Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #57
kannon

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/M6
Lot's if Internet BS in this thread.

I'm a CHL holder and never leave home without my concealed weapon. Thing is...if this happened to me, I would have no choice but to do what the OP did. By chasing after and confronting him, you are escalating the situation and anything that happens after that can be blamed on you (at least in part).

kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #58
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
From the left turn lane beside you, the driver spits out of his passenger window and into your driver's side window. To quote Jerry Sienfeld, that was "one magic loogie". Are you sure it wasn't his six year old kid with a water gun?

Mary - Orange Camaros Rule!
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #59
Secret Squirrel

Drives: 1965 Chevelle Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
From the left turn lane beside you, the driver spits out of his passenger window and into your driver's side window. To quote Jerry Sienfeld, that was "one magic loogie". Are you sure it wasn't his six year old kid with a water gun?

There were several guys in the car, and the guy in the passenger seat did the spitting.
Secret Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #60
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
So I'm sitting at a light with my windows down, listening to Third Day (Christian band) of all things, when some a-hole in the left turn lane decides to drive by me and spit into my window!
Quote:
There were several guys in the car, and the guy in the passenger seat did the spitting.
JK...but are you sure it wasn't a water gun?

Mary - Orange Camaros Rule!
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #61
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and trust that you are not calling me a coward. Brother, I have spent the last 15 years of my life defending other people, you included. I have been to Iraq, and every other hell hole on this earth for the sake of your freedom and ability to say stupid stuff like this from behind a computer. Like I said, don't make the mistake of thinking that because of one situation where I took the high road, that I am afraid to stick up for myself, or you, or anyone else if need be.
If I read your post wrong, then so be it, but you should REALLY think before you go posting things like this.
Sh!t happens. It's not worth getting killed or going to jail over some D-bag.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #62
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
people really are stupid.
The summer when I first got my car, I was driving home from work in the left lane and some douche in the opposing left lane suddenly swerved over the yellow lines as if he was trying to play chicken with me.
What was he trying to get out of that?
Old 03-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #63
Secret Squirrel

Drives: 1965 Chevelle Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
JK...but are you sure it wasn't a water gun?
Lol. I'm sure. Unless it was hiding in his mouth and foams when it hits its target, I'm pretty sure. I actually turned my head just as he spit. Saw it leave his mouth.
Secret Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #64
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Unfortunately there are good people in this world and there are bad people. By restraining yourself and saying a quick prayer, you did yourself a whole lot better than anything you could have done by confronting him. Not sure why people bring in guns into the conversation; you could easily go from a bad to worse situation when it comes to weapons. Anyway, kudos to you for showing restraint. In the end, karma will get this guy. It always does.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #65
vanlieremead
Chris

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Jewel Red 6.2L Vert
Guys,

One time I had a confrontation, no violence, just raised voices with an idiot biker on a walking trail. Afterwards, it didn't make me feel any better nor did I feel proud that I did it. The other day, a woman opened her door directly into my wife's car - didn't care then denied it. Violence in return? Key the car?

Retrospectively, that person who spitted may have been evil but evil is as evil does. They may have wanted a confrontation. If this would have happened to me I would have been pissed and probably mad that I didn't outwardly react - but I would not have given them the pleasure. These people have issues and as long as my interests are not physically harmed, I would leave it well enough alone. I do believe there is a karma in this world and if you feel more honorable based on your action, then you have received yours. Then there is the old acid test...what would my mother think of my actions?
vanlieremead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #66
1985airborne
One Slow Automatic

Drives: 2017 GS 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BCT4ID View Post
thats why my passenger name is Glock and she is 45
LMAO MY PASSENGER HAS THE SAME NAME!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #67
1985airborne
One Slow Automatic

Drives: 2017 GS 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlieremead View Post
Guys,

One time I had a confrontation, no violence, just raised voices with an idiot biker on a walking trail. Afterwards, it didn't make me feel any better nor did I feel proud that I did it. The other day, a woman opened her door directly into my wife's car - didn't care then denied it. Violence in return? Key the car?

Retrospectively, that person who spitted may have been evil but evil is as evil does. They may have wanted a confrontation. If this would have happened to me I would have been pissed and probably mad that I didn't outwardly react - but I would not have given them the pleasure. These people have issues and as long as my interests are not physically harmed, I would leave it well enough alone. I do believe there is a karma in this world and if you feel more honorable based on your action, then you have received yours. Then there is the old acid test...what would my mother think of my actions?
A LITTLE ACETONE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER??
Old 03-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #68
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and trust that you are not calling me a coward. Brother, I have spent the last 15 years of my life defending other people, you included. I have been to Iraq, and every other hell hole on this earth for the sake of your freedom and ability to say stupid stuff like this from behind a computer. Like I said, don't make the mistake of thinking that because of one situation where I took the high road, that I am afraid to stick up for myself, or you, or anyone else if need be.
If I read your post wrong, then so be it, but you should REALLY think before you go posting things like this.
No I'm not calling you specificly a coward. I can understand and respect your reasoning behind it all. My issue is about these type of threads ( which I stated earlier) and the fact almost all of them are about the op being afraid to say or do anything while they get taken advantage of. Over and over. They are just simply afraid, not trying to be the bigger man, or let it slide cuz they know they can handle their own, or thought it through. They are just simply afraid.

Being in the navy pretty much proves you can handle your own and take care of yourself. And being a Christian explains why you choose the other route.
I can totally understand that and respect that, which is why I said I wouldn't post anymore.
But I'm neither of those, and I'd be damned if I let my neighbor key my car, multiple times or sit and watch while some guys dog pisses over my car. And not say or do anything. And be encouraged to not do or say anything by people on this forum. It's just not in me.

Now I'm not trying to come across as some bad ass, I'm not a bully and I don't carry a piece with me everywhere I go. But I do own one, and I know how to use it, but I don't run to it like its the solution to all my problems. The way many would say. I grew up fighting so it's not a foreign concept to me to get your hands dirty. I'm a nice guy and I treat people the way I want to be treated. With respect. Cuz I personally know how easily shit can get way outta hand.
But I'd be damned if I let my neighbor key my car, multiple times or watch some guy let his dog piss on my car and not say or do anything about it.
And be encouraged by people here to not say or do anything. Like that's the best way to handle any negative situation you find yourself in. Who wants to live like that? I'm not saying to just go Rambo and come out guns blazing over anything, but don't just sit there either.
Too many of these threads are just people who are simply afraid. And to be honest, nothing wrong with that. If your afraid, that's fine. But don't walk through life being afraid. Do something so you don't have to be afraid. Learn how to fight, take some classes. Get a gun and learn how to shoot it. Do anything. Just don't sit back and get stepped on.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #69

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Its hard most times to get a full picture of a maliscious incident from most threads...
I would think there's probably more to it than what's posted in many cases, which would give the impression the op is "afraid".
It can be frustrating with the one's you mention, like what the hell are you waiting for?...lol...

Perhaps that's why we never hear of a post that goes..."I kicked the crap out of a guy who ____________ to my car"...

Or..."I fired a few warning shots at that guy who tried to__________..."...

Looking for sympathy here on these forums is easy, as is false bravado...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #70
mudchick_alicia

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Here we go again, I had almost the same thing happen to me not to long ago http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204471

Like I said in my thread when I was younger before I had my family to think about the outcome could have been worse. But I have a daughter that looks forward to having her mom in her life and not in jail or dead because I tried to shoot someone for spitting on my car, that doesn't make me afraid or scared!
mudchick_alicia is offline   Reply With Quote