Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #57
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
What functionality do you lose by having that put in vs. the OEM equipment? I think the small rear view camera is insufficient to the task (only a little sour grapes for not winning here) and a larger screen and full-on navigation is something worth paying for.
Also what did you end up going with and (if you don't mind my asking) how much did it set you back?
Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #58
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
What functionality do you lose by having that put in vs. the OEM equipment? I think the small rear view camera is insufficient to the task (only a little sour grapes for not winning here) and a larger screen and full-on navigation is something worth paying for.
Also what did you end up going with and (if you don't mind my asking) how much did it set you back?
Tib
$1,700 for the camera and navi system. The camera is small but gets the job done. Shows a lot of the rear when trying to park or look behind you. If you get a bigger camera it won't look factory.
I didn't loose anything from the oem stereo. I still have the iPod aux. And got rid of the a/c knobs and put buttons from the Double Din KIT
Old 11-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #59
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Thanks ChvyBo$$, I'll start looking around for a local shop to do the deed. If you don't mind, do you have a rough run-down on components needed?

As regards the rear camera, I have a few ideas on how to incorporate it into the rear spoiler with some $$$ for body-work, but since I'm planning on some extensive striping, the paint shouldn't be an issue.

Tib
Old 11-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #60
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Thanks ChvyBo$$, I'll start looking around for a local shop to do the deed. If you don't mind, do you have a rough run-down on components needed?

As regards the rear camera, I have a few ideas on how to incorporate it into the rear spoiler with some $$$ for body-work, but since I'm planning on some extensive striping, the paint shouldn't be an issue.

Tib
I'm sry I don't have a run down on what's needed. I just purchased the stereo,camera, & iPod aux plug and that's it. My installer did the whole installation
Old 11-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #61
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

No worries, thanks! Mostly was interested in the stereo, but I can research that!

Thanks again!

Tib
Old 11-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #62
Mightygrasshopper

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary edition 'vert
i like how people knock on others for wanting a camera feature or some kind of back up assist feature. there was a time when people didn't need cell phones..and probably for some, that's still the case, but does that mean they're useless? there was a time, when people didn't need a computer, internet, or power steering...and so on. I don't think people asking for this type of feature makes them a dork or bad drivers, or not worthy of a camaro. no one needs an ipad, but for some reason, that makes you cool to have one...

www.mightygrasshopper.com
Into health, wellness and fitness? Check out my site for natural health product reviews, health articles and industry news.

Want to get into summer time shape? I'm a former fatty who's lost the weight - "Train With Me" for FREE - sexy abs in 16 weeks! Just follow along!
Mightygrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:31 AM   #63
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
The Tjin All Star Camaro from SEMA has back up camera on the trunk it's like fabricated into the trunk. its a pretty clean set up.

Heres a link for the pic.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1255/...15bd0127_b.jpg
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #64
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
The Tjin All Star Camaro from SEMA has back up camera on the trunk it's like fabricated into the trunk. its a pretty clean set up.

Heres a link for the pic.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1255/...15bd0127_b.jpg
it would probly be better to drill the hole in the plastic bumper before drilling a hole in the metal trunk lid.

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:03 AM   #65
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
it would probly be better to drill the hole in the plastic bumper before drilling a hole in the metal trunk lid.
I agree. but it looks good on the trunk tho. It looks factory.

I guess they've put it on top cuz it has a better view??
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #66
cammyy

Drives: Camaro LS3
Did someone test the rear view kit from IVS ? Does it work good?
Greetz from Germany

Paul
cammyy is offline   Reply With Quote