Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #57
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
oh, and BowtieGuy.... thanks. thats awesome.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #58
lrc250
480 HP 2010 2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Well the company I work for produces Zytel® HTN in Richmond, VA and it is used in things like intake manifolds. You can read all about it HERE or just look at a short summary of Zytel listed below.

Engineered for Extremes
High Temperature Solutions

New grades and development ideas using products that help protect against heat, chemicals and aggressive fluids:

DuPont™ Zytel® HTN high performance polyamide – stiffness, strength, mechanical properties despite high temperatures, long-life coolant, chemicals and moisture.

Consider for:

* Automotive - thermostat housings, water pumps, charge air coolers, transmission components, engine oil systems, brake systems, ignition systems and motors
lrc250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #59
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
This has been good information. The engine block is still metal though right?
Aluminum
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #60
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
You know the clips that hold the sun visor in place... If it is made out of plastic...that's it, I will cancel my order...
Old 11-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #61
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
If you have a NO2 backfire they break...but that's it.
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #62
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
dude...your "plastic" intake manifold, which is a composition of many different materials (not like a McDonalds plastic straw) will last as long as the car will.

I can not believe you are worried about this. Seriously....this is THE best choice.
actually..every molecule of plastic ever made is still someplace some where...either space or earth...but still in existance....much iron is completely oxidized and well....gone.
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #63
zforce

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Matelic Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Since you're such a helpful guy thought I'd help you out, fixed it for you.
why tanks! keep trusting those silly spell checker.
zforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:11 AM   #64
Supermans

I want some transparent aluminum in my Camaro...
Old 11-21-2008, 12:25 AM   #65
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
man i love that novie
Old 11-21-2008, 12:26 AM   #66
zforce

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Matelic Orange
Quote:
glass?
zforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #67
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
man i love that novie
My all time favorite of all of the Star Trek's. I watched it with my dad in one of the best movie theaters in the world I was 7 years old and really into Star Trek at the time watching the original series everyday so the movie was definitely the best.. Nowadays all of the cool futuristic stuff Kirk used like the communicator is not is impactful anymore as back then the only thing beeping in your pocket would have been a pocket pager if it actually fit in your pocket..I sure hope the new Star Trek film with a young Kirk and Spock doesn't aim for an audience that the new Knight Rider tv show seems to go after instead of the loyal fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zforce View Post
glass?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparent_aluminum

During Star Trek IV, Scotty (the Enterprises Chief Engineer) had a hilarious scene where he had to give the formula for a futuristic form of a polymer that could withstand enormous water pressure since they needed to transport two whales from the past (our present back in 1986) and take them to the future to save the planet.. Great movie and a very nice ending to the trilogy of Star Trek's II, III, and IV.... I reccomend watching Star Trek II and III first and some of the original TV show episodes like Trouble with Tribbles, Shore Leave, Mirror Mirror and City on the Edge of Forever to get into the show and get to know the characters. What makes the movie so great are the interactions between the lovable characters that you got to know over time.. Rarely do TV show's turn into movies worth watching..
Old 11-21-2008, 12:39 AM   #68
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
My all time favorite of all of the Star Trek's. I watched it with my dad in one of the best movie theaters in the world I was 7 years old and really into Star Trek at the time watching the original series everyday so the movie was definitely the best.. Nowadays all of the cool futuristic stuff Kirk used like the communicator is not is impactful anymore as back then the only thing beeping in your pocket would have been a pocket pager if it actually fit in your pocket..I sure hope the new Star Trek film with a young Kirk and Spock doesn't aim for an audience that the new Knight Rider tv show seems to go after instead of the loyal fans.....
have you seen the new trailer? its amazing http://www.startrekmovie.com/ it will load as soon as you enter the site
Old 11-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #69
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
have you seen the new trailer? its amazing http://www.startrekmovie.com/ it will load as soon as you enter the site
The scene of the Enterprise or other Constitution class ship being built is amazing. I like Heroes and think Sylar makes a good young Spock (he's almost identical from certain angles that its scary) Young Kirk will tkae some getting used to as he doesn't look anything like The Shat... But yeah this trailer is pretty amazing and brings my hopes up that this will be a movie made for the fans of the original crew.. Thanks for posting the link.. It must have just come out...
Old 11-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #70
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Well I wasn't going to post this but since this has drifted into a Star Trek thread I guess it couldn't hurt.

I thought some guys were a little harsh and over the line trying to belittle the OP as they did. I though he took it very well, thanks to him for not turning around and trying to insult others and turning it into a flame fest like you see on so many other boards.

Some things to remember:

*People get interested in things automotive at all different times in life for all different reasons. Have to start somewhere.

*Even the "experts" can't know everything.

* Lack of knowledge or ignorance can be fixed easily, but as Fbodfather says, "You can't fix stupid."

OFF TOPIC!!!! Now I know this thread isn't about brakes, but for the sake of continuity, here is something that Rogue Leader may find interesting:

"Brakes - Brakes are the Achilles Heel of the E30 M3. On the track, street - performances pads have actually melted and stuck to the rotors so that the brakes dragged all the way around the track."

http://www.kormanautoworks.com/E30M3racingtips.htm

And JFTR: If your CALIPERS are touching your brake rotors or disCs, then you indeed have serious problems, only the brake PADS should ever touch the rotors.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote