Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 08-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #57
Gunner314

Drives: 14 Camaro 1SS
Just to add to this:

Bring a good tire gauge or borrow one - high temps and a lot of runs will bring PSI way up.

Also if you are running any 200 wear tire rating a good suggestion is to bring a garden sprayer to cool the tires down a bit between runs. I run Hankook RS3 and they will over heat and get extremely slippery in warm weather. If it stays cloudy that actually helps. sunny days at Devens expect temps to be 10-15 degrees warmer on the pavement.

See you all there - Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-ZL1 View Post
OK boys, just a suggestion if you're interested to meet me at the rally point shown on the below map. Walmart in Leominster off Exit 7 on I-190, between 6:30-6:45am and then we can all head over to the airfield, check in and claim our spot in the paddock and start getting the cars ready for tech inspection.

Just some things to know:
1. you have to take out your floormats unless they are Weathertech.
2. you have to empty your trunk including the mat, batteries and our airpumps are screwed down so they are allowed to stay.
3. clean out your glovebox except for your registration and insurance
4. Bring your lunch and a bunch of water bottles to stay hydrated as it will be hot.
5. I'm bringing a tent, my chair and tarp to put my stuff on the ground that I'm taking out of my car. The field is pretty secure and people are all over so its ok to leave our stuff at our spot in the paddock while we run and work.
6. I wear shorts, which is allowed, cuz its too hot for pants.
7. Sunscreen and hat is also recommended.

That's pretty much it, and it looks like the weather will be good.
2014 Camaro 1SS - Black - NPP Exhaust - BTR Cam - Headers - Hi flo Cats - CAI System - Tune by SlowHawk Performance - GM Z/28 struts, springs and sways - BMR rear sub frame bushings, rear toe links and rear trailing arms - BMR sub frame connectors with tunnel brace -1LE Strut Bar - Elite Catch Can - EPCO Custom Shift Knob - Headlight Armor - ASA Wheels powder coated satin black 20x10 - 285/35/20 Hankook RS-3 - EBC USR Rotors - EBC Yellow Stuff Pads - MGW Flat Stick
Gunner314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:20 PM   #58
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Good you reminded me on that point, I need to bring my sprayer too. I usually air down the tires to about 28 psi, they will heat up and drive the pressure up. We all have air compressors in our trunks for refilling for the ride home. Overcast sky would be great, praying for a decent day.

So Bob you'll meet us at the rally point?
Old 08-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #59
Kopterman

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
So far weather is not looking good for Sunday.

Hope it changes...
Kopterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:33 AM   #60
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopterman View Post
So far weather is not looking good for Sunday.

Hope it changes...
Wait 5 minutes, it will!!!
Old 08-12-2016, 05:30 PM   #61
Gunner314

Drives: 14 Camaro 1SS
Rally point out of my way, I usually just drive straight there. I always try to get a spot right near the one tree. It is the right side of where everyone parks. If I get there. ahead of everyone how many spot should I try to hold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-ZL1 View Post
Good you reminded me on that point, I need to bring my sprayer too. I usually air down the tires to about 28 psi, they will heat up and drive the pressure up. We all have air compressors in our trunks for refilling for the ride home. Overcast sky would be great, praying for a decent day.

So Bob you'll meet us at the rally point?
2014 Camaro 1SS - Black - NPP Exhaust - BTR Cam - Headers - Hi flo Cats - CAI System - Tune by SlowHawk Performance - GM Z/28 struts, springs and sways - BMR rear sub frame bushings, rear toe links and rear trailing arms - BMR sub frame connectors with tunnel brace -1LE Strut Bar - Elite Catch Can - EPCO Custom Shift Knob - Headlight Armor - ASA Wheels powder coated satin black 20x10 - 285/35/20 Hankook RS-3 - EBC USR Rotors - EBC Yellow Stuff Pads - MGW Flat Stick
Gunner314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:28 PM   #62
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner314 View Post
Rally point out of my way, I usually just drive straight there. I always try to get a spot right near the one tree. It is the right side of where everyone parks. If I get there. ahead of everyone how many spot should I try to hold?
Including yourself there are 5 of us. Cool if you can otherwise we'll set up wherever looks good.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:01 AM   #63
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

I'm sure those of you the registered got this email from the event organizer, but for those interested but didn't sign up this time, here's a little more about what to expect...

Also, it appears spectators are allowed. So if you're looking to see what this day is like and see Kevin kill some cones, directions are listed below.

Hello Autocrossers!

The Fourth BSCC Autocross (Sunday, Aug 14th) at Devens is almost here! This is your confirmation of your registration for the event. Please read through this email so you understand what will be going on come that morning and throughout the day. Directions to the Deven’s Air Strip are below.

Weather - As of Today, the weather is supposed to be sunny and VERY HOT - mid 90s, but come prepared for anything. We only stop for lightning.

No Shows & Leaving Early - Anyone leaving early without notifying me will not be back. If you can't make it to the event please let us know ahead of time. We have people that always want in at the last minute. The event can run from 7am - 6pm, it's a long day and we are counting on everyone to help out in some way, from setup to working the course to cleanup. Please plan to be there all day. If your dog has a grooming appointment, or you need to go to work, don't register.

7:30AM Arrival! - Yes it is early. We have a lot of things that need to happen before a car can even go around the course. If you are going to be late, please call ahead and let us know. The number is below.

Sign The Waiver! - When you pull through the gate there will be someone holding a clipboard to the left before you head up the hill with the release waiver on it. Everyone (Including spectators) needs to sign the waiver before you can come in. This is very important, if you come through the gate and nobody is there with a waiver please come up to the Tent and ask where it is so you can sign it. Minors are allowed and must be accompanied by an adult that must sign the special minor waiver. There are no exceptions.

Park Your Car - After you sign the waiver please park your car along either side of the tarmac. Please do not approach the tent until you are called for the drivers meeting! Pull out any loose items from the car such as radar detectors, change, sunglasses, floor mats, tools, spare parts etc. Loose items in your cabin easily turn into projectiles during an autocross run. Check your trunk and ensure that your spare tire is securely bolted down, if not take it out. Check the fluids in the car, make sure nothing is leaking, check the tires and ensure the lug nuts are torqued correctly. Use common sense and don't bring a car that is not safe! We do not have access to Air or Water on the airstrip. Bring everything you think you may need.

Tech/Registration Line - Once your car is empty pull it into the center of the tarmac for the tech inspection. They will check your name and car number and then place a colored sticker on your windshield with your work assignment on it. The color of the sticker determines which run group you are in (there are only two run groups), the number indicates which station you will be working on the course when the other group is running. This is important so you know when to run and when to work!

GREEN group runs first. Tech closes at 8:30. You are required to have a Snell 2010 or NEWER rated helmet. M helmets are allowed. FIA homologated helmets are allowed. The tech guys will be looking for this. Please bring a proper helmet as we have a limited number of loaners.

Drivers Meeting - After you finish with Tech/Registration put your car back on the side and the meeting will be started. We hold a 10-15 min driver's meeting to explain the rules and use of safety items. Everyone needs to be at the tent for this to take place; we can't start without you so don't hold up the group! We will explain which group is running first (green) and working first (RED) during the meeting.

Course - We will be doing a course drive through. Multiple people to a car please to help speed things along.

Workers - RED workers need to be in place asap after the course drive through and start chalking the cones. Refer to the sticker you received at tech for your work position. The work stations are numbered starting with the first large cone with a flag after the start on the side of the course. There is to be no use of cell phones, smart phones or any other electronics when you are on station. This is a safety issue and we have ZERO tolerance for it. If you are a floater please go to the tent for your assignment.

1st Car Off! - Once the workers are in place, we will perform a radio check and the course will go live. We will be going for 8-10 runs. 4 runs in the morning, and 4-6 after lunch. You will be kept up to date by the starter as you approach the line on the amount of runs will be doing. The amount of runs is usually determined by how quickly we turn over the groups. So get to your work stations asap and listen for the radio check.

Radios - We will have a radio sitting at every worker station; DO NOT bring these in with you. Leave them out there for the next worker. We will do a radio check by calling out each station number, you must respond back before we can start. You can bring your own radio but make sure it works correctly. We will be on channel 1-1

Lunch – Plan on being on grid or at you work station 45 minutes after the last car in finished. Again, a late start means fewer runs. there are several lunch options in downtown Ayer.

Repeat - We will repeat the morning work / run cycle again. Red will work first, Green will run first. Please be ready to go 45 minutes after lunch break was called.

Finish - After the last run of the second group we will pack up and stack the cones. We will have a short trophy ceremony following that.

We will go over all of this info again in the Drivers Meeting. If you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can make things better please let us know! We may not do it but we will consider it

Directions - The gate is located off 2A in Ayer (Approximately 90 Fitchburg Road, Ayer MA), North of Route 2 and West of Route 495. Both directions converge at a Rotary in Ayer at the junctions of routes 110, 111, and 2A. There is a Ford dealer (Gervais), a Wendy's, and a McDonald's at this rotary.

From Route 495: Take exit 30, route 2A and 110, West toward Ayer. Proceed 4 miles to rotary.

From Route 2: Take exit 38B, route 110 and 111, North toward Ayer. Proceed 2 1/4 miles to rotary.

From the rotary, proceed west on routes 2A and 111. This will take you to Ayer center, and at about one mile routes 2A and 111 turn right; so will you. Proceed past Bishop Road (old entrance) on the left.

Stay on Rt 2A which forks to the left for approx another mile. The north entrance to the airstrip is on the left. There is a sign marking the entrance "STATE POLICE TRAINING". There are motorcycle driving classes on the lower lot to the right as you enter. Our event is up the hill to the left. Look for the person with the waivers at the base of the hill.

There are a Dunkin Donuts and a Cumberland Farms between the Ayer center and the gate and there are gas stations along the route as well. You can find Moore Army Air Strip in Google maps just north of Ayer center.

The entrance is right behind the tower on the north side of the site

NOTE the *only* Services available at the site are porta-potties.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:53 AM   #64
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Kevin and Brian,

Not sure where you guys are, but I'm leaving the rally point and heading to the airfield in time to check in and get ready. Hope you're still coming. If so just head for the airfield.

Jay
Old 08-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #65
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

So we have a blast today...only 4 of us made it, made some friends with corvettes and yes a mustang, it's all good!

Our results from today...posted only 10 runs, but we all got 11 in...
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #66
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

And the 2nd page....
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #67
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Some photos from today...video coming as soon as I process them....
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2016, 04:25 PM   #68
Kopterman

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
That was an awesome time! Loved it!

Just not sure I would go again cause I'm very limited in what I can do, especially when it 97 degrees out. I think the only thing that saved me was the nice wind and of course Jay and Corey doing most of the work! lol. I'm still recovering today!

Anyway, it was a really fun time. Now to hit up a BIG track! lol
Kopterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #69
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
Great pics Jay!

Cant wait to see your video
2SS/RS IBM * American Racing BLVD Wheels * 275/40 * 295/40 Toyo Proxes * Eibach 1" drop Springs * Elite Catch Can * CAI w/ scoop * CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift * APR Carbon Fiber Splitter * Sequential Tail Lights * MPD1 Spoiler * Hex Vents (CF dipped) * GFX Skirts * BBK SS Shorties * MBRP 3"Exhaust w/ X pipe * Solo Hi-Flow Cats *
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:19 PM   #70
Nelly101

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Awsome ...nice job taking the pics jay..nice to see everyone having a good time. ..I'm sure the hardest part was trying to stay cool...