Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-23-2015, 07:03 PM   #57
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
This thread got controversial. Be happy people! So many options now. You could always buy both.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:56 PM   #58
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
How is it that this Z/28 seems to have such little driveline loss with putting 469 to the wheels. No other manual Camaros are even close to this.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:19 AM   #59
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
Possibly the ole 427 is putting out more HP at the crank than what is claimed?
Old 10-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #60
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
One of the reasons why the z28 seems to put down good numbers is thanks to the fact that they already come with a CAI from the factory.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:06 AM   #61
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
One of the reasons why the z28 seems to put down good numbers is thanks to the fact that they already come with a CAI from the factory.
That may impact the factory rating of 505 HP but has nothing to do with what seems like higher than normal driveline efficiency from this particular chassis dyno test.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #62
chimazo

Drives: 2016 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
How is it that this Z/28 seems to have such little driveline loss with putting 469 to the wheels. No other manual Camaros are even close to this.
There have been several stock C6 Z06's that put down 460-470rwhp on a Dynojet, so it certainly is believable (to me, anyway!).
chimazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #63
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushinator View Post
You've owned three cars in your life and you're trying to educate people that own Z/28's, in a Z/28 section of this forum, on why the Z/28 is overpriced and inferior to the GT350? Hahaha I guess this is based on your extensive experience in driving high end cars, right? Have you ever actually sat in a Z/28? Drove one? Hell, have you ever seen one in person? You have no credibility here.

Let me put it this way. I've owned 86 cars. Four Z06's, (one ECS supercharged at 850 horsepower) a supercharged C5, two Shelby GT500's, (one 875 horsepower) two Dodge Vipers...just to name a few. The Z/28 is a better overall car than anything I've owned.

So please, stop trying to impress people with you incredible knowledge of cars, until you've walked the walk.
You are trying to use reason, that is not going to work with MR Internet big man, bench-racing master, I read it on a forum somewhere so it must be true.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #64
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Ford never stated a 7:32 ring lap time. A silly website did. Reason for it is ford took all their development ride times and picked best sector times from all runs to come up with a theoretical lap time. Thats what folks heard and immediatelly posted is as the offical laptime. I am shocked wikipedia even listed it without any offical laptime/video etc. Smart on their part, people don't question the internet these days. Hence why ford is not stating anything or backing up with a video. Keep in mind this is the same company that pulled all boss 302LS cars from media so it doesnt get compared to a 35k camaro 1le that trashes it.

What did chevy do? Ran in rain for a significant portion and gave us a video of it hitting 7:37. Al did state that if it didn't rain they could've hit a 7:31 but they didn't claim that time and stuck with the offical recorded laptime. I am pretty sure any of us tracking know that rain for that portion of track could've easily taken 5+ seconds out.

Cant wait for comparisons though, should be very interesting reads!

Last edited by Mgizzle; 10-26-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:38 PM   #65
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Ford never stated a 7:32 ring lap time. A silly website did. Reason for it is ford took all their development ride times and picked best sector times from all runs to come up with a theoretical lap time. Thats what folks heard and immediatelly posted is as the offical lap time...

What did chevy do? Ran in rain for a significant portion and gave us a video of it hitting 7:37. Al did state that if it didn't rain they could've hit a 7:31 but they didn't claim that time and stuck with the offical recorded lap time...
Your post did trigger my memory. I thought Al said they actually ran a 7:31 but didn't have it on video?

If the GT350R has a theoretical 7:32 and the Z/28 an actual 7:31, that's pretty interesting to think about. Anything less than superiority for the GT350R would be a fail, it seems to me, given that it was developed two years after the Z/28.

Above all else, I just love the Battle of The Brands. It's a great time to be a track guy, as there's some very interesting hardware to choose from!
Old 10-26-2015, 12:57 PM   #66
Mgizzle

I truly agree. That shelby is impressive but I still believe the z/28 is more of a track car.

Credit to Ford for creating hype without one single track test and not allowing media to do more than one lap on a track or go all out. I dont buy hype and appreciate camaro extending invitations to media to bring GTRs and 911s. If the 350 is so much faster, why didnt they bring those out for comparison rides? Why no confirmation of ring times? Oh I forgot, the ring is the devil. Ok, why no laptime from VIR or Grattan or Laguna? Something to truly state its a slam dunk?

They did same play with boss 302 and it worked, it lost in number games but Ford built this aura around it being special etc. Why is nobody talking about those engine failures folks are having? Or the fuel coming out the fill door ever track event?

I am just confused by the lack of data and confirmation on product until after sales. Nobody works this hard to win and then not show it. Any numbers on focus RS yet?
Old 10-26-2015, 01:32 PM   #67
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
A 350r theoretical 7:32 if true is way off the mark. I was told by a GM engineer who was there when they ran the 7:37 that they have the Z/28 in the 20s for a theoretical lap but especially at the ring it's impossible to get close to.

the 350r will most certainly best a Z/28 ON THE TRACK...or heads are gonna roll.

+1 on the focus rs!!!
Old 10-26-2015, 02:05 PM   #68
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
Bring any mustang you want, and watch me hand their ass's to them time and time again!! The dyno sheet speaks volumes, no one, and I mean no one will look at the 3 comparisons of those lines and pick the mustangs, NOT ONE!!

More displacement, more torque, more hp at lower rpms = More usable power at the track or on the road.

The pissing contest is over when I want it to be over, not when you tell me.

Thanks though for your input.
You Mad Bro? The argument between the LS7 and VooDoo reminds me of listening to my dad and his friends argue about small blocks and big blocks. Both can get the job done, both just do it in different ways. Yeah more displacement and more torque sounds good to me, but the thought of having a car where I can wind it up to 8K and still have power on tap sounds pretty awesome to me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Ford never stated a 7:32 ring lap time. A silly website did. Reason for it is ford took all their development ride times and picked best sector times from all runs to come up with a theoretical lap time. Thats what folks heard and immediatelly posted is as the offical laptime. I am shocked wikipedia even listed it without any offical laptime/video etc. Smart on their part, people don't question the internet these days. Hence why ford is not stating anything or backing up with a video. Keep in mind this is the same company that pulled all boss 302LS cars from media so it doesnt get compared to a 35k camaro 1le that trashes it.

What did chevy do? Ran in rain for a significant portion and gave us a video of it hitting 7:37. Al did state that if it didn't rain they could've hit a 7:31 but they didn't claim that time and stuck with the offical recorded laptime. I am pretty sure any of us tracking know that rain for that portion of track could've easily taken 5+ seconds out.

Cant wait for comparisons though, should be very interesting reads!
Ford has never released official performance specs. They just haven't. never used ring times for any vehicle, lap times for any vehicle. They don't use lap times as a marketing tool like GM does. Does that mean its slower at the ring? maybe maybe not. Ford builds em and lets third party do the lap times. That's just the way they do it
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #69
Mgizzle

So why no third party laptimes at laguna, vir or grattan? Why not invite the competition? Instead they keep claiming its faster and better without anything to back it up? I can buy argument of no laptimes and numbers but then dont market for months that you are faster.......... unless you know the internet takes you for real and theninternet puts your fake times on wikipedia and 1000 other articles.

Again, I give them credit for understanding the internet but the downfall of reality can hurt them when numbers dont start lining up and customers keep getting burned.

Dont get me wrong though, the shelby and performance camaros are more about 1 lap wonders and that is the hope with media.

As far as ls7... area under the curve is way better and while you get power for another 1000 rpms the ls7 is making as much at lower rpms. Look at those sheets again...the 350s real advantage is mass with this version.

God I cant wait for the comparos...lol.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:02 PM   #70
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
http://www.hotrod.com/features/celeb...l-oppenheiser/
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote