Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-11-2014, 12:38 AM   #57
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I'm excited to see this.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:51 AM   #58
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
Pictures of the donor car.. Yes, yes the car is tore up bad but anything we need that won't be good on this car will be bought used from members.. Such as the suspension parts I need. Everything underneath of a SS will be swapped to the v6. Such as all suspension, drivetrain, engine, transmission, electronics, exhaust... Etc.
It's good to hear you're spending QT with your dad! I was in a rush to grow up - finish college, join the military and now my fire career. I regret not spending more time with him. Enjoy every moment. Nothing beats ripping out a car and building a beast with your old man. In other words, subscribed
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #59
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Subscribed.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #60
AustinWithrow

Drives: 2013 Cammed/LSA Conversion 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
Subscribed for curiosity. By the way, don't justify shit for anyone. If you want badges on your car, more power to you. Who cares if someone doesn't like this or that. I have one question after reading though. How much was the donor car? I have to know. Haha
Everyone always ask me why I have badges and I'm just like.. It's my car. Is it your money? Lol but we ended up having around $6500 in it. We just pick it up and got to looking. We saw that it has a busted oil pan, but can't tell much more about it. Looks like the motor and trans is good but hopefully it's just the oil pan only. I will be posting pictures soon!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #61
AustinWithrow

Sorry that I can only post one pic per post. (Don't know how to post multiple pics on this phone)
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #62
AustinWithrow

Rear view.. Was going to put quad tips on my car but this car ended up having 5" Magnaflow tips. I might just use these if I can pop some dents out of the passenger side tip!
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #63
AustinWithrow

Driver side is tore up pretty bad, let's hope nothing got pushed back into the engine block or trans. We can deal with a busted oil pan but I don't know about a busted block. Lol
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #64
CGMMonster

Drives: CGM 1SS
Excited to see how this turns out! And to be honest...if you were to label it as a SS afterwards...i cant see it being classified as a poser. At that point it practically is!
CGMMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #65
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
From the looks of the exhaust it was modified

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #66
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
But I can use the differential off the ss on my car? So I should be okay there.. But I should only need front driver side brembos looks like the rest are good. And yeah, definately a radiator, and yeah all driveshafts and trans and everything. But I'm just trying to have fun and learn at the age I am. (btw.. I'm on my way to pick up the car right now. Will be picking it up from iaai in the morning.) will have pictures of the car in person in the morning, will keep y'all posted with pictures tomorrow.
If it is in good condition you can use it. I wouldn't even use the driveshaft off the SS now after seeing the damage, wouldn't trust it to hold up at speed. Driveshafts are pretty cheap though.

Amazon actually sells the OEM Brembo's if you want to get any missing pieces like that. If the rear cradle isn't messed up I would transfer it over or else you will be taking apart a lot of stuff to get the rear dust shields installed (which I still have to do with my brembo's).

As long as the engine and ECU are there, you should be golden. Those are the major costs. Wiring it up will be time consuming but you will be the expert everybody calls when you are done. You will be a God among Mortals on Camaro5.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #67
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
Props to you,I'm in a similar boat trying to buy a LQ4 block for a swap. This thread will go down as a incredible resource for us. Thank you.
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #68
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Hey Austin, would you mind sharing how much you got the car for?
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #69
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Sorry that I can only post one pic per post. (Don't know how to post multiple pics on this phone)
Insane looking wreck...looks like a sandwich haha...considering 6500 can hardly get you a long block Id say you made out ok if the drivetrain is issue free. I'm just hoping the engine didn't continue to run after the oil pan was destroyed. On another note, you did mention forced induction and this may be an opportunity for some internals of your choice. Since you're spending the coin I would build anything I could before the swap.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #70
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
Hey Austin, would you mind sharing how much you got the car for?
Quote:
Everyone always ask me why I have badges and I'm just like.. It's my car. Is it your money? Lol but we ended up having around $6500 in it. We just pick it up and got to looking. We saw that it has a busted oil pan, but can't tell much more about it. Looks like the motor and trans is good but hopefully it's just the oil pan only. I will be posting pictures soon!
$6500

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote