Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-08-2009, 06:25 AM   #57
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Ordered mine back in October 2008 and did not take delivery until end of June 2009! The wait was waaaay too long and frustrating.

I can say that I still get excited every time I get to drive it and I still feel like a rock star when I'm behind the wheel. Hell I just enjoy going in to the garage to throw away the trash because I get to see it. Maybe that's a little weird! In my opinion, this is one of the sweetest vehicles on the road right now. Yeah, I don't see people driving up next to me on the freeway to take pictures any more, but that was just part of the fun of owning this car. And yes I see a lot more on the road now, but I'm still loving it and think I will for years to come.
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:32 AM   #58
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
Before you have me committed read the whole post. I was not being serious. I was trying to talk myself out of NOT missing the car when I put it into storage for the winter.

I had hoped this post would have died by now, it was a joke. Give me a break and stop telling me how screwed up I am, how I bought the wrong car, how I bought it for all the wrong reasons...let it go for pete's sake!
Well, you started it! Guess everyone did not get the joke. Got to expect this when you tell a bunch of Camaro freaks that you're really not liking the car any more. No worries, we'll let it go. Eventually!
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:38 AM   #59
REVENGE

Drives: 1999 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
Before you have me committed read the whole post. I was not being serious. I was trying to talk myself out of NOT missing the car when I put it into storage for the winter.

I had hoped this post would have died by now, it was a joke. Give me a break and stop telling me how screwed up I am, how I bought the wrong car, how I bought it for all the wrong reasons...let it go for pete's sake!
For some reason i can't believe you. I think you were one of those people who got this car for the wrong reasons and your post was not a joke. I predict you will get rid of this car within the next couple of years. You will probably just quietely quit posting when you do that.
REVENGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #60
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
[QUOTE="prima"Donna;1119994]NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!...

To me, it just keeps getting better and better every single day.....

[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DimGray"] RESPECT!!!!![/COLOR]

..THE EXCITEMENT WILL NEVER WEAR OFF IF YOUR HEART HAS 'CAMARO' ENGRAVED IN IT!
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #61
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
My love for my is car is great. And once I get back on my feet money wise she is going to get some mods. And watch out when I get her paid off. Then comes the supercharger, better suspension and maybe different wheels.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:43 AM   #62
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
I'm still just as happy and excited about the car as the day I bought it.

Money CAN buy happiness....if you buy a 2010 Camaro!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #63
teapot

Drives: 2010 2SS RS CGM MN6 GFX
My wife is looking forward to the day that chicks stop checking out the car (I like to pretend that they are checking me out). I get a kick out of the car still, I did just get it in September and it is not a daily driver. Maybe we will move into a tent and get a Ferrari if the lure of the Camaro starts to fade...
teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #64
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybyram View Post
Damn right! I love my Camaro! Hell, I love ALL Camaros,ALL generations, AND most colors! If youre so tired of your new Camaro, then why are you even here? Sell it to someone who will appreciate it,you obviously do not, if its that much of an effort. People who cant be happy with what they have been blessed with, make me...

YOU TELL 'EM SON!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:18 AM   #65
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Got 13K on a 1LS and I still was awestruck when I walked out last night and saw it under the parking lights at work. Mine is a RP6 and the VIN is just under 20K.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #66
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra View Post
Familiarity breeds contempt, ...
Park it for a while and drive something else,

If it doesn't turn you on anymore sell it while you still have some resale value,

HOW THE HELL COULD YOU HAVE THE HEART TO SELL IT? OR EVEN BE BORED OF IT FOR A SECOND??

I WILL KEEP MINE TIL FOREVER!!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #67
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I still look FORWARD to getting in my Camaro each and every day. NO excitement has worn off. i love it...simply love it. And being able to customize this and that...keeps it fresh...

Powdercoating and wheels are next up!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:30 AM   #68
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher525 View Post

This was your idea of a joke? Wow, really fooled me. Sounded 100% serious to me. I feel terrible, today was probably the last day I'll drive mine until spring.

..why is that mate?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #69
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!...

To me, it just keeps getting better and better every single day.....

I have to agree.. With all the problems, it is till fun to drive.. It won't get old, just like my 15 year old Mustang never got old either..
Old 11-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #70
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Same here

[QUOTE=Russ Hunsaker;1119821]I now have 2800 miles on my Camaro SS and I have to admit the excitement is starting to wear off. It used to be I could not wait to get the cover off and take it for a spin, now it seems like the cover is a lot more effort to take off and put back on so I just haven't taken the effort. The good news is that I am not putting miles on the car.

I am going to store the car for the winter so I won't be driving it, I hope that the excitement comes back full force come spring.

The "newness" wears off of everything; cars, boats, houses, wives, etc. so it's probably completely normal. Anyone else experiencing this?

The last couple of times I filled up I didn't have anyone come over and talk to me about the car. Although I felt that the constant attention had started to get annoying....I have to admit I miss it. I would be happy if GM stopped making the Camaro, that would keep it rare.
The excitement has not worn off for me, just the trouble of
taking the cover off and on has me driving less than I would like to
I recently converted a 12x20 shed I have into a garage, I strenthened
the floor with extra 4x4's 16" on center, widened the barn doors to
8 feet , and put down a 3/4 " plywood floor over the 1/2 inch
original floor. I built a pressure treated ramp 8 feet wide.
Now I use my Camaro more then I did before, and it stays clean
[the cover is basically useless] Now all I have to do is find a place
to keep all the junk I took out of the shed.
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote