Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 06-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #57
Sketti

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabraddock View Post
Just got pulled over AGAIN, as I was sitting at a light. By the Fremont police. Actually Office Roseitti. This is his quote to me. "If I pull you over again without a front plate, YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL" I mean Really? Taking me to Jail for a front plate? Do you think Chevy will pay my bail? Kinda of funny to me cause just across the street some dude was selling weed to some kid. WOW!
Don't worry bro, you're like family to me so when you get locked up I'll make sure you get a cell with a view and you're cellmate is Shaniqua instead of Bubba.
Installed: Tinted Windows; EiBach Lowering Springs; Custom Exhaust; Lloyd Carpets; AirRaid CAI; Heritage Grill; Razzi GFX; Light Blackout Kit; MPD1 Dovetail Spolier; SS Badges from DefenderWorxs; T-Rex Bumper Grill; Bowtie & Tail Light Bezel Re-Coloring; Stealth Bulbs; Magg Wheels 22" (Nitto INVO tires Fronts: 255/35-22 - Rears: 285/30-22)
When money Available: Brake Calipers Painted; Clear Car Cover; Custom Pedals; Custom Dash Plaque from EmblemPros.com; Double Din GPS/Stero Unit
Sketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #58
gabraddock

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketti View Post
Don't worry bro, you're like family to me so when you get locked up I'll make sure you get a cell with a view and you're cellmate is Shaniqua instead of Bubba.
I always knew I could count on you Sketti.
gabraddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #59
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
damn criminals
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #60
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax86 View Post
Move to TEXAS!! problem solved!
The cops here don't really care if you have one or not...yet i see so many camaros with the ugly bracket and front plate on...whats wrong with you people?
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09

Last edited by Sevn86; 06-18-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #61
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Ok, I am completely on the side of you all on this argument. But I can also understand why in Cali it is a law. Because in Cali they have some Cop Cars that are equipped with a scanning device that they can drive thru parking lots and the Scanner will scan for licence plates of cars that are stolen and whatnot. But if someone backs into a spot the scanner cannot tell if the car is stolen.

So I understand why states that use this technology have the 2 plate law. But the states that dont use this technology and do have the 2 plate law are stupid.
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #62
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Just FYI, it IS actually a crime to disobey a direct order from an "officer of the law" in regards to motor vehicle codes. I sat in front of the judge for 30 minutes and argued my case here in SoCal and he says it was "Obstruction of Justice".

I got handed a screw driver and 2 screws. They followed me down and the officer watched me put the plate on. It was that or jail.
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #63
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STILLEN View Post
Just FYI, it IS actually a crime to disobey a direct order from an "officer of the law" in regards to motor vehicle codes. I sat in front of the judge for 30 minutes and argued my case here in SoCal and he says it was "Obstruction of Justice".

I got handed a screw driver and 2 screws. They followed me down and the officer watched me put the plate on. It was that or jail.
Haha glad the government wasted time and money on that IMPORTANT case. You're such a criminal
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #64
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
The government wasting money on ridiculous things,, no way? (please note extreme sarcasm)

Some laws shouldn't exist and this is one them.. If front licence plates are SOOOOO important then why don't they make Motorcycles have them? What do Motorcycle riders not need to be tracked from both directions by your government assigned number?

Annoyed....
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #65
2010CamaroOutlaw

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodGU View Post
Ok, I am completely on the side of you all on this argument. But I can also understand why in Cali it is a law. Because in Cali they have some Cop Cars that are equipped with a scanning device that they can drive thru parking lots and the Scanner will scan for licence plates of cars that are stolen and whatnot. But if someone backs into a spot the scanner cannot tell if the car is stolen.

So I understand why states that use this technology have the 2 plate law. But the states that dont use this technology and do have the 2 plate law are stupid.
the sole reason for a front plate law in CA is for the red light cameras, it has to take a picture of your license plate and mug in the windshield, if those 2 are not combined then the ticket is not valid.

Also it can be argued that jail for an infraction is a violation of your 4th amendment, there are supreme court cases stating that any detention for a ticketable offense that is prolonged without good cause is a constitutional violation, and since the only legal justification for arresting someone for an infraction is that they do not have a license and do not have any means to ID them, I.E. an illegal alien.
2010CamaroOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #66
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Well I think soon the idea that its for stolen vehicle recovery may not be a good case. If I'm not mistaken every new car that has OnStar can be tracked if stolen, and shut down.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #67
Buhmblbe
Growing Up=Optional

Drives: 2010 Camaro Transformers 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KowalskiCamaro View Post
Put a bracket around it that says "For Officer Roseitti". He'll love that.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #68
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
I believe that's what the Founders were thinking, when they were conceiving the future USA (which, at the time, didn't even have Cali yet). Keep the politics out, and let We The People enjoy Life, Liberty, and this amazingly beautiful land.

Unfortunately politics has been forced into every aspect of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. Used as a tool... from all sides to get votes and cover favors.

I absolutely agree, this is one of the most beautiful states I've ever lived in, but a bankrupt state who made too many promises it couldn't keep... will keep driving businesses away.

for example...
Trust me I know, I'm a small business owner.
YouseeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:12 AM   #69
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroOutlaw View Post
the sole reason for a front plate law in CA is for the red light cameras, it has to take a picture of your license plate and mug in the windshield, if those 2 are not combined then the ticket is not valid.

Also it can be argued that jail for an infraction is a violation of your 4th amendment, there are supreme court cases stating that any detention for a ticketable offense that is prolonged without good cause is a constitutional violation, and since the only legal justification for arresting someone for an infraction is that they do not have a license and do not have any means to ID them, I.E. an illegal alien.
Sorry, but you are wrong, it is A reason but not THE ONLY reason. I know for a fact what I'm saying is true. Maybe the law started because of street light cams...but that is no longer the sole purpose
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #70
gabraddock

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow
Also it can be argued that jail for an infraction is a violation of your 4th amendment, there are supreme court cases stating that any detention for a ticketable offense that is prolonged without good cause is a constitutional violation, and since the only legal justification for arresting someone for an infraction is that they do not have a license and do not have any means to ID them, I.E. an illegal alien.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. However, is not also true that that can hold for up to 72 hours without charging you with anything?
gabraddock is offline   Reply With Quote