Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #57
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
I disagree , an overly aggressive tune in the heat with 91 octane fuel will have knock and reduce timing . A summer tune would be different then a winter tune . Mine has the race scoop ,so it gets air from outside the engine compartment. It also has the heat extractor on the hood ( 2014) with the rain tray removed. I purposely had it tuned on a hot June day that was 108 degrees . The car pulls better now that it is cold here then it did in the heat of the summer. I really would like to be able to get a 93 octane tune and 93 octane fuel every tank ,but that is not going to happen in Phoenix . I could see how the Roto Fab intake would benefit from an open hood ,but the CAI with the scoop is sealed hood open or closed.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #58
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
With a little searching you can find out what brand of intake they are running . Most post their mods in their sig or garage .
Ya I didn't get that far..kinda nodded off
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #59
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
1killerSS and Gonif, I have a lil question, just to help me clear a in my head.

What exactly did you guys mean when you both wrote about "less aggressive", "more aggressive" and "overly aggressive" tunes?

I was always under the assumption, that a tune was a tune, based on available octane, that's it, that's all.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #60
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
When you or your tuner data logs ,some will set the trims and advance on the raged edge and some will keep it very conservative . In a climate like yours Canada ,high heat will not be an issue and you can use a more aggressive tune . Here in Phoenix we have weasel piss 91 octane fuel cut with ethanol and the summer is hot as hell often getting over 115 degrees. Too much timing and lean fuel trims kills engines. We must use a conservative tune or disaster . My car runs much stronger in the winter here .
Old 12-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #61
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
When you or your tuner data logs ,some will set the trims and advance on the raged edge and some will keep it very conservative . In a climate like yours Canada ,high heat will not be an issue and you can use a more aggressive tune . Here in Phoenix we have weasel piss 91 octane fuel cut with ethanol and the summer is hot as hell often getting over 115 degrees. Too much timing and lean fuel trims kills engines. We must use a conservative tune or disaster . My car runs much stronger in the winter here .

That's a 91 octane tune, I have never heard of a "cold" or "hot" weather tune, not have any of the tuners I have worked with ever asked me what climate I was in or would be driving in.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #62
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post

I really don't like the intake thread. To many variables I saw on the spread sheet. I saw different AFR, timing, Fuel Trims out of wack, assorted IATs, tuned and not tuned vehicles, and different cars on different days.

A lot of work went into the test, but the variables and consistencies of the cars could have flawed the testing protocols.

Phil
Please elaborate.

You could not have read the thread because all testing was done on the same car the same day under the same conditions on a completely stock vehicle.

A fuel trim clear and 10 mile drive cycle was done with each system before dyno testing.

All temperatures were stabilized identical before each pull.

4 pulls were done with each system and only repeatable numbers were published.

Please tell us how the CAI testing if Flawed

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 12-11-2014 at 02:09 PM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:08 PM   #63
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
This posting is pretty clear to me.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote