Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #57
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Hopefully they will make the right decision

Hopefully the Judicial system will make the right decision and make GM honor the warranty that they sold the car under.New or Old GM irregardless ,make them do the right thing.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #58
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
You guys are hilarious!!! Ford has done this, Dodge has done this, multiple companies have done it. None of them are innocent. And just because someone found a report about it on GM doesn't make them any worse than the others. Oh and the comment about the courts won't side in GMs favor... did you read the article? It states in it that a similar case was won by GM already, so yes, they can win the case.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #59
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
You guys are hilarious!!! Ford has done this, Dodge has done this, multiple companies have done it. None of them are innocent. And just because someone found a report about it on GM doesn't make them any worse than the others. Oh and the comment about the courts won't side in GMs favor... did you read the article? It states in it that a similar case was won by GM already, so yes, they can win the case.
GM might win in a court of law but they sure as hell wont win in the court of public opinion. that will cost them more in sales than they wouldl spend to remedy the problem. an absolutely foolish move on GM's part in my opinion and i'm a diehard GM guy (except for my mustang)

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109
HeaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #60
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
GM might win in a court of law but they sure as hell wont win in the court of public opinion. that will cost them more in sales than they wouldl spend to remedy the problem. an absolutely foolish move on GM's part in my opinion and i'm a diehard GM guy (except for my mustang)
I agree it will cost them in sales, the stated response was in court... also, everyone here is acting like GM is the only company to ever do this, and they're not. So many do this that it's become common place...
Old 08-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #61
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
The plaintiffs in that suit should sue the UAW and Obama for stealing the Old GM bond holder's property and giving it to the unions. It was a fraudulent conveyance, pure and simple.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #62
My 5th

The upside to GM's bankruptcy is they can't file bankruptcy again for 7 years. So enjoy your car for another 5 years.

Of course, there's the risk that if they wanted to file another bankruptcy for any reason they probably could because the courts let them break the existing bankruptcy laws with regard to bondholder's property rights--violating the 4th and 5th Amendments in the process. The constitution is dead.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #63
My 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
Does this reasoning work both ways? That is, if new GM is not responsible for the cars built by old GM, does that mean anyone with a GMAC loan on an old GM car not have to pay it back, or that the dealers got all old GM inventory they had on the lot at the time of the bankruptcy for free?

If new GM is such a separate entity from old GM that new GM is free and clear of having to honor any warranty claims or other obligations of old GM's, why would anyone who had any obligations toward old GM owe anything to new GM?
What, are you crazy? Of course it doesn't go both ways. Because the government is involved they get to do what they want. Screw the constitution and the law.

Last edited by My 5th; 08-20-2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: punctuation
My 5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #64
CAMAROZL1

Drives: Point A to B Car until ZL1
Angry

OK, now....everyone chill. Yes, it sucks. but, I think the bigger loser in this case was OP for bringing this up (AGAIN). Maybe not the same person but definently a .

Tell me, what do you get out of reposting here? As far as I know, everyone has to make a good buying decision. I knew from LONG ago, that Impalas were NOT a good buy. They are still....NOT a good buy. Doesn't matter if they are extremely cheap, as the saying goes

"You get what you paid for."

I'm still going to buy a GM product despite this ridiculous REPOST. As long as it's built well, and the reviews from actual owners CONFIRM it, I will buy it.

No need to SLAM GM for this. The consumers aren't stupid (I hope) and they will lose a lot of potential customers because of this.

Therefore, you post is irrelevent to CAMARO5. Not IHATEGMANDWILLREPOSTTHIS5.

My honest opinion on this matter and I already know that there are maybe some that may not agree, but I felt this needed to be said.

End rant.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #65
shines

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
Right on...a large part of my retirement funding was lost because of Obama's decision. But, I guess I'm one of those evil "rich" people...NOT
shines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #66
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
All impala owners should drive their cars right thru GM dealers and blame it on faulty parts. Class act GM......Way to stand by your work....
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #67
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
sounds like the early 90's all over again
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #68
AVNMechanic

Drives: Want a 2SS/RS IOM
Good thing I'm buying a "new GM" Camaro and not an "old GM" Impala. I'm not jumping ship to Ford for this.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #69
2SSRSinBama

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro CGM
look I and my family have been GM people our whole lives, this is a joke... New GM? bull shit

if that is the case, I don't want to see the old GM, and the heritage it brings, in ANY of their commercials, not for the heritage of the Silverado, the heritage of the Corvette, or the Camaro... if they are a "new" company... well, tell the world that.... don't mention the good things the company did so many years ago but then act like you are some new company...

they won't do this, they'll show up waving the American flag and talking about how long they've been around

they dropped the ball here and deserve every negative thing that gets wrote about them

I hope there are some execs here, and I hope they read this... there are A LOT of diehard GM people who's jaws dropped when they read these reports, I can only imagine what the GM haters are saying... its an embarrassment to the company

the bigger question is why did "new GM" fix all of "Old GM's" police issued Impalas but then tell the average customer to piss off when they wanted the SAME MODEL of car fixed?

2010 Camaro SS L99... has a few mods
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:27 AM   #70
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
CamaroZL1-- I'm the OP and..

if there was a repost, it wasn't me so kiss my a--.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote