Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 AM   #57
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
no, that's not what i'm saying. Probably read my post in the wrong context. you should read my other two posts to see where i stand on this subject. It was a rhetorical question.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #58
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
no, that's not what i'm saying. Probably read my post in the wrong context. you should read my other two posts to see where i stand on this subject. It was a rhetorical question.
I got ya. I still think it's a valid question to ask those that believe it's all the owners of these dogs and not the dogs themselves.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #59
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I personally don't have a problem with pit bulls. I have several friends with them and they are all pretty well behaved other than being hyper. Now with that said, I am glad everyone on this site lets their dog know who is in charge and don't smack the shit out of their dogs. I let my 15lb dog know that I am in charge, but what about my 3 year old son? What if my dog snaps one day for what ever reason and attacks my son? I think that after a bite or two my son would be able to fight the dog off, and more than likely not be killed. My child means more to me than ANY dog ever could. Any dog can turn at any time, no matter the breed or weight. I hope everyone knows that at one time dogs were bread to do a job, not hang out on your couch all day eating dry food. No matter how domesticated animals are, they still cary the, "I have a job to do" gene in them.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #60
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
All animals bite,

but not all animals will maul you to death and then still keep attacking.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #61
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Do a little research. You will see that Pit bulls account for about 55 to 60 percent of the dog attacks in the US alone. If your right with what your saying is the cause, well then I would say most people that get a pit bull must not know how to train them vs owners of all other breeds of dogs combined. These are very dangerous dogs and people that don't see it are just in denial.
I had a pit for 5 years. Taz was a GREAT dog. any time he came inside he thought he was a lap dog. we had a Pekinese (sp) and 2 cats as well. He did great with all of them (except for one cat because he was scared of it, yes SCARED of it) I would have let him around my children or anyone for that matter and never had one second thought about it. It's all about the up-bringing of the dogs. The only way he would have EVER hurt anyone would have been by licking them too hard or if they would have attacked one of our family memebers..still one of the sweetest dogs i've ever owned!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #62
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
I love how people are saying "do your research and you will find that breed X bites more than a Pit" , but every dog bite website shows the pit as number 1 by at least DOUBLE.

As far as German Shepards go, how many pitbulls are on the Police force ?
Actually Pit Bulls were used more than shepards in the police force. They were known as "America's Dog" because of the extensive use for many reasons during WWI and WWII. Also were the most common house hold pet untill dogfighting ran rampant in the 1950's and the public's opinion of the dog began to change. I really wish people actually tried to learn about things instead of listening to what the media spews. Its fine to not like something, but at least know something about it and not spread untruths.
Attached Images

TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #63
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
my mom owns a pit (mixed), and at times i feel fearful of that but the dog loves her to death (not literally). She it very over protective of my mom to the extent where she wakes up at the same time each morning and sits at a certain part of the house overlooking the front door and rear door for intruders while my mom gets ready for work. I always play like if I shoot the dog I'll get a key to the city.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #64
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
ive been around a pitbull a few times named capone. one of the sweetest dogs i know, all the smaller dogs try to attack him and he just watches. the freakin chiweiny crawls in his mouth and chews on his teeth lol again the pitbull does nothing... we have a doberman and a bichon frise. the bichon is more freakin violent than the doberman, the bichon barks, growls, at anything that walks by tho he does not bite. the doberman just stands there and watches... i want a pitbull of my own one day, but am still a little hesitant...
Old 08-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #65
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
So completely untrue. Dont talk til you know what your talking about. I have 3 pits. Each over 85 pounds. Never had any issues nor will I. They know who is in charge. If you know how to train a dog the dog will be a good dog. If you let the dog do as it pleases and hit the dog and abuse the dog. Things will go wrong eventually. By saying what you are saying is just making everything worse for pit owners. My dogs will protect me my family and my property as long as they live. Will your gun wake up and shoot a thief without you being home?? Didn't think so. My dogs will. And they are a loving part of the family.
Go read my follow-up post.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #66
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Some people just don't get it. I mean really don't get it. An animal is an animal. I don't care how you train them. It does not matter. When they snap, all the training in the world is not going to change that. There have been people killed that raised a tiger or lion from a cub. Was close as could be to the animal, trained them....professionally trained them and the animal snapped for no reason and severely hurt or killed them. The pit bull is no exception. You can say what you want. Deny it all you want. It's an animal you can't control when it decides it's doesn't want to listen. I'm not anti pit bull either. They are a beautiful animal. Id love to own one. I'd also love to own a tiger. But, I know better on both accounts. I have children, and I love them. If I got a pit bull, I might as well leave a loaded 9mm on the floor. Deny it all you want. Just hope you can control him/her when it decides it doesn't want to obey you. I like how people "think" they are ultimately "in control" of their dog.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #67
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Some people just don't get it. I mean really don't get it. An animal is an animal. I don't care how you train them. It does not matter. When they snap, all the training in the world is not going to change that. There have been people killed that raised a tiger or lion from a cub. Was close as could be to the animal, trained them....professionally trained them and the animal snapped for no reason and severely hurt or killed them. The pit bull is no exception. You can say what you want. Deny it all you want. It's an animal you can't control when it decides it's doesn't want to listen. I'm not anti pit bull either. They are a beautiful animal. Id love to own one. I'd also love to own a tiger. But, I know better on both accounts. I have children, and I love them. If I got a pit bull, I might as well leave a loaded 9mm on the floor. Deny it all you want. Just hope you can control him/her when it decides it doesn't want to obey you. I like how people "think" they are ultimately "in control" of their dog.
based on this post, is it safe to say this is how you feel about all breeds of dogs?
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #68
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Maybe the pit bull just couldn't accept the responsibilities incumbent upon the new father of a litter of humano-canine hybrids. Hell, he might've just learned that they were to be octo-puppies!!!
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #69
blueallie

Drives: Abm 1ss/rs 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Dogs have been domesticated for thousands of years. Lions and tigers are NOT!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #70
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueallie View Post
Dogs have been domesticated for thousands of years. Lions and tigers are NOT!
Domestication doesn't remove basic instincts.