Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #57
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
The Ecoboost will be a option for buyers with power up to 420 hp , of course Ford will still offer a V8 in the 2010 Mustang and it will be the return of the LEGENDARY 5.0 here is the proof , just click on the link http://www.allfordmustangs.com/artic...le_00998.shtml
Thus far this is the closest thing to gospel in this thread. Mustang GT will remain a V8, moving to the Mod-derived, 5.0L DOHC engine in the 2011MY, with the GTDi V6 possibly showing up in a special edition which slots above the Mustang in the 2011MY or 2012MY. If it does make the cut it wont make 340hp (think more like 410-450) and it wont be called Ecoboost. (not all of Ford's GTDi engines are going to be marketed under that moniker)

A GTDi I4 could replace or supplant the 3.5L V6 as the base Mustang engine in the relatively near future which could make the upcoming 3.5L a short lived piece for the mustang. In fact, I personally believe Ford is considering replacing n/a V6 engine with turbo fours in most of their product and possible in all Ford badged cars. But that last pat is just a guess on my part.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:08 PM   #58
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
^ Agreed.

The Mustang GT will have a V8 standard. Like mentioned. IF the ECOBOOST V6 does make it in the Mustang's line up it'll probably be a an option.

I hardly doubt that it's going to be available as the stock V6 motor for the Mustang. As people already mentioned the success of the Mustang has been heavily contributed by it's affordability. Putting that engine in the Mustang is going to give it a 20k base guaranteed. Ford is trying hard to keep the V6 Mustang based under 20k but with inflation, COL in a few years the base will end up exceeding 20k anyways...

Now I could see Ford offering two different V6 Mustangs. Keeping the base Mustang V6 cheap as possible, then a mid-range V6 Mustang. But I'm sure the mid-range would cost around what a base GT will cost. Again possibly being on option to the GT.

I think we all can agree on that an ecoboost equipped Mustang isn't something to under-estimate. And if that engine does come out hopefully I'll have enough done to my Camaro to be able to hold my own against it.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #59
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I heard that the EcoBoost V6 is capable of some 415 hp.

I heard the same thing... 415HP ecoboost V6.. This would outperform the Camaro since the Mustang is a whole lot lighter..
Old 10-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #60
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I heard the same thing... 415HP ecoboost V6.. This would outperform the Camaro since the Mustang is a whole lot lighter..
I'm curious about the car's response to boost increases and other mods as well.. We really need a new American supra if you ask me!
Old 10-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #61
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebubba View Post
Ecoboost implies a significant increase in fuel economy.

Like a vtec-e Honda.

I'm not questioning the horsepower. Just the name selection. The engine's power production speaks loudly enough for itself.

When I was car shopping, I quickly eliminated the 4.0 Mustang. It wasn't any better than a lightly used certified pre-owned 3.8 Camaro and well behind the Dodge Neon SRT/4 in every category. The Mustang had a little more off the line than the Mazda I ultimately bought but the Mazda had more power from 4000-6500 rpm and handled better in spite of being fwd.

I would have definitely considered a turbo V6 Mustang depending on the price.

Mazda is just going to call it the MZI whether it's turbocharged or not. Like the MZR (Ford DHE-423) whether it's a 1.8 European model, Mazda B2300, or the 2.3 DISI Turbo Mazdaspeed6. They are all MZRs
really? how is it not any better? high 14s stock, much better looks, and i got nearly 30mpg on average before i turbo'd it.

im not sure how well the 3800 is built, but ive taken my 100% stock longblock 4.0 to 454rwhp and 515rwtq via turbocharging. i daily drive it on 410rwhp and 459rwtq. over 60k miles on it and still averaging 23-25mpg.

sure the 4.0 cologne motor is ancient, but its a strong motor. is it competition for the new v6 camaro? hell no. is it competition for foreign v6 sports cars? no. but its a base model mustang, costs under 20k new.
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #62
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
trolling...trolling.... trolling trolling trolling....
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #63
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
sure buddy. I'm sure you got those numbers from a boosted with stock internals 4.0. I'm going with Spike here, singing the walmart song. You'd have to bullet proof that thing to put down that kind of torque. (forged crank, rods, pistons, beefier gaskets, valvetrain, you name it.) It would like a whole different engine. And MUCH more expensive than a mustang GT, Camaro SS, maybe approaching stock GT500 money. And STILL not as cool.
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #64
fazm

not a troll, been watchin the forums for over a year as i want a new camaro, and just now registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierodeletre View Post
sure buddy. I'm sure you got those numbers from a boosted with stock internals 4.0. I'm going with Spike here, singing the walmart song. You'd have to bullet proof that thing to put down that kind of torque. (forged crank, rods, pistons, beefier gaskets, valvetrain, you name it.) It would like a whole different engine. And MUCH more expensive than a mustang GT, Camaro SS, maybe approaching stock GT500 money. And STILL not as cool.
probably should do some research

daily driven tune, 12psi, 10* advance

heres a video of me going 12.2 @ 113 with a 1800rpm launch

http://v6mustangvideos.vidiac.com/vi...cd014fcb78.htm

chances are i will be gettin a v6 camaro and not the v8 (unless i can get one under msrp) and will be doing the same thing with it as i did to the mustang.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #65
LegacyZ28

Drives: 1991 Jaguar XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
not a troll, been watchin the forums for over a year as i want a new camaro, and just now registered.

probably should do some research

daily driven tune, 12psi, 10* advance

heres a video of me going 12.2 @ 113 with a 1800rpm launch

http://v6mustangvideos.vidiac.com/vi...cd014fcb78.htm

chances are i will be gettin a v6 camaro and not the v8 (unless i can get one under msrp) and will be doing the same thing with it as i did to the mustang.
I give credit where credit is due

sick mustang
LegacyZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:21 AM   #66
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Yet, that graph still doesn't prove you aren't lying about your "otherwise stock" motor.

210chp to 410whp, thats more than a 100% increase in power. On stock internals? keep dreaming.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:32 AM   #67
fazm

you're more than welcome to come here and tear it down and put it back together.

notice the horrible valve float? thats because the stock valve springs suck and cant fully close the valve under high boost.

remember the 4.0's come factory with a cast crank and forged rods.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #68
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Fazm is legit, I've been a member on a mustang forum with him for quite a while now, and I assure you, he is telling the truth about his 4.0.

On a side note, HI FAZM!
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #69
fazm

i had a feeling ud be chiming in lol. thinkin bout going to the bowtie side?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #70
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Yeah, been thinkin about it for a while now, I love the stang, but I need somethin new, and my family has always leaned towards GM products.

Don't tell Rygen and the gang, I'll surprise them with pics on delivery day... lol
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote