other way to sum it up.

Specifically which part of your twisted story (none of which holds any water, BTW) would you like to walk through?

I'm just giving you a hard time. You were doing really well in your post about "fessing up" about having miscalculated and ending doing something you weren't too proud of (in the not-too-distant-past) up until you cynically hammered others for their belief in "doing someone right", by trusting a stranger based on good-will and good-faith, which just seemed to aggravate one of my (numerous) "sensitivities".

Relax and hammer on...
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 09-13-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote