Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 06-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #57
Trackspec Motorsports

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Incredible, just found this thread and was completely floored by the video. It truly puts the real world into perspective and how this amazing sport can have very serious consequences.

Chris, the Trackspec team watched the video together and are so grateful that you walked away from this accident with little to no physical injury. It only reinforces the importance of the safety equipment planning that you performed on your build. Kudos to you on the cage, harness, and helmet since we beleive it truly saved your life or at least saved yourself from serious bodily injury. You built the car to handle the increased power and level of danger correctly, and walked away from it to tell us about it. We are glad you are ok and as others said, you are irreplacable. I ve seen 30mph accidents with a whole lot worse passenger outcomes than yours.

All too often we talk about how many RWH's our cars make but seldem do we talk about what we are doing to increase the safety in these very powerful cars. And with 600RWHP just a maggie away, its become almost too easy!

Due to Chris's accident, Trackspec Motorsports and RPM Roll Bars have all 2010 Camaro NHRA legal bolt in roll cages 15% off to further push safety in these cars with free shipping on Chromoly Cages. SHoot me a PM to discuss further if interested.

Rob and Justin's (Turbo99) Cages are in coating and should be on their way to their shops shortly.

Have fun and stay safe guys.

John
Trackspec Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #58
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackspec Motorsports View Post
Incredible, just found this thread and was completely floored by the video. It truly puts the real world into perspective and how this amazing sport can have very serious consequences.

Chris, the Trackspec team watched the video together and are so grateful that you walked away from this accident with little to no physical injury. It only reinforces the importance of the safety equipment planning that you performed on your build. Kudos to you on the cage, harness, and helmet since we beleive it truly saved your life or at least saved yourself from serious bodily injury. You built the car to handle the increased power and level of danger correctly, and walked away from it to tell us about it. We are glad you are ok and as others said, you are irreplacable. I ve seen 30mph accidents with a whole lot worse passenger outcomes than yours.

All too often we talk about how many RWH's our cars make but seldem do we talk about what we are doing to increase the safety in these very powerful cars. And with 600RWHP just a maggie away, its become almost too easy!

Due to Chris's accident, Trackspec Motorsports and RPM Roll Bars have all 2010 Camaro NHRA legal bolt in roll cages 15% off to further push safety in these cars with free shipping on Chromoly Cages. SHoot me a PM to discuss further if interested.

Rob and Justin's (Turbo99) Cages are in coating and should be on their way to their shops shortly.

Have fun and stay safe guys.

John
Now thats what customer service and caring about the community is all about...

Thanks John and Gang... There are a number of folks waiting to see mine, out of the car and installed... I'll post up the pics when it gets here and when it's installed...

Thanks again for caring about this awesome community of gearheads...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #59
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax86 View Post
man now i want a cage!!
After seeing this video, I will not run the strip again, until I have a properly installed cage......

Glad the driver is ok, and speaks volumes to the manufacturer for putting together a top notch cage to protect the driver
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote