Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #57
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
I think a lot of that has to do with what the dealers order for their lots.

I knew a dealership back in the 90's when I was ordering my Trans Am when they offered Red Leather told me not to order it....said his district manager told him it didn't look good and not to order any for them to sell.....Obviously he would have ordered it just for me.....but none for the lot for people to see...so they didn't hardly sell any red interiors.

Just got home today from our local dealer.....Had probably 100 trucks.....Mainly Black/White/Brownish-Gold colors.

They just did start making a sharp blue on them this year (2013) and they
had none !

Blue Topaz Metallic !...But people won't buy it if the dealers won't order any.

That is a very good looking Blue color.
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #58
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
I think a lot of that has to do with what the dealers order for their lots.

I knew a dealership back in the 90's when I was ordering my Trans Am when they offered Red Leather told me not to order it....said his district manager told him it didn't look good and not to order any for them to sell.....Obviously he would have ordered it just for me.....but none for the lot for people to see...so they didn't hardly sell any red interiors.
RED interiors use to be very sought after on the IROC-Z's and Corvettes. I always wanted red interiors on my Camaros and Vettes. And when i watched them at the auctions the red interior sports cars would always bring top dollar.
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #59
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
Imagine if most cars on the road were bright or vivid colors. The dealers would say, we never order white, black or silver cars...who would want to buy those? The factory's have themselves in a catch-22 I believe.
That's true, but it seems like they hit a good compromise on some cars....the Corvette being one of them
Old 02-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #60
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR3 View Post
RED interiors use to be very sought after on the IROC-Z's and Corvettes. I always wanted red interiors on my Camaros and Vettes. And when i watched them at the auctions the red interior sports cars would always bring top dollar.

I can see why, I love a great colored interior....these dark dark interiors are ok....but I like some color best !

My Dad had a Chevy truck back in the 70's that had a maroon interior that was really sharp...carpet,dash and all was maroon.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #61
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
If you look at sales of almost every vehicle across any brand, you will find that white, black, and red will always be in the top three or close to it. Making colors is expensive, and often times the "awesome" colors are the lowest production colors. CRT, SGM, and ABM were all very low production numbers.

I agree, I love the bright colors, but it's not what the market demands.
I think ABM was low production because the chevy website and the dealer catalog did it absolutely no justice. They looked horrible and people did not want to order one based on those examples. The ABMs are still very sought after.

But that is why they charge for "premium colors." If you look at most brands they have the base colors, then additional colors that they charge extra for. One example is the White Diamond Tri-coat for GMC, I believe they charge $300 extra. I would gladly pay a $300 charge to get the KB or Laguna Blue color I want on the ZL1 and not settle for another color.

I really like the AGM and that is what I will order this summer when the 2014 ordering opens. But if they offer this shade of blue I will be first in line at the dealership to order. Why can't the head honchos at GM/Chevy read this site and see how many of us want great colors. Look at the response when the SGM was unveiled.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #62
AquaSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Love the blue... not sure about the wheels. I think the spokes are to skinny on the SSX to pull off the polished look.

Oh and can we please come up with another name for the "Chevrolet SS?!" I drive an SS and that car, whatever else I may think about it, should not be called an SS. (regardless of what GM named it)

When I see it referred to in post I begin to get upset and think what are these mustang fan boys doing clogging up this forum hatting on the SS.
I couldn't agree more with you on the name. Chevy coulnd't find another name, or resurrect another name. SS is a trim line, not a name.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #63
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Like the KB.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #64
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebot8484 View Post

Featured on Camaro5 HOMEPAGE

Not sure if this is old news but while watching the video of the unveiling of the new Chevrolet SS at Daytona this past weekend I learned the ZL1 will be pacing the Nationwide race. Skip to the 17:36 mark in the video below.

Thats oe of the uglest Chevys I have ever seen in my life!
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #65
shrinkdoc

Whats the exact website to tell them what we think. The website he gave to make comments doesnt work.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #66
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaSSRS View Post
I couldn't agree more with you on the name. Chevy coulnd't find another name, or resurrect another name. SS is a trim line, not a name.
I wish there were still some old timers at GM who could show these people a thing or two about styling and car names. For God sake its an SS but SS what???
Old 02-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #67
AquaSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
I wish there were still some old timers at GM who could show these people a thing or two about styling and car names. For God sake its an SS but SS what???
Exactly.
I want to see a pic of your Yugo! that thing sounds awesome.
One of my dads customers at his shop had a Yugo that he drove until the late 90's.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #68
ScottZ28

Drives: 10 RS-71 Z28 RS-97 30th Anniv Z28
Here are a few pictures of the Camaro ZL1 pace car that I took during the broadcast of the race on tv. They are from the pre-race, pace laps, and first caution period.
Attached Images

ScottZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #69
mantarey

Drives: 77corvette/2011blkcamaro
what size are those wheels anybody know
mantarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #70
jgisonfire

Drives: 2004 Impala SS
I doubt its the same ZL1 because the lightbar is black around the strobe lights instead of blue on the Grand Am pace car. Plus I'd imagine we'll still see the grand am pace car at those races, which are rarely in the same place as the nationwide races.
jgisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote